Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2080
Original post by youraveragestudent

No decision yet but Hi5 for Stats w/Finance! :biggrin:

Yayyy! I really feel like won a lottery...:biggrin: good luck!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2081
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Impressive academics, what course?

Thx! Bsc stats&finance
Reply 2082
Original post by silonthesofa
Back in 2010, I was accepted to Durham, King's, and St. Andrews unconditionally with AP scores. I think also UCL. But I applied with 16 APs, of which 9 were 5s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow!! That's ALOT!
Why are you applying again, then?
Reply 2083
Original post by julesohm
Hey guys! How was your LSE Friday? Just got the 'your application is among the strongest' email, got it 6 weeks after receiving the 5 week email. Applying for Law:smile::smile:

Congrats! I got that email too :smile: what country are you applying from... I'm from Australia :smile:
Original post by vi_anna
Wow!! That's ALOT!
Why are you applying again, then?

I'm not. Lol. I'm happily in the middle of my physics degree at Imperial. My girlfriend's applying to LSE this year so I'm stalking the message boards, but so very few are in her position, that it's hard to get any sort of idea about anything. Haven't heard anything from a single Israeli that studies or is applying to study in the UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2085
Original post by Nik13
Congrats! I got that email too :smile: what country are you applying from... I'm from Australia :smile:

Nice one. I'm applying from Malaysia! A fellow Commonwealth country too! So I believe you're applying using your Year 12 results (ATAR etc)? :smile:
Reply 2086
I'm not. Lol. I'm happily in the middle of my physics degree at Imperial. My girlfriend's applying to LSE this year so I'm stalking the message boards, but so very few are in her position, that it's hard to get any sort of idea about anything. Haven't heard anything from a single Israeli that studies or is applying to study in the UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How are you finding Imperial? I'll struggle to choose between Imperial and LSE if I get into both.
Reply 2087
Nice one. I'm applying from Malaysia! A fellow Commonwealth country too! So I believe you're applying using your Year 12 results (ATAR etc)? :smile:

Oh nice one! Hahah yeah I did :smile: I wonder how many people got that email..not too sure how happy i should be lol...
Just got rejected on the last day of my five weeks, got the most aggravating email saying i didnt show interest in the course on my personal statement :frown: Heartbroken :frown: Good luck to everybody still waiting!
Reply 2089

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see :P
Interesting. I am also applying from abroad :smile: Wish your girlfriend the best luck! She's very lucky!
Original post by BenChard
Thanks:biggrin:! At AS I had aabb and a2 predictions A*AA:rolleyes:

Which course did you apply for? Congrats :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD315
How are you finding Imperial? I'll struggle to choose between Imperial and LSE if I get into both.

I love Imperial. South ken rocks, for the most part, people are nice. Professors and lecturers are good, although perhaps a bit idiosyncratic. As you're applying to both imperial and LSE, I take it you're applying for a math major? Anyways, should it be a math major, undoubtedly, I'd choose Imperial. That's not a biased statement, because I'd gladly attend LSE for something else, but given Imperial is a top 10 in the world ranked university that is specifically strong in engineering, math, and the sciences, seems like a no brainer. But that being said, also, south ken is a much nicer area than holborn. Hope I helped some. Post or pm me if you have any more questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vi_anna
Oh I see :P
Interesting. I am also applying from abroad :smile: Wish your girlfriend the best luck! She's very lucky!

Given you were asking about APs, I figured that'd be the case :smile: may I ask what course at LSE and what APs/scores? and yes, she is very lucky admittedly, but how you gathered that from what I posted is a mystery to me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2093
Original post by Nik13
Oh nice one! Hahah yeah I did :smile: I wonder how many people got that email..not too sure how happy i should be lol...

It isn't a concrete offer but it's definitely something that you should be happy about! Be optimistic! Where else did you apply to? :smile:
okay. I just have to say this because it's been bugging me. A. do not hold LSE to their given time slots. 2 weeks doesn't mean exactly 2 weeks. and 5 weeks doesn't mean exactly 5 weeks. as in, 3 weeks and 2 days into my 5 week wait, or, 1 day before my 5 weeks are up, IS MEANINGLESS. B. being considered further MEANS you've been put in the pool where once more candidates are received (aka january 15th is my guess), you'll be evaluated. it does not by any means mean " of course you're guaranteed a spot". that's just retarded. If you were "of course guaranteed a spot", you'd already have a spot. It's definitely a move in the right direction, but the immaturity in regards to interpreting LSE's emails is misleading and frustrating. That is all. hope I've shed some light on the situation :smile:
Reply 2095
It isn't a concrete offer but it's definitely something that you should be happy about! Be optimistic! Where else did you apply to? :smile:

Well I have an interview for Cambridge and have offers from Edinburgh and a few other places haha... You?
okay. I just have to say this because it's been bugging me. A. do not hold LSE to their given time slots. 2 weeks doesn't mean exactly 2 weeks. and 5 weeks doesn't mean exactly 5 weeks. as in, 3 weeks and 2 days into my 5 week wait, or, 1 day before my 5 weeks are up, IS MEANINGLESS. B. being considered further MEANS you've been put in the pool where once more candidates are received (aka january 15th is my guess), you'll be evaluated. it does not by any means mean " of course you're guaranteed a spot". that's just retarded. If you were "of course guaranteed a spot", you'd already have a spot. It's definitely a move in the right direction, but the immaturity in regards to interpreting LSE's emails is misleading and frustrating. That is all. hope I've shed some light on the situation :smile:

Well said mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2097
Given you were asking about APs, I figured that'd be the case :smile: may I ask what course at LSE and what APs/scores? and yes, she is very lucky admittedly, but how you gathered that from what I posted is a mystery to me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I was saying she's lucky to have somebody who helps her out :P Didn't know she was accepted
I am applying for Philosophy & Politics (or is it the other way around?) and I have 5 in US History, European History, World History, Calculus BC, Statistics, US GNP, English Literature and Japanese and 4 in English Language and Comparative Government.
Original post by vi_anna
Oh I was saying she's lucky to have somebody who helps her out :P Didn't know she was accepted
I am applying for Philosophy & Politics (or is it the other way around?) and I have 5 in US History, European History, World History, Calculus BC, Statistics, US GNP, English Literature and Japanese and 4 in English Language and Comparative Government.

Ah, gotcha. She hasn't been accepted yet; we just submitted her application on friday. We'll see how she fairs. And that's quite an impressive amount as well. specifically that you managed 5s in both arts and sciences (math would be considered a science). Wish you the best of luck. hopefully that 4 in comp gov will be okay. For sciences, you have to have 5s in your proposed subject, just as a must. But given humanities are such a diverse and interrelated field, I don't know what specific subject requirements are. but good luck!
Reply 2099
Ah, gotcha. She hasn't been accepted yet; we just submitted her application on friday. We'll see how she fairs. And that's quite an impressive amount as well. specifically that you managed 5s in both arts and sciences (math would be considered a science). Wish you the best of luck. hopefully that 4 in comp gov will be okay. For sciences, you have to have 5s in your proposed subject, just as a must. But given humanities are such a diverse and interrelated field, I don't know what specific subject requirements are. but good luck!

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending