The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
I've got 742.5 in my UKCAT and only 5A*S 5As at GCSE, so pretty mediocre I guess, but I've somehow landed myself with an interview, so if I can get one, chances are a lot of you guys have nothing to worry about!!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 901
Original post by maryamnc
You can have my interview haha! I'm so scared I don't want to gooo :frown:

Hey, congrats on the interview, can I ask how you're preparing for it, I have no idea, this will be my first interview haha :s-smilie:
Reply 902
Original post by Mehroze1
Hey, congrats on the interview, can I ask how you're preparing for it, I have no idea, this will be my first interview haha :s-smilie:

Hey whens yours? mine's on the 5th and i"m so scared :frown: just done some research on kings and some generic interview reading of ethical questions and preparing answers to 'why medicine' 'why not a nurse' questions... what about you?:smile:
Reply 903
Original post by Nakedferret1108
Thanks man, that makes me feel a bit better. Do you think it's just random selection then? There seems to be no real order to the offers e.g., some people still have no interview invitations with 800+ UKCAT or 10A*+ GCSEs etc.

There maybe an order but it might be set in a weird way. For all you know you've been shortlisted and they're just working out what timing they should give you keeping in mind that there should be a few other dates open just in case you aren't available for the initial date given.

Also they might have some sort of quota for students who rank lower yet meet the criteria and by giving out the interviews to the, first might help sort this out.
Reply 904
Hey whens yours? mine's on the 5th and i"m so scared :frown: just done some research on kings and some generic interview reading of ethical questions and preparing answers to 'why medicine' 'why not a nurse' questions... what about you?:smile:

On the 12th, I have no idea what to expect, and yeah that sounds about similar to what I'm doing aswell, might do a mock interview or something! I wonder what this essay question will be like??!! Is kings your first choice?
Reply 905
Essay question?! First time hearing about that
Reply 906
Original post by AnJuM218
Essay question?! First time hearing about that

What will happen on the day

You should report for your interview at least 40 minutes before it starts. When you arrive you will be registered and given two preliminary tasks

Task 1: You will be handed a brief ethical case study to read and consider, you will be asked about this as part of the interview and selection process

Task 2: You will be given an essay question to answer, this essay will not be marked on the day but may be taken into consideration later to differentiate candidates who score very similarly in the interview. The essay question will be about the values and attributes of doctors, you will not need any advanced knowledge or preparation.

You will have 15 minutes to complete each of these tasks. As it is important that interviews run to time, late arrival may reduce the time available for completion of the preliminary tasks. Your interview will be with members of clinical and academic staff and will last around 15-20 minutes.
Hi guys...Congrats to those who have got interviews. I haven't heard anything yet unfortunatly. :'(
I out wanted to know how you guys got informed about the interviews. Did it show on track or did u get an email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 908
Original post by Mehroze1
What will happen on the day

You should report for your interview at least 40 minutes before it starts. When you arrive you will be registered and given two preliminary tasks

Task 1: You will be handed a brief ethical case study to read and consider, you will be asked about this as part of the interview and selection process

Task 2: You will be given an essay question to answer, this essay will not be marked on the day but may be taken into consideration later to differentiate candidates who score very similarly in the interview. The essay question will be about the values and attributes of doctors, you will not need any advanced knowledge or preparation.

You will have 15 minutes to complete each of these tasks. As it is important that interviews run to time, late arrival may reduce the time available for completion of the preliminary tasks. Your interview will be with members of clinical and academic staff and will last around 15-20 minutes.

Thanks for the info! At least I can expect this tomorrow. Good thing I memorised the principles of being a doctor and the guidelines set by the GMC.
Reply 909
Original post by Priya_Biju
Hi guys...Congrats to those who have got interviews. I haven't heard anything yet unfortunatly. :'(
I out wanted to know how you guys got informed about the interviews. Did it show on track or did u get an email.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kcl myapplication
You can have my interview haha! I'm so scared I don't want to gooo :frown:

Haha don't be nervous! You have 1 in 2 chance of getting an offer, according to last year's stats, so you're in a great position. As long as you show confidence and speak well, then they'll select you.
Reply 911
Original post by AnJuM218
Thanks for the info! At least I can expect this tomorrow. Good thing I memorised the principles of being a doctor and the guidelines set by the GMC.

Yeah no worries man, and best of luck for tomorrow!! Let us know how it goes and feel free to give us any tips after haha:wink:!!
Original post by Priya_Biju

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are your stats?
Reply 913
Some people here talking about lower UKCAT people being first make me sick. Is that the kind of logic you use to explain why you don't have an interview? There are people who have worked incredibly hard to get an interview and there is no need to undermine their academic ability to make yourself feel better.
Reply 914
I agree!!

Original post by BWFC4life
Some people here talking about lower UKCAT people being first make me sick. Is that the kind of logic you use to explain why you don't have an interview? There are people who have worked incredibly hard to get an interview and there is no need to undermine their academic ability to make yourself feel better.

I agree that it's a fine line, but still, no one is saying a score of say 750 is anything less than amazing. People are just wondering what determines an earlier call for interview, that's all. :smile:
Reply 916
This might reassure people? I have 11A*'s and an A at GCSE and achieved A*AA with 727.5 UKCAT as well as a good PS - I'm a reapplicant so I've had a year to nail it. I have no interview and am not worried!! I was interviewed last year with 710!! Chill guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 917

I don't think that's the intention bud, people are just trying to work out how things are being worked out, so it's all speculation really. Everyone's worked really hard, and no one really knows how kings are doing it, so I doubt any offence was intended. Congrats to those with interviews though, and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 918
Original post by BAZ1NGA
I don't think that's the intention bud, people are just trying to work out how things are being worked out, so it's all speculation really. Everyone's worked really hard, and no one really knows how kings are doing it, so I doubt any offence was intended. Congrats to those with interviews though, and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

On a more random note awesome user name .. Baz1nga thats the sheldon reference from big bang theory rite .. If so rite on ! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 919
Original post by GCSE-help
Haha don't be nervous! You have 1 in 2 chance of getting an offer, according to last year's stats, so you're in a great position. As long as you show confidence and speak well, then they'll select you.

Thankyou! But just finding out you have an interview a week and a half before it is really stressing me to the max!

Quick Reply

Latest