The Student Room Group

PS4 Vs Xbox One? Which one are you going for?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
PS4. The xbox one is not worth it.

Waiting for all the hate from xbox fans now :biggrin:
Reply 61
Original post by ozzyoscy
Erm... what's immoral about criticising someone for homophobia? (though I don't remember what you're describing, I'm just taking your word for it)

Hmmm... Conveniently both posts have now been deleted. And calling something 'gay' can hardly be classed as homophobia as it is very much in the 'gray' are when you are distinguishing things based on their offensiveness in addition to the frequency it is used today so now it has a very ambiguous meaning. Plus the intent behind the word needs to be taken into account. But if you want to be black and white about things go for it.

Anyways, since this discussion isn't getting constructive since we started throwing out perceived stereotypes, I say good day to you sir.

FYI maybe people aren't what they seem like after a few posts on the internet? I don't know. Just throwing it out there.
Reply 62
Original post by buddy
Hmmm... Conveniently both posts have now been deleted. And calling something 'gay' can hardly be classed as homophobia as it is very much in the 'gray' are when you are distinguishing things based on their offensiveness in addition to the frequency it is used today so now it has a very ambiguous meaning. Plus the intent behind the word needs to be taken into account. But if you want to be black and white about things go for it.

Anyways, since this discussion isn't getting constructive since we started throwing out perceived stereotypes, I say good day to you sir.

FYI maybe people aren't what they seem like after a few posts on the internet? I don't know. Just throwing it out there.

Yeah, not reading this.
Reply 63
Yeah, not reading this.

Yet you manage to go through the effort to quote me and then go on to say this... Interesting. :biggrin:
Reply 64
Original post by buddy
Yet you manage to go through the effort to quote me and then go on to say this... Interesting. :biggrin:

Effort?
Reply 65
Effort?

*dramatic sigh* Clearly this 'argument' is going nowhere. Tell you what, I'll put you my ignore list and you put me on yours. Everyone wins. Peachy?
PS4 :smile:

Xbox 360 user but I'm returning to my Sony roots
Got the Xbox One and really enjoying it. The voice recognition is quite nifty, but I prefer using the controller to navigate like before. I chose the Xbox over the PS4 because I owned a PS2 and PS3 but didn't particularly like the Playstation controller or their iffy online connection so decided to switch to the 360 and now Xbox One. All my friends have an Xbox too so it makes sense in that way too - playing alone can get boring quite quickly, it's much more important to me that my friends can chat to me etc. than a little bit more processing power for example. I also prefer how the Xbox has everything all in (with the exception of Live, but they give you quite a few codes for free trials), whereas the Playstation doesn't include the camera, plus there's a game already included in the box ready to download for you so the extra cost is worth it IMO. Quite enjoying the fitness pack that came with it too!

Of course, it's all personal preference, but I am very happy with the Xbox so far!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 68
Original post by buddy
*dramatic sigh* Clearly this 'argument' is going nowhere. Tell you what, I'll put you my ignore list and you put me on yours. Everyone wins. Peachy?

Or just stop replying if it's affecting you that badly rather than tell me about it. Best to call me a troll, hater or fanboy and inform me how much I was "crushed" (in caps for extra effect) or "owned" beforehand to really take the stereotype home. Bonus points for extra 'LOL's, 'sigh's and :rolleyes: emoticons used.
Reply 69
Original post by danielsigsworth
You're missing the point. The graphics are not set in stone like a console. You can keep adding better and better graphic mods, it's flexible. Also the graphics settings can be tweaked in-game. The PC master-race wipes it's arse with modern-consoles with flexibility and customisation alone. You can't put a set graphic level score in this comparison because PC is flexible to do whatever it likes. Making it ALWAYS ahead and there's nothing anyone can do about it.:cool:

His point was that you can't play Grand Theft Auto V on PC. And unless you've something substantive to add to the above litany of posturing prevarication and meaningless hyperbole, his point stands.

(Posted from a £2,000 PC.)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 70
Original post by buddy
good gamers
PC gamers
casual gamer

Are all imaginary labels created to validate or invalidate other peoples' opinions, as proven by the rest of your paragraph. In fact, same for just "gamer".
Reply 71
Original post by The_Guv
Are all imaginary labels created to validate or invalidate other peoples' opinions, as proven by the rest of your paragraph. In fact, same for just "gamer".

How am I invalidating anything? I digress about the 'good gamer' as that was just poor explanation on my part.Casual gamers exist, so do hardcore gamers and there IS a distinction between the two. But PC gamers that I know insist on really high resolutions if they can as evidenced by one of the previous posters and his 'PC Master Race' comments. If anything he's the one invalidating people's opinions. I put forward mine that people will be able to tell the difference between HD and Full HD. Just go to your local curry's or comet and if you have an old 720p tv, you will be able to tell the difference as there are 50% more pixels in 1080p. If you can't I find that very hard to believe.

And who are these 'people' you are talking about? It was one guy, I tried to enter into a polite discussion with him and then he responds by making judgments which were ill-advised.

If you were talking about the guy who thought the xbox was more powerful, I was just giving him the FACTs. There was no subjectivity to it. What he said was just wrong, Admittedly I could have been nicer about it but I don't think he's gonna cry over it any time soon.

And unlike the previous guy, could you keep this discussion cordial? It would be much appreciated.
Reply 72
Original post by buddy
How am I invalidating anything? I digress about the 'good gamer' as that was just poor explanation on my part.Casual gamers exist, so do hardcore gamers and there IS a distinction between the two. But PC gamers that I know insist on really high resolutions if they can as evidenced by one of the previous posters and his 'PC Master Race' comments. If anything he's the one invalidating people's opinions. I put forward mine that people will be able to tell the difference between HD and Full HD. Just go to your local curry's or comet and if you have an old 720p tv, you will be able to tell the difference as there are 50% more pixels in 1080p. If you can't I find that very hard to believe.

And who are these 'people' you are talking about? It was one guy, I tried to enter into a polite discussion with him and then he responds by making judgments which were ill-advised.

If you were talking about the guy who thought the xbox was more powerful, I was just giving him the FACTs. There was no subjectivity to it. What he said was just wrong, Admittedly I could have been nicer about it but I don't think he's gonna cry over it any time soon.

And unlike the previous guy, could you keep this discussion cordial? It would be much appreciated.

Calm down and sum it up in a few of lines or don't reply to me at all. Thanks. Though I'm not here for a sad internet debate, I'm informing you of something, you'd be wise to take it on board, but if you don't then never mind.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by The_Guv
Calm down and sum it up in a few of lines or don't reply to me at all. Thanks. Though I'm not here for a sad internet debate, I'm informing you of something, you'd be wise to take it on board, but if you don't then never mind.

Look, honestly I'm not trying to start anything. You explained what you think I did wrong. I explained why I don't think I was wrong. That's all there is for it.

But thanks for not going down the route of irrelavant insults.
Reply 74
Original post by buddy
Look, honestly I'm not trying to start anything. You explained what you think I did wrong. I explained why I don't think I was wrong. That's all there is for it.

But thanks for not going down the route of irrelavant insults.

Well, clearly unlike yourself, most of us aren't omniscient keyboard warriors who block people when we get frightened to feign superiority.
Reply 75
Original post by The_Guv
Well, clearly unlike yourself, most of us aren't omniscient keyboard warriors who block people when we get frightened to feign superiority.

Did you read the conversation at all?

So you condone replying to any logical arguments with insults and any retaliation with further insults instead of just telling my why I'm wrong? Wow. Ok.It had degraded to 'uh uh' and 'nuh uh'. Just because I try to explain myself, and it comes across rather long winded doesn't make me a 'keyboard warrior'

I blocked him because he had nothing constructive to say except more insults which seems to be you as well. If you find me a 'key board warrior' please feel free to move on with your life and don't interact with me, 'the saddo from the internet' anymore.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by buddy
Did you read the conversation at all?

So you condone replying to any logical arguments with insults and any retaliation with further insults instead of just telling my why I'm wrong? Wow. Ok.It had degraded to 'uh uh' and 'nuh uh'. Just because I try to explain myself, and it comes across rather long winded doesn't make me a 'keyboard warrior'

I blocked him because he had nothing constructive to say except more insults which seems to be you as well. If you find me a 'key board warrior' please feel free to move on with your life and don't interact with me, 'the saddo from the internet' anymore.

It's amazing that when disagreed with, your logical conclusion is that said person just didn't read what was written and what they'd just commented on. There's no need to reiterate what happened as if it's a revelation. No one's jumping to your defence. I get you have self-esteem issues, but trust me, using the internet and denial to try and fix it doesn't work.
Original post by DaveDavids
May/June 2014 when both will be reduced in price I will purchase which ever system has more games that appeals to me.

They aren't going to be reduced in price for a long time, definitely not 2014.
If you're waiting for price drop, hope the xbox one fails early-ms will then drop the kinect, dropping the price (though I doubt this will happen any time soon).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by The_Guv
It's amazing that when disagreed with, your logical conclusion is that said person just didn't read what was written and what they'd just commented on. There's no need to reiterate what happened as if it's a revelation. No one's jumping to your defence. I get you have self-esteem issues, but trust me, using the internet and denial to try and fix it doesn't work.

It seems a lack reading comprehension is recurring theme in your comments..

I ask why I am wrong and instead of telling me, you carry on postulating about some superiority complex.

I get it though. Since I now reside in my parents basement with doritos littering the rolls of my flab, wearing my fedora, I must require validation from strangers on the internet about my ability to defend myself.

Carry on my wayward son. Carry on.
Original post by buddy
It seems a lack reading comprehension is recurring theme in your comments..

I ask why I am wrong and instead of telling me, you carry on postulating about some superiority complex.

I get it though. Since I now reside in my parents basement with doritos littering the rolls of my flab, wearing my fedora, I must require validation from strangers on the internet about my ability to defend myself.

Carry on my wayward son. Carry on.

Please stop. You're impressing no one.

Quick Reply

Latest