The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by P I E R E
what day is your interview? i'm on the 12th and my best price is £40 return (using the train line). how did you get it to £29? which times/website did you use?

might have to go to the cinema i it saves that kind of money, especially if i get multiple interviews haha

oh ps: COYGGGGG 2-0 XD

Mines on the 11th! I used national rail (and I have a 16-25 card which in itself has saved me £500 in the last year :tongue:)! My interviews at 1 so instead of getting the 8:30 train there (£68) I got the 9:10 or something which cost £13 :O and instead of getting the 3:30 return (£49) I am gonna get the 6:30 ish (£16)! Off peal is the best :biggrin: Yeah, interviews (like open days) may end up costing quite a bit :tongue:

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, SAID WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!! Giroud is a hero :biggrin:

Original post by g.k.galloway
Yep :smile:

That's good to hear! :biggrin:

I would defo assume that given that a few people with 59 have already been called :smile: Don't worry though, you'll defo get one :biggrin:
Original post by Dr. Django
Mines on the 11th! I used national rail (and I have a 16-25 card which in itself has saved me £500 in the last year :tongue:)! My interviews at 1 so instead of getting the 8:30 train there (£68) I got the 9:10 or something which cost £13 :O and instead of getting the 3:30 return (£49) I am gonna get the 6:30 ish (£16)! Off peal is the best :biggrin: Yeah, interviews (like open days) may end up costing quite a bit :tongue:

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, SAID WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!! Giroud is a hero :biggrin:

ah okay, i think it's a bit late for me to get a rail card now but i'll see if i need it haha look s like you've made quite a saving!
how do you know the time for your interview? my email says "report to the Maurice Shock Building by 8.45 am for registration and briefing." does this mean that my interview is at 8:45? it also says interviews and tours will be finished by 12:50pm? i'm confused lol

i love giroud so much man
(edited 10 years ago)
ah okay, i think it's a bit late for me to get a rail card now but i'll see if i need it haha look s like you've made quite a saving!
how do you know the time for your interview? my email says "report to the Maurice Shock Building by 8.45 am for registration and briefing." does this mean that my interview is at 8:45? it also says interviews and tours will be finished by 12:50pm? i'm confused lol

Railcard is definitely worth the money if you're gonna make more than 3 relatively long distance train journeys this year :smile:

Sorry, I dont know when my interview starts, mine too just says report at the Maurice Shock building for 1pm! Not sure what that means in terms of when our actual interview starts though!
Reply 783

It's because there will be like 30 other applicants there with you. They split you into three groups. You rotate around the stations in your group while the other groups are on tours then a different group goes through the stations while you're on the tour. When your group goes for the interview will change what time you finish. Hope that makes sense!
Original post by k1rby
It's because there will be like 30 other applicants there with you. They split you into three groups. You rotate around the stations in your group while the other groups are on tours then a different group goes through the stations while you're on the tour. When your group goes for the interview will change what time you finish. Hope that makes sense!

thanks for the clarification! :smile:

Original post by Dr. Django
Railcard is definitely worth the money if you're gonna make more than 3 relatively long distance train journeys this year :smile:

Sorry, I dont know when my interview starts, mine too just says report at the Maurice Shock building for 1pm! Not sure what that means in terms of when our actual interview starts though!

I will probably get a Railcard, I am sure of a few more interviews and they are all far up north from me (Nottingham, Newcastle, HYMS and I live in London) so it makes sense. Plus, I may take more journeys in the new year and could be v. useful since it covers 12 months :smile:
cheers for the advice mate
Lol people discussing how to get to interview and I'm sitting here with my 57 :frown:

Plus I'm international and they only interview 100 of us :frown:
I bet more than hundred got 60 and 59 for me to even be considered
Can someone please clarify the gcse points score for me?

It says triple science (up to 3). I did 3 sciences but did better in another subject, will they disregard physics? It seems unfair otherwise, if people only did 2 that the people with 3 have to count all three. Hope this makes sense, thanks to anyone who knows

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 787
Original post by purplestrawberry
Can someone please clarify the gcse points score for me?

It says triple science (up to 3). I did 3 sciences but did better in another subject, will they disregard physics? It seems unfair otherwise, if people only did 2 that the people with 3 have to count all three. Hope this makes sense, thanks to anyone who knows

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as I know, if you have the 3 sciences they will use them. I think they put that because someone might've taken two chemistry gcses on different exam boards or something and therefore have 4 sciences.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 788
Original post by fezza
Has anyone with the score of 57 received an interview yet?

I have 57 too, beginning to really worry hahaha, haven't heard any 57s get interview yet

hope we hear soon :frown:
Original post by eheg123
I have 57 too, beginning to really worry hahaha, haven't heard any 57s get interview yet

I'm a 57 too - starting to lose hope :frown:
Reply 790
Original post by EmmaJaneTaylor

me too! i thought 57 would have been grand!
have you got any other offers for interview?

its tough waiting
Original post by eheg123

Guys they've only just started giving out interviews, don't worry too much about it if you haven't had one yet
Original post by eheg123
me too! i thought 57 would have been grand!
have you got any other offers for interview?

its tough waiting

I thought 57 would have been a decent score too but it doesn't appear to be! No, I'm still waiting for any kind of reply from all - it's so hard because 3/4 have already started handing out interviews :frown: hopefully, i'll hear something soon.

have you got any other interviews?
Reply 793
I thought 57 would have been a decent score too but it doesn't appear to be! No, I'm still waiting for any kind of reply from all - it's so hard because 3/4 have already started handing out interviews :frown: hopefully, i'll hear something soon.

have you got any other interviews?

yeah mines are the same!
no interviews yet!
i applied to queens, dundee, nottingham where did you? :smile:
Original post by eheg123
yeah mines are the same!
no interviews yet!
i applied to queens, dundee, nottingham where did you? :smile:

the perks of being academically average :tongue:
We have a another choice in common - I've applied to nottingham too. I've also applied to st. andrews and glasgow. do you have any idea when Nottingham will start dishing out interviews?

At the minute, I'd rather i received a rejection straight out than having to wait for the next few months :cool:
Reply 795
I have 59 and haven't heard anything yet! When did everyone else hear back? :frown:
Is Leicester TSR's most applied to med school?? I'm thinking so :tongue:
I've got 58 but haven't heard from them yet. Those who've got interview dates, what are your scores?
Original post by h3isenberg
I was thinking Newcastle :biggrin:

Good shout actually, seems like the UKCAT heavy unis are pretty popular with TSR !
Reply 799

I have my interview at the exact same time as you x)
Will probably see you there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending