The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mynameisntbobk

Biology essays? :lolwut:

Oh, don't you do them?
I don't do biology but my friends that do, have to write essays. In year 13 though.
Still, the person you quoted is in year 12. Then again, he seems to be from Wales so perhaps his board (WJEC, I presume) does things a little differently. :dontknow:
Original post by Kezza Wilson
Oh, don't you do them?
I don't do biology but my friends that do, have to write essays. In year 13 though.
Still, the person you quoted is in year 12. Then again, he seems to be from Wales so perhaps his board (WJEC, I presume) does things a little differently. :dontknow:

I do biology A2 and the largest question I've seen is 6 marks. What could you possibly write an essay on? :lol:
I do biology A2 and the largest question I've seen is 6 marks. What could you possibly write an essay on? :lol:

Well my college does AQA. I'm just glancing at my friends assignment now and he has to write an essay on "the role of ATP in palisade leaf cells".
Well my college does AQA. I'm just glancing at my friends assignment now and he has to write an essay on "the role of ATP in palisade leaf cells".

Fair enough, I do edexcel, biology exams for them must be horrible
Reply 7624
Welsh people are lucky they have January exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
Welsh people are lucky they have January exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

They still have them?
Wow! I hadn't realised.

Yup, my school do AQA too and they have essays. I think they're 25 marks. They look horrendous.

And to think I complain at 6 mark questions in physics. :tongue:
Got another medicine interview!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks a lot :smile: yeah I think I assumed that in the end (because it is s strong base), but it would be stupid to assume it isn't two-way. I can't remember the question fully, but I'm sure the salt was being added to water as opposed to an aqueous solution.

Biology essays? :lolwut:

Yes :tongue:

WJEC have Biology Essays... 10 marks they are.

Eg
Describe and explain the structure of cellulose and how it relates to its function as a structural molecule.
Original post by g.k.galloway

Hello and congrats to you!
Where?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! :biggrin: Where?
Hello and congrats to you!
Where?

Original post by ethery
Congrats! :biggrin: Where?

Thanks guys :smile: It's for Leicester :biggrin:

Oh nice. That's nice.
I applied there for psychology so it appears we have the same taste :biggrin:

Ooh, Leicester's down the road from me.

I know a couple of people applied there for medicine, they won't like to hear that interviews are being given out. :tongue:
Original post by ethery
Yup, my school do AQA too and they have essays. I think they're 25 marks. They look horrendous.

And to think I complain at 6 mark questions in physics. :tongue:

Ohh wow, my psychology essays used to only be 24 marks. AQA seem like a joke for that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Already said it on the other thread, but congrats you :biggrin: to think you were so worried :tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yes :tongue:

WJEC have Biology Essays... 10 marks they are.

Eg
Describe and explain the structure of cellulose and how it relates to its function as a structural molecule.

That's hardly an essay though :tongue: but I see where you're coming from. That would be a pretty easy 10 marks to gain though for that question.
Ohh wow, my psychology essays used to only be 24 marks. AQA seem like a joke for that

Already said it on the other thread, but congrats you :biggrin: to think you were so worried :tongue:

That's hardly an essay though :tongue: but I see where you're coming from. That would be a pretty easy 10 marks to gain though for that question.

Well we have to write over a side so it's an essay to me :lol: yeah, I always get full marks except one where I labelled Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic the wrong way round by accident and lost 7 marks on it :ahee:
Well we have to write over a side so it's an essay to me :lol: yeah, I always get full marks except one where I labelled Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic the wrong way round by accident and lost 7 marks on it :ahee:

Haha I dare you to take English literature :tongue:
Hahaha such a poor error! At least you made it now and not in the real thing
Haha I dare you to take English literature :tongue:
Hahaha such a poor error! At least you made it now and not in the real thing

Hmmmm... French is bad enough, added with A2 as well!
Hmmmm... French is bad enough, added with A2 as well!

I would imagine. I can't believe I was thinking about taking it :s-smilie: which A2?
I would imagine. I can't believe I was thinking about taking it :s-smilie: which A2?

Thinking about French? It's awesome! French A2, I'm attempting an early fast track :ahee:

Latest