The Student Room Group

International Medicine Applicants 2014

Hi everyone!

The timeline for international applicants can be quite different compared to UK/EU applicants and I feel there is a need to differentiate the two!

In many cases, it's very frustrating to see UK/EU students getting interviews first while the poor internationals have a much longer wait.

Please post your stats, medical schools that you have applied to and any updates regarding interviews and offers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You can say that again hahaha
i feel way in over my head at the moment as I really don't know the process and timelines of this UK system.
I am from Australia
got a UKCAT of 660

applied to Southampton, St George, Dundee and Nottingham

heard nothing yet from any of them, just sitting, waiting, wishing :wink:

good luck all
Reply 2
Original post by Brendo
You can say that again hahaha
i feel way in over my head at the moment as I really don't know the process and timelines of this UK system.
I am from Australia
got a UKCAT of 660

applied to Southampton, St George, Dundee and Nottingham

heard nothing yet from any of them, just sitting, waiting, wishing :wink:

good luck all

Haha was that a Jake Johnson reference?!

I'm Aussie too! But studying and living in Singapore.

I applied to Imperial, UCL, King's and Barts

I haven't heard back from any of them either.
It's going to be a long wait guys... :frown:
Reply 3
Hi!

I'm Canadian.
UKCAT 3100

I've applied to King's College Graduate-entry, Warwick graduate-entry, St. George's Int'l Graduate Entry and Southampton 5-year.

Waiting anxiously as well!
Reply 4
Original post by kfenrick
Hi!

I'm Canadian.

Another Canadian :eek: what province?

I applied to King's, Nottingham, Newcastle, and Sheffield (all undergrads)
UKCAT 755
Reply 5
Original post by pkozman

I am also a Canadian who applied for undergrad!
I applied to Nottingham, St. George, Birmingham and Liverpool.
Fingers crossed that we both get interviews at Nottingham. Best of luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by pkozman

I applied to King's, Nottingham, Newcastle, and Sheffield (all undergrads)
UKCAT 755

British Columbia! How about you??
Also, I just got my first interview offer this morning to St. George's :biggrin: (Interview in Jan)
Reply 7
Also, I just got my first interview offer this morning to St. George's :biggrin: (Interview in Jan)

That's great! First international interview invite I've heard so far :smile:

I've still got nothing :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

Ontario, and nice!! Cool thing about being an international is you have a lot longer to prep for interviews:colone:
Reply 9
Any Cambridge applicants?
Hi I am a Canadian applicant, applied for Graduate-entry at King's, Imperial, Warwick and Oxford.

UKCAT: 717.5
BMAT: TBD

Was invited earlier this week for an interview at Imperial in January.

Waiting on the other 3. Anyone else take the BMAT, and/or applying to Oxford?
Reply 11
International school leaver (year 13) from New Zealand

Applied to Cambridge, Imperial, UCL and KCL.

IGCSE: A*A*A*A*BB

CIE A Levels (7 subjects) : A*A*A*A* (achieved early entry) and predicted A*A*A*

UKCAT : 792.5
BMAT: Still waiting

Received interview at Cambridge

Waiting for BMAT results for UCL and Imperial, not yet heard from KCL though its UKCAT.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Hi there Im a Singaporean from Singapore.

Applied to Imperial, Edin, Aberdeen, Newcastle.

Heard nothing from them yet. Anyone received anything (save for acknowledgement letters)?

Ukcat 690
Reply 13
Original post by myrza
Hi there Im a Singaporean from Singapore.

Applied to Imperial, Edin, Aberdeen, Newcastle.

Heard nothing from them yet. Anyone received anything (save for acknowledgement letters)?

Ukcat 690

Nope :frown: the waiting time for internationals are soooo much longer and hellish than EU/UK applicants UGH

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I'm Egyptian and attend an international school in Dubai. I applied for UCL, KCL, Manchester, and St. George's, though Manchester sadly rejected me (I didn't ask for feedback because it's gonna do nothing but stress me out since we can't do anything about our applications at this point :P)

GCSEs: None
IB predicted grade: 39 points (666 at HLs)
UKCAT: 2590 (647.5 average) - quite risky applying to KCL with a score that's considered mediocre relative to other applicants but I've been told that they don't necessarily have a cutoff since they also consider my academics.

BMAT - TBD

All I heard so far was that I'm being considered for interview at St. George's because I JUST made the UKCAT threshold (2590 minimum) and they asked for my school transcript with which they'll make a final decision. :smile:
Reply 15
Heyy
Im Jordanian
I applied to East Anglia, St Andrews, Leicester and Dundee
IB predicted 43 (7,7,7 at HL)
UKCAT 2660 (665 avg)

All of the uni's asked me for my marks during grades before IB (grades 9 and 10) and some asked for activity forms and stuff like that
thats pretty much it :P
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by franngu
Nope :frown: the waiting time for internationals are soooo much longer and hellish than EU/UK applicants UGH

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very annoying, because Australian uni offers come out soon, and its likely I will have to make a decision even before hearing from the UK about an interview.

Haha, got to stop checking my emails haha
Reply 17
Original post by Brendo
Very annoying, because Australian uni offers come out soon, and its likely I will have to make a decision even before hearing from the UK about an interview.

Haha, got to stop checking my emails haha

How did you do in the UMAT? And the main offer round for most universities is 14th January?
Hi! I'm Turkish. Applied to Hull York, Leeds, Exeter and Keele.

UKCAT: 675
IB predicted: 36+EE/TOK

Great to see fellow international applicants, anxiously waiting now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Bomb
How did you do in the UMAT? And the main offer round for most universities is 14th January?

Main reason I am applying to UK is because I screwed the umat. (Well not screwed but wasn't enough to get into med) got 173, but didn't get 50 in all sections (got 48 in middle section). And I'm not a rural student, so don't get any free marks.

Yeh offers are around early jan (depending on the state) (already got one from UTAS) might have to just take law/bio med and try for medicine in 4 years time if I don't get into UK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending