The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shadowdweller
Hurt doesn't remember the events though, so he believed he destroyed his people still

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then why do Tennant and Smith remember?
It was good, not excellent but on a par with the Pandorica.

I thought Rose was poorly written and should have played a much more active role. John Hurt really was underwhelming (lacked the energy or anger needed) but i thought the story and interaction between 10 and 11 was great.

Also, is it just me or do people think that Doctor Who since Christmas has been back to being great.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I thought that was absolutely amazing, personally. I don't think I can even words atm. Still recovering omg.

I got more excited by seeing "silence will fall" after it - after getting the little glimpse of a Silence to prime me. Finally, dude. I've never felt that the "silence will fall" prophecy was sufficiently fulfilled by the "stars going out" in the finale. Hoping to see it get properly answered at Christmas. :biggrin:
Then the Sherlock teaser! OOMMMGGG.

When was this??? I don't think I remember that episode haha, but I assume it got answered tonight. Thought it was a but ominous when Remnant responded strongly to 'bad wolf'. Bad wolf bay ftw
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Scienceisgood
Then why do Tennant and Smith remember?

Tennant doesn't either I don't think. Smith only does after he did it. Or at least, that's how I understood it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mynameisntbobk
When was this??? I don't think I remember that episode haha, but I assume it got answered tonight. Thought it was a but ominous when Remnant responded strongly to 'dark wolf'. Dark wolf bay ftw

Bad Wolf*
Tennant doesn't either I don't think. Smith only does after he did it. Or at least, that's how I understood it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They put together so much BS in this episode it is unreal...
Reply 2646
Imagine if sherlock was the doctors companion

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm just confused how the 4th Doc knew what happened.
They put together so much BS in this episode it is unreal...

I thought most of it followed through tbh :dontknow:

Original post by Ben6597

Posted from TSR Mobile

Deduction overload :tongue:

Original post by ThePhoenixLament
I'm just confused how the 4th Doc knew what happened.

The whole Time stream thing, no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben6597

Posted from TSR Mobile

IMAGINE IF IT WAS WITH 10.

BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH AND DAVID TENNANT IN ONE PROGRAMME.

*dies*
I thought most of it followed through tbh :dontknow:

Questions:
What happened to The Master, shouldn't The Doctor automatically regenerate BACK to Tennant because the Timelords would never have been brought back meaning he wouldn't have absorbed the radiation which basically forced his regeneration...

So many plot holes...
OOOH, but I was very happy that a rabbit had a starring role in the 50th!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:
Questions:
What happened to The Master, shouldn't The Doctor automatically regenerate BACK to Tennant because the Timelords would never have been brought back meaning he wouldn't have absorbed the radiation which basically forced his regeneration...

So many plot holes...

:O
Questions:

So many plot holes...

The time lords were brought back from Galifrey/wherever they were trapped, no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sosadsosad
OOOH, but I was very happy that a rabbit had a starring role in the 50th!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

I thought the alien (can't remember name for a moment) was actually disguising itself as the log, not the rabbit. =P
Original post by sosadsosad

Sameeeee :smile: It was a lovely rabbit :smile:
Original post by Miracle Day
Bad Wolf*

Now this is very awkward :rolleyes:

Thanks though
The time lords were brought back from Galifrey/wherever they were trapped, no?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, then they returned, but now history has been changed, it was no longer time locked which means ALL the alien races are coming though, the nightmare child, the could have been king etc...

They ONLY focused on the Daleks and Timelords and forgot about everything else...
Original post by Rakas21
It was good, not excellent but on a par with the Pandorica.

I thought Rose was poorly written and should have played a much more active role. John Hurt really was underwhelming (lacked the energy or anger needed) but i thought the story and interaction between 10 and 11 was great.

Also, is it just me or do people think that Doctor Who since Christmas has been back to being great.

I really loved the interactions between all the Doctors. All the past-references and quips they threw at each other were brilliant.

Rose wasn't really rose though. The Moment's operating system chose an interface based off of someone the Doctor met and should therefore recognise, but she picked someone from the future and that's someone John Hurt's Doc has yet to meet. Said her/it's self that it gets confused between the past/present/future or something like that. I too would've loved it if 'Rose' interacted with 10 as well but its her aesthetically, not personally. 10s face when he heard Bad Wolf though, so close. :cry:

Its had a few bumps along the road ever since Moffat took over, but hopefully he can now make episodes as good as that, and on a consistent basis too. (Probably one of the few that thinks that atm but whatever :ahee:). Actually believe that the standard episode run time(45 minutes?) is too short for a Moffat story but that's a debate for another day. :moon:
I thought the alien (can't remember name for a moment) was actually disguising itself as the log, not the rabbit. =P

XDD

Original post by g.k.galloway
Sameeeee :smile: It was a lovely rabbit :smile:

He was lovely, wasn't he? :love: I squealed with happiness. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending