The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Cannot wait till the Medical Science open day on January 29th! Birmingham is my first choice :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by nemi022
I got an offer on the 21st of nov for straight law, I applied on the 19th of oct, did my lnat in September so it must have not been that bad :smile:. and I need to get AAA. they say if u are predicted over BBB then they will consider you so you should be fine, hope that helps, good luck :smile:

Hey there, congrats on your offer. What were your predictions? Sorry if you've already answered this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jenniferkaytie
Anyone waiting for an offer for law or already got theirs? If you've already got an offer, mind sharing how long you waited for a response, whether you've already done the LNAT and what grades you need? I've only been waiting a few days but I'm impatient beyond belief, I have my LNAT booked but not done and my predicted grades are ABB but I'm retaking my Greek History so there is a possibility for AAB

Hi. I'm predicted AAB and really worried I won't get an offer. I sent my ucas on the 14th November & I'm doing my LNAT today at 8am so I should really be asleep lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ItsJustMe17
Hey there :smile: In the same boat as you! Sent off my application before I did my LNAT (which was this Tuesday) and I got an email from the law school saying they've finally received it. Been a couple of days now and the waiting is agony! Have no idea how I've done :/ Really do hope I get an offer soon. Also been predicted ABB but im retaking History (hopefully get a B/A) and one module in economics (to get it to an A) and hopefully will get AAB in the end.

My LNAT isn't until 30th December and I'm so impatient D:
I think I will do okay at that though, with enough practice papers and stuff, and I got my English back and I'm working at B/A in my coursework, and the same for Ancient History, getting B+ so I should be all good for my retake on that.
Good luck in your retakes and maybe see you in October ;D
Original post by nemi022
I got an offer on the 21st of nov for straight law, I applied on the 19th of oct, did my lnat in September so it must have not been that bad :smile:. and I need to get AAA. they say if u are predicted over BBB then they will consider you so you should be fine, hope that helps, good luck :smile:

Thanks, didn't know there was a minimum but at least I'm over that level haha and woop good luck with the rest of your unis :smile:
Original post by mrs_usher4
Hi. I'm predicted AAB and really worried I won't get an offer. I sent my ucas on the 14th November & I'm doing my LNAT today at 8am so I should really be asleep lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well according to the other person that messaged me, as long as you have BBB they'll consider you, also, I went to a talk on the LNAT at my college and they said if you do really well on your LNAT but don't necessarily have the best UCAS or vice versa, they'll still consider you. So if you just miss your entry requirements but you completely smash your LNAT and have really good essays then you'll probably still get it :smile:
Reply 566
has anyone got an offer from university of bham to do law with prediction of aab please reply im stressing
Reply 567
Original post by ItsJustMe17
Hey there :smile: In the same boat as you! Sent off my application before I did my LNAT (which was this Tuesday) and I got an email from the law school saying they've finally received it. Been a couple of days now and the waiting is agony! Have no idea how I've done :/ Really do hope I get an offer soon. Also been predicted ABB but im retaking History (hopefully get a B/A) and one module in economics (to get it to an A) and hopefully will get AAB in the end.

please tell us when you get an offer in the same situation stressing really badly
Original post by tooooh
please tell us when you get an offer in the same situation stressing really badly

I will do! Been waiting for ages now and in the email it said it could be weeks! How will I cope!:redface:
Original post by jenniferkaytie
My LNAT isn't until 30th December and I'm so impatient D:
I think I will do okay at that though, with enough practice papers and stuff, and I got my English back and I'm working at B/A in my coursework, and the same for Ancient History, getting B+ so I should be all good for my retake on that.
Good luck in your retakes and maybe see you in October ;D

Yeah I think mine went alright :redface: Ohh what's your coursework on? I do english as well haha, English Lang & Lit to be specific. Everyone in my class gets to choose their own topic and theme :tongue:. Good luck on your LNAT btw just in case i forget to say it later haha
(edited 10 years ago)
Got my offer for English literature and History!
Reply 571
Original post by kayy17
Got my offer for Medical Science! Yaaay!

Posted from TSR Mobile

what where the conditions of your offer? Congrats! :smile:
Original post by Utterly-confused

Well done! When was your UCAS submitted? I've applied for Lit and History as well, waiting for a response is killing me!!
Reply 573
Original post by Utterly-confused

Well done! :biggrin: I've got an offer for English Lit and history too!! I confirmed it the other day :smile: Booking my accommodation soon :smile:
Reply 574
Original post by StevenGreeen
Well done! When was your UCAS submitted? I've applied for Lit and History as well, waiting for a response is killing me!!

I applied for that course on 21st October, and heard back on 15th November :smile: x
Reply 575
Original post by evie2014
Well done! :biggrin: I've got an offer for English Lit and history too!! I confirmed it the other day :smile: Booking my accommodation soon :smile:

What halls are you looking at? I'm not sure if catered is worth it! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer for Philosophy, Religion and Ethics AAB! I am over the moon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 577
Original post by iLayton
What halls are you looking at? I'm not sure if catered is worth it! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey :smile: I am most likely applying to Victoria Halls on Grange Road :biggrin: Then my back ups would be Jarratt Hall, Mason, etc. I don't understand why Victoria Halls is like £80 cheaper than Mason, even though Victoria Halls is much closer to campus, and has a lot included :L I contacted them today to ask when I can apply for it :smile: I'm going self-catered, as when I visited on the open day, one of the students said that he didn't think it was worth going catered, as you could use the meal card (don't know if that's its proper name!) and then just get meals from the uni when you wanted, so if you could be go like "half-catered", and the meals wouldn't be any cheaper than on the catered plan :smile: So I'll probably do that, cook for myself sometimes (well, attempt to!) and get the uni meals other times :smile:
What course you doing? x
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 578
Ahh nice, i've been looking at the Vale mostly, because it's kind of in the middle of both the Uni, and the city, but i'm notreally that bothered where i end up tbh! :P Yeah, my friend is in catered, and he said its not worth it at all. I think we can apply on the 2nd of December, or is that completely wrong ? :L yeah, the Meal card looks like a good idea, if for some reason you can't cook for yourself, or you don't want to walk back to your halls in-between lectures to get food, you can just get it at the uni!
I'm doing Mechanical Engineering, how about you? :smile: x
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 579
Original post by iLayton
Ahh nice, i've been looking at the Vale mostly, because it's kind of in the middle of both the Uni, and the city, but i'm notreally that bothered where i end up tbh! :P Yeah, my friend is in catered, and he said its not worth it at all. I think we can apply on the 2nd of December, or is that completely wrong ? :L yeah, the Meal card looks like a good idea, if for some reason you can't cook for yourself, or you don't want to walk back to your halls in-between lectures to get food, you can just get it at the uni!
I'm doing Mechanical Engineering, how about you? :smile: x

Yes, I did like the Vale location when I went to the open day before Summer :smile: yeah, I think it's 2nd December, but it's different for Victoria Halls, as they're non-university owned, so I have to book separately with them :smile: I think they have like all the cutlery and crockery included, and swipe cards to get in, etc, so I quite like the sound of it :smile: I have no idea how close it is to the train station though - hopefully not too far! :P
Wow, mechanical engineering - I found GCSE maths hard, never mind engineering! Haha ;P I'm doing history and English literature :smile: have you been invited to an applicant visit day? xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending