The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by g.k.galloway
Ah right :smile: It's not all about gifts, the food is good too :biggrin:
Maybe do a secret santa amongst some people you know :smile:

I suppose. I might go to London for XMAS or bribe someone to visit me :h:

I'm doing a subscriber secret santa and possibly one with my music class.
Original post by keromedic
I suppose. I might go to London for XMAS or bribe someone to visit me :h:

I'm doing a subscriber secret santa and possibly one with my music class.

Haha :smile:

That sounds good - I love secret santas :biggrin:

That sounds good - I love secret santas :biggrin:

Oh, lol.
Last year, I cheated and gave my gift recipient a couple of my good condition books to bulk up the gift.
Yup :h:

I don't know. I've been off for a few days and I don't want to email my teachers incase I receive judgmental replies so I'll look at the courseplan and cover the relevant bits :biggrin:. I also want to finish my music piano composition this weekend as I want to share it with someone.

Oh, lol. You have an actual fire? That's cool :biggrin:.

Haha yeah that's understandable :tongue: So jealous that you play the piano! Such a beautiful thing to play. My friend is grade 8 and I've always envied her talent.

Hehe I do :tongue:
Original post by ethery
DOCTOR WHO EEE

i have a super doctor who sense, i can tell when people are talking about it

unfortunately there's a 15 minute delay.

:woo:

Hahaha awww :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
Haha yeah that's understandable :tongue: So jealous that you play the piano! Such a beautiful thing to play. My friend is grade 8 and I've always envied her talent.

Yep.
I am rubbish though. It's not really about talent. With hard work, anyone who's averagely intelligent and doesn't have a medical coordination problem can get to Grade 8 in a (non voice) instrument in 5-8 years, with teaching.

You should start an instrument if you want to.
Yep.
I am rubbish though. It's not really about talent. With hard work, anyone who's averagely intelligent and doesn't have a medical coordination problem can get to Grade 8 in a (non voice) instrument in 5-8 years, with teaching.

You should start an instrument if you want to.

I'd agree with that, would take longer than that probably though on your first instrument. 8 years is probably about normal but don't know anyone who has taken 5 years with no musical experience. But go for it Lucy :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
I'd agree with that, would take longer than that probably though on your first instrument. 8 years is probably about normal but don't know anyone who has taken 5 years with no musical experience. But go for it Lucy :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idk. I've gotten to Grade 5 piano with 2-3 years of teaching :dontknow: and I'm aiming to do grade 7 in 2015 :holmes:.
Idk. I've gotten to Grade 5 piano with 2-3 years of teaching :dontknow: and I'm aiming to do grade 7 in 2015 :holmes:.

True, you work ridiculously hard at it though and are probably more of an exception! Just depends on the person I guess and also the age at which they start to some extent, as well as a degree of natural talent as you say :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
True, you work ridiculously hard at it though and are probably more of an exception! Just depends on the person I guess and also the age at which they start to some extent, as well as a degree of natural talent as you say :smile:

Yea. I should probably have put get from Grade1-8. Because depending on the instrument, getting started can take a while! (tuning/positioning etc)
Yea. I should probably have put get from Grade1-8. Because depending on the instrument, getting started can take a while! (tuning/positioning etc)

True- on sax it took me about a term to even get a decent/vaguely reliable sound of of the thing, but then got a merit in my grade 5 a term later. It being my second instrument and very similar to flute is mostly responsible for that, but the point still stands!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7550
Star Wars Episode VI :adore:
Original post by Pandora.
Star Wars Episode VI :adore:

Which episode is your favourite? :smile:
All you peeps talking about instruments...I wish I hadn't given up playing the flute :/
Reply 7553
Which episode is your favourite? :smile:
I've only seen V and VI so far. I think I'd say VI. :smile:
Original post by Pandora.
I've only seen V and VI so far. I think I'd say VI. :smile:

Haha :smile: I assume you will get round to watching the rest at some point then! :biggrin:
People voluntarily watch star wars?
Adored Doctor Who :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
Adored Doctor Who :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was so good! :biggrin:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
It was so good! :biggrin:

It actually was :biggrin: plus it was great to see my beautiful David again :wink: really wish Christopher had been in it though :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
As a Doctor and Rose fan that was ridiculously disappointing :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest