The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2100
Original post by paperclip345
I live in Dubai but am British so I guess they just wanted some clarification over my fee status. They also emailed me yesterday (a few days after I'd submitted the original questionnaire) asking from me to post them a hard copy of my passport photo page, despite having attached it to me email? So I've fedexed it to them, should arrive by tomorrow afternoon. They said in the email that they wouldn't proceed with the application until they have processed my fee status so I just want it to be over and done with haha!

Hi! I've also had the fee status confusion. Did you apply as UK or overseas? And did your fee status match up with the address you provided them with?
Thanks!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by zettel
Hi! I've also had the fee status confusion. Did you apply as UK or overseas? And did your fee status match up with the address you provided them with?
Thanks!

I applied as UK, even though I am technically overseas. My parents own a house in London and pay bills, council tax etc. as my sister lives there and I lived in London till I was 7. I only provided my UK address, the same one I put on UCAS (I said that this was my permanent address) and they emailed me on friday telling me that I have home fee status! Now I just need to get that offer haha! I'd recommend you attach a letter explaining your situation, that's what I did :smile: Whereabouts do you live? Are you applying as an overseas student?
Any news for Government and Economics ?
Original post by kanuhura
Any news for Government and Economics ?

My 5 week period should end this week - seeing what people have said here however, I am a little sceptical as to if this even means anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by silonthesofa
okay. I just have to say this because it's been bugging me. A. do not hold LSE to their given time slots. 2 weeks doesn't mean exactly 2 weeks. and 5 weeks doesn't mean exactly 5 weeks. as in, 3 weeks and 2 days into my 5 week wait, or, 1 day before my 5 weeks are up, IS MEANINGLESS.

Agreed; it has been six weeks and three days after my 'five week' email and I haven't heard anything. I am applying for Economics.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2105
I am applying for A&F and currently waiting for response from LSE, but over the weekend recipients an offer from Warwick. I just came back from warwick and university was so amazing! All the sports facilities and the feel of a vibrant town! I only been to Bath and LSE before, and assumed Warwick will be similar to Bath - playground for teens in the middle of countryside. But I am blow a way by Warwick SU and facilities and business school is just wow.
So here comes the question, what are your thoughts on comparing Warwick and LSE? I feel confused (I know I don't have an offer from LSE) to what uni is better?
Reply 2106
Original post by anyap
I am applying for A&F and currently waiting for response from LSE, but over the weekend recipients an offer from Warwick. I just came back from warwick and university was so amazing! All the sports facilities and the feel of a vibrant town! I only been to Bath and LSE before, and assumed Warwick will be similar to Bath - playground for teens in the middle of countryside. But I am blow a way by Warwick SU and facilities and business school is just wow.
So here comes the question, what are your thoughts on comparing Warwick and LSE? I feel confused (I know I don't have an offer from LSE) to what uni is better?

LSE is much betttr than Warwick in my opinion! I'm doing L101 Economics (and Warwick is apparently supposed to be the best, but I still prefer LSE)

By the way, I have a friend in Year 12 hoping to study A&F at LSE, unfortuneately he isn't doing A-Level Maths, is there a chance he'll be accepted?
Original post by A193
LSE is much betttr than Warwick in my opinion! I'm doing L101 Economics (and Warwick is apparently supposed to be the best, but I still prefer LSE)

By the way, I have a friend in Year 12 hoping to study A&F at LSE, unfortuneately he isn't doing A-Level Maths, is there a chance he'll be accepted?

straight from the lse website:

Mathematics A level or IB HL is desirable but not essential for this course. However if Mathematics is not taken as an A level, applicants must have achieved at least an A grade at GCSE
Original post by paperclip345
I applied as UK, even though I am technically overseas. My parents own a house in London and pay bills, council tax etc. as my sister lives there and I lived in London till I was 7. I only provided my UK address, the same one I put on UCAS (I said that this was my permanent address) and they emailed me on friday telling me that I have home fee status! Now I just need to get that offer haha! I'd recommend you attach a letter explaining your situation, that's what I did :smile: Whereabouts do you live? Are you applying as an overseas student?

I had the same issue. I lived abroad for a while and Warwick said i need to clarify my situation, after i got the offer! Did they take long to sort it out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2109
Has anyone here got actuarial science offer? What are ur predicted grade, achieved grades and when did u send off ur application? four weeks into my five week now.
Reply 2110
My 5 weeks are up as of tomorrow. I imagine I'll hear something on Friday. I hear that LSE hands out offers and rejects on fridays.
Reply 2111
Original post by CD315
You would need to have a very, very, very exceptional personal statement. I applied to maths with economics last year with 5A* 4A 1B at GCSE, AAAA at AS (with 99% across maths/further maths which I put on UCAS) and A*A*A*A* predictions. I got rejected.

Damn, thats harsh, what are you doing currently?? i think Maths with Econ is a good mix thats why i am considering it, but i still havent decided, still 'cleaning up' my personal statement, and weighing out options.
Reply 2112
Original post by arminb
Yea your chances are slim. Because you are also applying for a VERY competitive course. But maybe if you are international and have a phenomenal PS and reference, they might take you. Did you get the 5-week email?

Ive still yet to send my UCAS application off, and i'm not an international student.:L
Reply 2113
Original post by Nik13
Well I have an interview for Cambridge and have offers from Edinburgh and a few other places haha... You?
<br>
<br>I already attended my Cambridge interview. Haven't heard back from the other 3 choices as I have yet to sit for my LNAT exam. Sigh.
Reply 2114
Original post by applesdonothelp
Just got rejected on the last day of my five weeks, got the most aggravating email saying i didnt show interest in the course on my personal statement :frown: Heartbroken :frown: Good luck to everybody still waiting!

Don't worry! There's still other universities out there! What course did you apply for? And how was the rejection worded?
Original post by daniyalfaiz
I had the same issue. I lived abroad for a while and Warwick said i need to clarify my situation, after i got the offer! Did they take long to sort it out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whereabouts did you live, are you in the UK now? And congrats on Warwick! What subject did you apply for? Well LSE sent me the questionnaire on 11th November and I sent it back to them about 5 days later. Then the next week they asked me to post them a copy of my passport, and then eventually last friday they told me I had home status. Have they let you know yet?
Reply 2116
Original post by Mkhad
Just got the 'your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle...' email today (6 weeks and 4 days after the 5 week email) and they say it will take up to 4 more weeks... so I'm not expecting anything before Christmas to be perfectly honest

I've applied for Economics and Economic History, how's everyone else's application coming along?

I've also applied for Economics and Economic History. My 5 weeks is up today and I still haven't heard anything back yet. If you don't mind me asking, what were your AS grades and predictions?
Reply 2117
Original post by julesohm
<br>
<br>I already attended my Cambridge interview. Haven't heard back from the other 3 choices as I have yet to sit for my LNAT exam. Sigh.

Can I PM you? :smile: Just have some questions :smile:
Just been through my personal statement and realised I have no less than 7 commas where they're not needed.
Think I'm coming round to the idea of receiving a rejection within the next few weeks!
*Sigh*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Portia1993
Just been through my personal statement and realised I have no less than 7 commas where they're not needed.
Think I'm coming round to the idea of receiving a rejection within the next few weeks!
*Sigh*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol! I'm sure LSE doesn't care about the number of extra commas you've got in your application! :P They'd prefer an immaculate application, of that there's no doubt, but I'm sure they'd look more into the content of your application rather than grammatical errors :P and what matters the most is whether you've been able to convince the admissions officer that you are truly passionate about your course/not. So, cheer up (:

Sent from my iPhone

Quick Reply

Latest