The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

I cringed at it reading it back and spotting all the mistakes! I wouldn't even give me a place!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2121
Original post by Sidhant Shivram
Lol! I'm sure LSE doesn't care about the number of extra commas you've got in your application! :P They'd prefer an immaculate application, of that there's no doubt, but I'm sure they'd look more into the content of your application rather than grammatical errors :P and what matters the most is whether you've been able to convince the admissions officer that you are truly passionate about your course/not. So, cheer up (:

Sent from my iPhone

Dude, if your grammar is not flawless you have no chance of getting an offer. LSE's admissions department consists of 9 people who read thousands of statements annually, trust me, they will spot every mistake right away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CEKTOP
Dude, if your grammar is not flawless you have no chance of getting an offer. LSE's admissions department consists of 9 people who read thousands of statements annually, trust me, they will spot every mistake right away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least I understand where I went wrong. I didn't have a tutor checking mine every 2 seconds like all you sixth form chaps. I'm merely a mature student chasing a dream :')
Ironically though, I have a Cambridge interview :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2123
Original post by Portia1993
I cringed at it reading it back and spotting all the mistakes! I wouldn't even give me a place!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where are you studying? I'm a mature student, too!
Original post by Perks25
Where are you studying? I'm a mature student, too!

NWHC in Nuneaton
How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2125
NWHC in Nuneaton
How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

University of London, Birkbeck. I'm enrolled in their 'legal method' course as I am wanting to study Law. Congrats on Cambridge btw! Feel like a should have applied to Cam. as I just received my rejection form Oxford despite being predicted a 'distinction'. *sigh*.
Original post by Perks25
University of London, Birkbeck. I'm enrolled in their 'legal method' course as I am wanting to study Law. Congrats on Cambridge btw! Feel like a should have applied to Cam. as I just received my rejection form Oxford despite being predicted a 'distinction'. *sigh*.

Oh wow, that's brill!
So sorry you were rejected, especially as your predicted grade is so good!
I only applied on a whim and decided against Oxford because I couldn't find my course on their 'entry requirements' page so I sort of guessed they weren't very mature student friendly :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2127
Oh wow, that's brill!
So sorry you were rejected, especially as your predicted grade is so good!
I only applied on a whim and decided against Oxford because I couldn't find my course on their 'entry requirements' page so I sort of guessed they weren't very mature student friendly :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you interested in studying? They do have a mature student only college, Harris Manchester, but they are slightly limited in what they are able to offer. Hope it all goes well for you!
Original post by Perks25
What are you interested in studying? They do have a mature student only college, Harris Manchester, but they are slightly limited in what they are able to offer. Hope it all goes well for you!

I really want to go into politics so the courses I have applied to are very varied
From HSPS at Cambridge to Politics of the International Economy at King's - I just know I want to be a politician so hopefully I've put that view forward in my PS well enough :3
You too! Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2129
I really want to go into politics so the courses I have applied to are very varied
From HSPS at Cambridge to Politics of the International Economy at King's - I just know I want to be a politician so hopefully I've put that view forward in my PS well enough :3
You too! Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, I have applied for Law at UCL, King's, LSE, Durham, and Oxford. But now after being rejected before interview at Oxford, I'm feeling slightly anxious that I may have aimed too high. I just don't want to find myself in 'clearing' after all the hard work I've put into this. Anyhow, good luck with it all!
Reply 2130
Hi everyone! This is my first post. I've been stalking this thread for a while and I really like the supportive atmosphere here! I received an LSE offer last week and I'm really excited. I applied to Oxford, LSE, Durham, King's and Warwick. And LSE is the only uni that has got back to me!

I wish all of you the best of luck!!!:tongue:
Reply 2131
Original post by lolzzzic
Hi everyone! This is my first post. I've been stalking this thread for a while and I really like the supportive atmosphere here! I received an LSE offer last week and I'm really excited. I applied to Oxford, LSE, Durham, King's and Warwick. And LSE is the only uni that has got back to me!

I wish all of you the best of luck!!!:tongue:

that's so awesome. congrats! what did you apply for?
Reply 2132
Original post by Perks25
that's so awesome. congrats! what did you apply for?

Thanks :smile: I applied for law. I probably will go to LSE since I have a strong feeling that I've bombed LNAT. and Oxford has started to give out interview invitations...
At least I understand where I went wrong. I didn't have a tutor checking mine every 2 seconds like all you sixth form chaps. I'm merely a mature student chasing a dream :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Voila CEKTOP! 😝 Here's something you should read (: 😊😊

Sent from my iPhone
Reply 2134

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, that means you don't really have any grammatical mistakes, good luck with the interview!
Reply 2135
Original post by lolzzzic
Thanks :smile: I applied for law. I probably will go to LSE since I have a strong feeling that I've bombed LNAT. and Oxford has started to give out interview invitations...

Oh congrats! I also applied for Law, and am currently on week 4 of my 5 week wait. I also felt like the LNAT was god awful, and I'm pretty sure I didn't do very well, but you never know! Do you mind me asking how long it took you before you received your offer? Congrats again!
Original post by CEKTOP
Well, that means you don't really have any grammatical mistakes, good luck with the interview!

7 commas! They were all before the word and (I really don't know why and I cringed when I looked at it again)
& Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2137
Original post by Perks25
Oh congrats! I also applied for Law, and am currently on week 4 of my 5 week wait. I also felt like the LNAT was god awful, and I'm pretty sure I didn't do very well, but you never know! Do you mind me asking how long it took you before you received your offer? Congrats again!

I first received a two weeks email and after a week I received the five weeks email. Today should be the end of the five weeks but I received an offer just last week. I nearly had an heart attack as I was anticipating a rejection!

But don't worry too much! I'm sure LSE will get back to you as soon as possible! (I do understand that the wait is excruciating:frown:)
Reply 2138
7 commas! They were all before the word and (I really don't know why and I cringed when I looked at it again)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Putting a comma before "and" looks to me like a matter of personal preference. You can find such commas in a wide range of writings.
Reply 2139

Posted from TSR Mobile

Such commas look like a matter of personal preference to me, as I've seen them many times in sources written by esteemed scholars.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending