The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Leicester said in their admissions stuff that they 'may' be using UKCAT SJT scores as a 'virtual MMI station'...any news on this?
Reply 3281
Original post by raveen789
Hey Dr,U are you a HMLA? :smile:

Hey :smile:

Horrible Medical Laboratory Assistant?

I am indeed! Why so? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gosh, the competition I can safely say is by far the worst this year. If I applied just last year with my UKCAT score, I would have safely got interviews at Manchester, Plymouth and Exeter but the averages have hit sky high this year.

All I've got is UEA now. Not raising my hopes up anyway, I don't even know their criteria or requirements...:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3283
Any resit applicants with interviews this year?
Reply 3284
Original post by AhmedDavid
Any resit applicants with interviews this year?

Yh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Hey :smile:

Horrible Medical Laboratory Assistant?

I am indeed! Why so? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im sure your not horrible :P im thinking of applying because I really want a job and there is 5 posts at my local hospital in pathology. But it says they want some form of administration previous experience and it's essential :frown:
Reply 3286
Im sure your not horrible :P im thinking of applying because I really want a job and there is 5 posts at my local hospital in pathology. But it says they want some form of administration previous experience and it's essential :frown:

Admin experience? I didn't need any of that but you could mention any paperwork or phone calling, emailing etc you did at any of your experiences .maybe even consider mentioning your a levels and using the different Microsoft office equipment.

What did the job description say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/cgi-bin/vacdetails.cgi?selection=913243692 It's here :tongue:

Original post by Dr.Ugs
Admin experience? I didn't need any of that but you could mention any paperwork or phone calling, emailing etc you did at any of your experiences .maybe even consider mentioning your a levels and using the different Microsoft office equipment.

What did the job description say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3288

That's strange. Well maybe you will be working at reception and that's why they want all this experience. Still go for it even if your under-experienced :tongue: when they see your grades they will be impressed. You only have admin experience if you can bend your work experiences and A levels towards it. It's possible, just make sure you talk about you communication skills.

I'm an MLA btw not a higher MLA :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr.Ugs
That's strange. Well maybe you will be working at reception and that's why they want all this experience. Still go for it even if your under-experienced :tongue: when they see your grades they will be impressed. You only have admin experience if you can bend your work experiences and A levels towards it. It's possible, just make sure you talk about you communication skills.

I'm an MLA btw not a higher MLA :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh dam I saw the salary and though this must be an entry level job so I can apply! Can I still apply? :tongue:
Reply 3290
Oh dam I saw the salary and though this must be an entry level job so I can apply! Can I still apply? :tongue:

Yes go for it! My job said I needed a driving license and my own car and have previous experience working in a lab an be fully COSSH trained....I had none of these and still got the job so definitely apply!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Yes go for it! My job said I needed a driving license and my own car and have previous experience working in a lab an be fully COSSH trained....I had none of these and still got the job so definitely apply!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! im going to apply tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 3292
Just got my second interview invite!! Already better than last year, haven't heard from the other two yet though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mcollin1
Just got my second interview invite!! Already better than last year, haven't heard from the other two yet though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations :smile: . Where have you got interviews? And where are you waiting to hear back from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3294
Original post by A.Systole
Congratulations :smile: . Where have you got interviews? And where are you waiting to hear back from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Newcastle tomorrow and Exeter next Thursday! Waiting to hear from Southampton and HYMS, but i exceeded the automatic interview UKCAT score at HYMS so hope to hear soon!

where have you applied?
Thank you! Newcastle tomorrow and Exeter next Thursday! Waiting to hear from Southampton and HYMS, but i exceeded the automatic interview UKCAT score at HYMS so hope to hear soon!

where have you applied?

Well done. Good luck to you :smile: .

Bristol, Keele, HYMS and Southampton.

Have got an interview next Wednesday at HYMS :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3296
Original post by A.Systole

Posted from TSR Mobile

Southampton are taking their time aren't they?!

Bristol is nice, my girlfriend is doing biochem there, and her flat mates a dentist and loves it!

Good luck next Wednesday :smile:
Reply 3297
This application cycle is beyond competitive this year.
inflation of UKCAT scores leading to unis putting up their entry requirements -.-

where have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woooo I just got an interview at QUB! Just when I thought all hope was lost hahaha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending