The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Assassin
****ing hell City are amazing. If they improve their away form they'll be unstoppable. Wonder how we'll do when we'll play them there.

You said 4-1-3-2 doesn't work but it worked for City.
They had good pace though.
Mourinho during Interview: 'I sent my wife a picture of my haircut before I got home so I knew she would let me in. She liked it!' :biggrin:
I'm afraid I don't like Jose as a skinhead. Doesn't go with his incredibly classy dress sense and demeanour.

Here's hoping Torres starts tomorrow.
Reply 7903
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
I'm afraid I don't like Jose as a skinhead. Doesn't go with his incredibly classy dress sense and demeanour.

Here's hoping Torres starts tomorrow.

I think Torres and Mata will get a chance and maybe even KDB coz the others have only had 2 days to recover

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skkc16
I think Torres and Mata will get a chance and maybe even KDB coz the others have only had 2 days to recover

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aye, not a very long recovery period at all so I can see a lot of rotation.

Would love Kevin to get a full 90 minutes, or even start and play a good hour.
Reply 7905
Original post by Skkc16

Posted from TSR Mobile
Torres has travelled so hopefully he'll make an appearance even if it's not for long, not sure he's completely fit yet after his injury. Luiz is out with a knee injury and hasn't travelled.

Really hope we see KDB too, although I suspect Mourinho might be looking to secure a win so we top the group.
Also I forgot to say from the other day...

I ****ing love Michael Essien. Guy's a legend.
We'll probably play Willian, Mata, Schurrle/ De Bruyne. Dunno why De Bruyne isn't getting games. He's one of Belgium's best players and he plays better than Hazard in the Belgian shirt when I've seen him play
Reply 7908
Original post by 9MmBulletz
We'll probably play Willian, Mata, Schurrle/ De Bruyne. Dunno why De Bruyne isn't getting games. He's one of Belgium's best players and he plays better than Hazard in the Belgian shirt when I've seen him play

Sounds like Mourinho knows KDB was exceptional in the group stages too.

Just has his favourites, I guess. KDB is almost definitely leaving.
Reply 7909
Reply 7910
Original post by Yawn-er
Sounds like Mourinho knows KDB was exceptional in the group stages too.

Just has his favourites, I guess. KDB is almost definitely leaving.
Bar the Hull game his performances for us haven't been great, and from the comments Mourinho has made about him I don't think he's particularly impressing in training either. It would be difficult to justify dropping a relatively in-form player to make room for him given the options we have. I think Mourinho definitely rates him though as otherwise he would have been moved on in the summer (and not started the first game of the season at that), just unfortunate we ending up buying Willian really. I know he didn't want to go back on loan in the summer, but might be a good idea to loan him out in January.
Reply 7911
Chelsea team to face Basel tonight: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Mikel, Lampard; Ramires, Oscar, Willian; Eto'o. #CFC

Subs: Schwarzer, Cole, Mata, Hazard, De Bruyne, Schurrle, Torres. #CFC

WOW. Basically 1 change has been made aha.
(edited 10 years ago)
No Mata again. Not sure if the guy has a future at this club so I hope we get a really good fee for him. Shame :frown:
Reply 7913
Original post by The Assassin
No Mata again. Not sure if the guy has a future at this club so I hope we get a really good fee for him. Shame :frown:

Yeah I think we can start saying our goodbyes now. Will cherish every appearance he makes from now :tongue:
Reply 7914
Even though my self-imposed ban will be finished in 4 days. It's ****ing boring talking about football to people who don't know as much about it/not as interested as I am about it. I'll just ask the mods to permaban my previous account when it's back, put way too much info on that anyway.

Anyway no mata, interesting. Hopefully he plays on the weekend. I feel that mourinho realised how well the 4-3-3 worked for us and also realised since we're playing away to basel, a pacey threat would be needed on at least one of the wings, which is why he decided to play willian. While mata would essentially be playing in oscars role against west ham if he were to play tonight, where he'll be pressing the fullback/DM's to prevent them from playing out of the back and oscar is better than him in that role, this game could determine if we get AC milan or barcelona in the second round.
would be interesting to see who bids for him in january (though he wont be sold (if at all) until summer..)

Tottenham really need him..
United may use him as a panic buy..

But unless he starts getting more game time, can see him in france or spain next summer..
Reply 7916
Original post by fallen_acorns
would be interesting to see who bids for him in january (though he wont be sold (if at all) until summer..)

Tottenham really need him..
United may use him as a panic buy..

But unless he starts getting more game time, can see him in france or spain next summer..

Not going to happen.
Remember robben last year under heynckes, he was dropped and heynckes played muller and kroos.
If we're going to sell him, we're talking at least 40m. Doubt he would trade off CL football to play for spurs, neither would he play for united, or would we sell him to united considering what they did with rooney.

Considering all the options, he has monaco(tax problems already, could be selling falcao in summer), PSG(CL tied, they have their league sewn up this year) real(no CL, sold ozil for fair play), bayern don't come in the conversation, neither do barca(madridista and he wouldn't make the first team anyway)

He's staying at chelsea and will fight for his place.
jam277 has been freed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Not going to happen.
Remember robben last year under heynckes, he was dropped and heynckes played muller and kroos.
If we're going to sell him, we're talking at least 40m. Doubt he would trade off CL football to play for spurs, neither would he play for united, or would we sell him to united considering what they did with rooney.

Considering all the options, he has monaco(tax problems already, could be selling falcao in summer), PSG(CL tied, they have their league sewn up this year) real(no CL, sold ozil for fair play), bayern don't come in the conversation, neither do barca(madridista and he wouldn't make the first team anyway)

He's staying at chelsea and will fight for his place.

Crazy things can happen on a WC year, with players desperate for playing time..

Definetly not spurs, was just pointing out that he is exactly what the need.. but not what they can get, or afford anymore..

Weren't PSG heavily linked with him towards the end of the summer window? - A big bid from them in january.. (could easily go 40m+ from them) and it could ask some serrious questions..

Though He would be CL tied, so realistically, cant see him leaving until the summer..

Im sure he will, and is fighting for his place - but these days players will only do that so much.. if he isnt a starter by the summer, I would be confident in him leaving :smile:
PSG can have him if they give us Silva + Ibra along with 20m or alternatively Marquinhos + Ibra and 30m :biggrin:

Latest