The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by danlocke
Hmm my predictions are AABa so that may well be it. In fairness my AS grades weren't perfect so I suppose thats probably making a difference. I think my statement is pretty strong, I've already received two offers from other unis.

Yeah, they probably have to wait for other applicants 'in the same league' to pick out the best :smile: May I ask where you applied and from whom you ot the offers? :biggrin:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 641
Original post by Hanover
Yeah, they probably have to wait for other applicants 'in the same league' to pick out the best :smile: May I ask where you applied and from whom you ot the offers? :biggrin:

That makes sense. I've applied to UoM, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway and Surrey for Economics BSc and Westminster for Finance with Management BSc. I've had an offer from Westminster (BBC) and Queen Mary (AAB) :smile:. How about yourself?
Reply 642
Just wanted to update that I got an offer!
And I can't be the only one for anatomical sciences with a modern language can I? :tongue:
Reply 643
That makes sense. I've applied to UoM, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway and Surrey for Economics BSc and Westminster for Finance with Management BSc. I've had an offer from Westminster (BBC) and Queen Mary (AAB) :smile:. How about yourself?

I've applied to Queen Mary as well!!! Other choices are Lancaster, York, Cass Business School & of course Manchester
When did you get the offer from Queen Mary? I sent off my application 8 days ago :/
Reply 644
Original post by VK96
Just wanted to update that I got an offer!
And I can't be the only one for anatomical sciences with a modern language can I? :tongue:

You've just received an offer?? :eek:
Reply 645
Original post by Hanover
I've applied to Queen Mary as well!!! Other choices are Lancaster, York, Cass Business School & of course Manchester
When did you get the offer from Queen Mary? I sent off my application 8 days ago :/

Nice! I sent off my form on 05/11/13 and got the offer from QMUL last Thursday :biggrin:
Reply 646
Nice! I sent off my form on 05/11/13 and got the offer from QMUL last Thursday :biggrin:

Ok, so they needed more than 2 weeks for a decision..I should expect more since I'm an international student ^^
Reply 647
Had my interview last Wednesday for Cell Biology and got an offer straight afterwards! First choice definitely. The Life Sciences departments are amazing and the city is buzzing. Originally Bristol was my first choice, but after staying with my friend at the uni after my interview and going out for the night, I can definitely say it so much more sociable!!!

Firmed
Is anyone else here going to the EEE department visit day on Tuesday? :smile:
Reply 649
Original post by Hanover
You've just received an offer?? :eek:

No I got it on Wednesday but just wanted to update this thread :tongue:!
Reply 650
Original post by rlt26
Had my interview last Wednesday for Cell Biology and got an offer straight afterwards! First choice definitely. The Life Sciences departments are amazing and the city is buzzing. Originally Bristol was my first choice, but after staying with my friend at the uni after my interview and going out for the night, I can definitely say it so much more sociable!!!

Firmed

Hey I was there too, it's massive isn't it?
Reply 651
Original post by VK96
No I got it on Wednesday but just wanted to update this thread :tongue:!

How long did they need to give you an offer? :smile:
Reply 652
Original post by Hanover
How long did they need to give you an offer? :smile:

Interview on Wednesday, offer at the end of it :tongue:
Reply 653
Original post by Hanover
Ok, so they needed more than 2 weeks for a decision..I should expect more since I'm an international student ^^

Hmm yeah. Also its probably the same story as Manchester in that they needed to spend a little longer considering my application.
Reply 654
Hmm yeah. Also its probably the same story as Manchester in that they needed to spend a little longer considering my application.

I'm not really sure though, not many Germans apply to Manchester, maybe around 250 in overall
Reply 655
Original post by VK96
Interview on Wednesday, offer at the end of it :tongue:

Was it tough or very informal like if they want to learn more about the applicants? :smile: Do you think interviews are also compulsory for Economics?
Reply 656
Original post by Hanover
Was it tough or very informal like if they want to learn more about the applicants? :smile: Do you think interviews are also compulsory for Economics?

Quite informal for me, very friendly and I'm not sure about Economics, I was in the Life Sciences department :smile:.
Reply 657
Original post by VK96
Quite informal for me, very friendly and I'm not sure about Economics, I was in the Life Sciences department :smile:.

I'm a bit worried 'cause it says in the UCAS application that Manchester may invite me to an interview depending on the course..:biggrin:
Reply 658
Original post by Hanover
I'm a bit worried 'cause it says in the UCAS application that Manchester may invite me to an interview depending on the course..:biggrin:

Yeah they might but if it's anything like the Life Sciences one I had, it's nothing to worry about, just make sure you know about the stuff you wrote in your personal statement :smile:!
Reply 659
Original post by VK96
Yeah they might but if it's anything like the Life Sciences one I had, it's nothing to worry about, just make sure you know about the stuff you wrote in your personal statement :smile:!

The only thing that I'm afraid of is the British accent :frown:, because it's so flat you hardly can understand (at least for me, who is more familiar with American English) :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest