The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know applicant numbers, interview no. and no. of offers made?
Thanks.
Original post by aye7777
Have December interviews been given out yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know at least some have because I have mine on the 9th but can't speak for the back half of the month
Original post by SimpsP
I know at least some have because I have mine on the 9th but can't speak for the back half of the month

If you don't mind me asking when did you send off your application :smile: ?
Original post by jenildani3
If you don't mind me asking when did you send off your application :smile: ?

I want to say around the 29th of September? Fairly early as our School was really tight on internal deadlines
Original post by SimpsP
I want to say around the 29th of September? Fairly early as our School was really tight on internal deadlines

Ohhhh that's really good ! I don't think my school sent ours off until 13th October :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HayyanN
Please can someone help me. It says in the interview email that you have to bring academic certificates to back up info on ucas form. Does this just mean the certificates from your school showing your results? I only got proper exam board certicficates for my ict distinctions?

Your school will have your certificates for AS you'll just need to ask for them.

Just generally to say that don't be surprised if you have a really short interview as me and a lot of others I spoke to were in their (the interview room) for less than 10 minutes. And good luck!
Reply 426
Original post by F3_JAY
Hey sooo happy, just got invite to interview on the 11th December at 10:40 am!!!

Got one on the 11th too!
Was starting to lose hope so very relieved. Good luck!
Original post by F3_JAY
Hey sooo happy, just got invite to interview on the 11th December at 10:40 am!!!

Me too! Good luck!

I sent off my application on the last day guys, don't worry
Has anyone got any rejections from Liverpool because I still haven't heard from any of my choices except for Kings where I have an interview?
Reply 429
Original post by blueberrysro
Just generally to say that don't be surprised if you have a really short interview as me and a lot of others I spoke to were in their (the interview room) for less than 10 minutes. And good luck!

That sounds great, would much rather that than 64 minutes in total for Leeds! (8 x 8 minute long MMI)
Reply 430
Had my interview at Liverpool this week! Can't wait until March to see if I have got in
Reply 431
Original post by 123CM
Had my interview at Liverpool this week! Can't wait until March to see if I have got in

How was it? Had the panel already read your personal statement or are you supposed to talk about things as if they hadn't? Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 432
Original post by LLF467
How was it? Had the panel already read your personal statement or are you supposed to talk about things as if they hadn't? Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was fine! They are very friendly. Yes they have your personal statement infront of them :smile: thanks, same to you!x
hey Guys,
How come some interviews are as short as 10 minutes, whereas mine was 25 minutes and they asked like 12 questions? isn't that unfair in assessing each candidate the same? xxx
Reply 434
Tips for interviews

- The interviewers themselves are generally very friendly and easy to talk to; the interview will be more like an informal conversation rather than a grilling!
- PBL is being scrapped by the medical school; its on their curriculum review, so they may ask questions on it (the review is available on their website)
- The questions may be based on your PS and work experience, so make sure you know the most important aspects of both.
- Although the dress code says 'smart but casual' you may find everyone wearing fully formal clothing at the interview; do not worry about this as the interviewers are not too concerned about this (from my experience)

Good luck! Any questions just PM me (i'm a 1st year medic at liverpool)
Reply 435
Original post by Amaracoco
hey Guys,
How come some interviews are as short as 10 minutes, whereas mine was 25 minutes and they asked like 12 questions? isn't that unfair in assessing each candidate the same? xxx

I wonder why some interviews are so short and others so long :/
mine was short - should I be worried (??)
Reply 436
Original post by Amaracoco
hey Guys,

They do try stick to a tight schedule but interviews will inevitably vary due to the candidate responses and the interviewers themselves.

Original post by sumiya
I wonder why some interviews are so short and others so long :/
mine was short - should I be worried (??)

I really wouldn't over think this, the length of the interview isn't a reliable indicator of how well it went so don't worry. Mine was just over 9 minutes where as I know loads who had theirs lasting around half an hour.
Reply 437
Hello,
I have an interview on the 11th December, I am so scared but exited. How was your interview? what sort of things did they ask? was it friendly?
Also, what do you enjoy most about the course at Liverpool?

Anything you say will really help me out!!!

Maggie :smile:
Reply 438
Wow. They're interviewing already? I'm an international applicant and I have neither a rejection or invitation to interview. Do you think this means I've been rejected most likely?
Oh meh, I'm so worried I haven't even heard from them yet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending