The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak
hahahahaha biology is an essay subject? I should have guessed :mmm:

5 essays actually.

Went to a chemistry lecture and he was so good, mocked biology and said physicists shouldn't try to present chem :smug:
I am horribly bewildered, my school has vertical tutoring and we had to watch some videos in form about bullying. It came to the topic of homophobia, the stuff some of the kids were saying, ranging from year 7s to 11s, I can't believe in this day and age we have such a problem. I think more work needs to be done in primary school, to teach these people how to be decent human beings.
Original post by JackTeh96
I got a gold, but one mark off from Kangaroo challenge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh nice, congrats.
We finally confirmed that my Chemistry teacher's sexism is in jest :mmm: We'd always suspected, but there was obvious uncertainty :tongue:

My friend called him out on it. The entire lesson was him making fun of her. I found out my class probably doesn't know what feminism is when I weighed in, pointed out that I was a feminist, and they laughed. Admittedly I delivered it in a way that I thought might get some laughs :lol:
Reply 7084
Original post by marinajelly
Wow... you do all essay subjects then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha, yup....
screw chemistry i have green hair
Original post by twisted
screw chemistry i have green hair

Mine's electric blue at the mo :biggrin:

Although it was supposed to have washed out about three weeks ago. **** you and your 'temporary' dye, Schwarzkopf.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser

Although it was supposed to have washed out about three weeks ago. **** you and your 'temporary' dye, Schwarzkopf.

Haha an old friend of mine always went for blues and pinks!

I don't actually have green hair aha, i was quoting this

[video="youtube;mjyeUC_m3gc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjyeUC_m3gc[/video]

however I do have the urge to dye my hair ginger or white hmm
Trying to convince my maths teacher to allow my friend and I whom take Physics to study M1 rather than S1. Anyone managed to pull this off?
Original post by twisted
Trying to convince my maths teacher to allow my friend and I whom take Physics to study M1 rather than S1. Anyone managed to pull this off?

M1 is a bit harder than Physics AS Mechanics but definitely possible :biggrin:
You guys are lucky! I dyed my hair blue and purple and my school told me if i didn't change it, i'd be kicked out of sixth form even though there was no rules anywhere about it. ):
Original post by twisted
I don't actually have green hair aha, i was quoting this

[video="youtube;mjyeUC_m3gc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjyeUC_m3gc[/video]

however I do have the urge to dye my hair ginger or white hmm

Aww, I haven't seen YGO TAS in ages :tongue: The last time I watched it, I was showing it to a friend. We then started watching 'Leather Pants' and my head of year walked in on us singing/shrieking along to the 'cock' part :yep: .
Original post by chocolateshake
You guys are lucky! I dyed my hair blue and purple and my school told me if i didn't change it, i'd be kicked out of sixth form even though there was no rules anywhere about it. ):

I was told that if I wanted to do it I needed permission from my headteacher but I didn't and nobody did anything about it. Talk about living the #YOLO lifestyle.
I was told that if I wanted to do it I needed permission from my headteacher but I didn't and nobody did anything about it. Talk about living the #YOLO lifestyle.

Ahaha, definitely living life on the edge there! :cool:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
M1 is a bit harder than Physics AS Mechanics but definitely possible :biggrin:

have you done so?
Original post by twisted
have you done so?

I sat M1 in Jan of Year 11 when I hadn't any Physics AS and I was self taught too! Got an A so it's possible and yes I've done it
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I sat M1 in Jan of Year 11 when I hadn't any Physics AS and I was self taught too! Got an A so it's possible and yes I've done it

what resources did you use to self teach M1?
Original post by twisted
what resources did you use to self teach M1?

examsolutions.net
Anyone else doing the Peterhouse Essay Competition?

Latest