The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Accomodation

So leeds is my first choice im happy with the uni but ive reconsidered the accommodation, the two that i have chosen/like/afford are:
Oxley
Concept palace
Now the problem is that Oxley is quite far from campus so that means that i could get late as i tend to wake up late, however it is the cheapest so it was my first choice/
Concept place is close to the campus about 5 minutes by bike, its a modern place but it is quite expensive ranging from £105-£116. I would like an ensuite room other then that a normal sized bed, so im not sure how much that would cost as the specific price isnt given. Which one would you guys recommend based on experience/ intuition i dont really drink so bar nights and stuff wouldn't be a thing for me.
Reply 1
Original post by YourDeath
So leeds is my first choice im happy with the uni but ive reconsidered the accommodation, the two that i have chosen/like/afford are:
Oxley
Concept palace
Now the problem is that Oxley is quite far from campus so that means that i could get late as i tend to wake up late, however it is the cheapest so it was my first choice/
Concept place is close to the campus about 5 minutes by bike, its a modern place but it is quite expensive ranging from £105-£116. I would like an ensuite room other then that a normal sized bed, so im not sure how much that would cost as the specific price isnt given. Which one would you guys recommend based on experience/ intuition i dont really drink so bar nights and stuff wouldn't be a thing for me.

I don't have the intention of undermining you or whatnot, but what exactly are you seeking by posting this? Are you wanting help in deciding where to stay? Or opinions on the accommodation, etc?

Kind Regards,

Circles.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by Circles
I don't have the intention of undermining you or whatnot, but what exactly are you seeking by posting this? Are you wanting help in deciding where to stay? Or opinions on the accommodation, etc?

Kind Regards,

Circles.

Both opinions and help.
Reply 3
I live at Concept Place and I really like it here so far. If you book with UNITE directly it's cheaper without the sports membership and you can choose the room and price you'd like. The room is clean and of decent size (I have the smallest one), 3/4 beds, constant access to hot water, pretty good internet, heating is adequate, the kitchen also has a lounge area to chill with your flatmates and the receptionists are very friendly. The uni is 10-15 minutes away but it is up a hill.

I personally think Concept Place is pretty cheap compared to other halls. Saw a friend at Sentinel Towers; her room was dark and the toilets are horrible with black mould and grease on the tiles! She pays more for her room as well, which I find ridiculous. The only downside is that the walls are literally made of paper so you can hear conversations in neighbouring rooms and it's not as sociable as other halls. Other than that, it's pretty nice here :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by KaminKuru
I live at Concept Place and I really like it here so far. If you book with UNITE directly it's cheaper without the sports membership and you can choose the room and price you'd like. The room is clean and of decent size (I have the smallest one), 3/4 beds, constant access to hot water, pretty good internet, heating is adequate, the kitchen also has a lounge area to chill with your flatmates and the receptionists are very friendly. The uni is 10-15 minutes away but it is up a hill.

I personally think Concept Place is pretty cheap compared to other halls. Saw a friend at Sentinel Towers; her room was dark and the toilets are horrible with black mould and grease on the tiles! She pays more for her room as well, which I find ridiculous. The only downside is that the walls are literally made of paper so you can hear conversations in neighbouring rooms and it's not as sociable as other halls. Other than that, it's pretty nice here :biggrin:

Seems good. Ive seen on the unite website that i can get a room for £104 a week. How did you apply through the university or UNITE?
Reply 5
Seems good. Ive seen on the unite website that i can get a room for £104 a week. How did you apply through the university or UNITE?

I applied through UNITE since the uni gave me accommodation that I didn't like. It's slightly cheaper but you won't get the university sports membership. I guess if you don't use it then it shouldn't really bother you.
Reply 6
I applied through UNITE since the uni gave me accommodation that I didn't like. It's slightly cheaper but you won't get the university sports membership. I guess if you don't use it then it shouldn't really bother you.

I will most likely apply through the university, but thanks for your help. Oxley is now out of the question.
Reply 7
I will most likely apply through the university, but thanks for your help. Oxley is now out of the question.

The problem with applying through university is that they might give you the premium rooms instead, which are more expensive. But if you are happy with that then that's fine. You should really come see a show room just to make sure you'll like it; Oxley is actually really nice but unless you want to walk about 2 miles to uni every day and back again then you'll need to get a yearly bus pass.
Reply 8
The problem with applying through university is that they might give you the premium rooms instead, which are more expensive. But if you are happy with that then that's fine. You should really come see a show room just to make sure you'll like it; Oxley is actually really nice but unless you want to walk about 2 miles to uni every day and back again then you'll need to get a yearly bus pass.

the problem is that i live 5-6 hours away from leeds so coming to see a show room isnt easy. I have a bike so travelling from oxley to the uni shouldnt be a problem.

Quick Reply

Latest