The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gemmac2382
I also got a interview invitation today through the post

Congrats!!!! :biggrin: When did you apply?

Can I ask which Uni?
Original post by mango93
Well done to everyone getting interviews! Although not gonna lie, you've made me even more stressed about not having submitted yet lol. I actually WENT to see my referee today at uni and she was like 'Oh, don't worry, I'll do it today. Or maybe tomorrow. By the end of this week anyway.'.... I don't think this lady knows what she's doing to my nerves...

I changed my uni referee for this exact reason, I'm so glad I did too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1882
Original post by mango93
Well done to everyone getting interviews! Although not gonna lie, you've made me even more stressed about not having submitted yet lol. I actually WENT to see my referee today at uni and she was like 'Oh, don't worry, I'll do it today. Or maybe tomorrow. By the end of this week anyway.'.... I don't think this lady knows what she's doing to my nerves...

Not just you! I'm trying to fit all of this in around full-time work at the busiest time of our financial year, and I'm almost there...then I just need to badger my referees more... Hang in there and good luck!
Reply 1883
Original post by Roisinkelly94
Is it okay to have booked both skills test on the same day..? Only the closet centre to me is a 4.5hr drive and I want to get them done as soon as!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did them both today :smile: Gets it done and out of the way! Only got my application in yesterday. Just hoping I get some interviews now!!:biggrin:
Original post by JMR26
I did them both today :smile: Gets it done and out of the way! Only got my application in yesterday. Just hoping I get some interviews now!!:biggrin:

Ooh congratulations! How did you find them? Are they similar to the practice ones on the government website? I have my literacy one tomorrow which I'm not really worried about, it's just the mental arithmetic section that is stressing me out a bit!
Original post by madl24903
Congrats!!!! :biggrin: When did you apply?

Can I ask which Uni?

Thank you. :smile:
application sent on Friday and letter for interview received today!!
Reply 1886
Original post by Deja Vu
That sounds like a generic e-mail that perhaps hasn't been updated since last year.

It's the 27th November tomorrow and there are only 30 days in November, so I can't imagine any interviews happening in November at all!

I thought so too but then the next bullet point it said about skills tests etc…
Original post by JMR26

How were they? Were they similar to the online examples? Harder? Easier?
Original post by Gemmac2382
Thank you. :smile:
application sent on Friday and letter for interview received today!!

Which Uni?!
Original post by cutebat

Hi Cutebat I tried to quote you earlier but it didn't work- wondering what subject you applied for at Roehampton?
Hoping I may hear from them soon as my application was sent Saturday :smile: What did they say about Skills Tests??
Original post by magic_box
Just quoted you to get your attention Airfairy - I just wanted to say that there is an RE NQT at my school who did his degree in Sociology so you definitely have a chance with Politics! :smile:

I can't believe people have interviews already! I haven't heard anything at all or got my Welcome Letter yet :frown:

Cutebat - what subject have you applied to Roehampton for? I haven't heard from them (RE PGCE)

Also not going to look at the places allocations spreadsheet - I don't see the point in depressing myself I will just do my very best if I get any interviews!

Aww thanks for letting me know. Things like that really do get my hopes up! :smile:

Do you know what uni they did their PGCE at by any chance? I'll be wishing applied there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1891
References requested, fingers crossed! Feeling even more nervous now there's people already getting invites to interview....arrrgh.
Reply 1892
Original post by bellylaugh
Ooh congratulations! How did you find them? Are they similar to the practice ones on the government website? I have my literacy one tomorrow which I'm not really worried about, it's just the mental arithmetic section that is stressing me out a bit!

If it's any help, I thought that they were easier than the practice ones. The mental arithmetic was definitely easier. If you pass the practice ones, you'll find the real ones fine :smile:
Original post by Airfairy
Aww thanks for letting me know. Things like that really do get my hopes up! :smile:

Do you know what uni they did their PGCE at by any chance? I'll be wishing applied there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, he did his PGCE at Cambridge!
But had previously been rejected from KCL and Roehampton - so perseverance paid off :smile:
Original post by JMR26
If it's any help, I thought that they were easier than the practice ones. The mental arithmetic was definitely easier. If you pass the practice ones, you'll find the real ones fine :smile:

This is good to hear :smile: I've been practicing my maths for ages as I was so bad at it before. Now I tend to be hovering between 61% (fail) and 65% (pass) ... I think maybe another few weeks to practice speeding up and I may be ready :smile:
Yes, he did his PGCE at Cambridge!
But had previously been rejected from KCL and Roehampton - so perseverance paid off :smile:

Oooo! My Brother is applying to Cambridge! :biggrin: Do you remember when he got his interview date after applying?
Reply 1896
This is good to hear :smile: I've been practicing my maths for ages as I was so bad at it before. Now I tend to be hovering between 61% (fail) and 65% (pass) ... I think maybe another few weeks to practice speeding up and I may be ready :smile:

Keep at it and you'll do it! Best of luck for your skills tests!:biggrin:
Original post by madl24903
Oooo! My Brother is applying to Cambridge! :biggrin: Do you remember when he got his interview date after applying?

I don't know I'm afraid - I will ask when I next see him :smile:
Hey. I'm waiting on one final reference before I can pay and send my application off. However, I haven't booked my skills test, which means I don't have a date on my application when they are booked. Is this a problem? Or, if I have them done before (possible) interview should be fine?

Andy
Reply 1899
Original post by cutebat

Perhaps they wrote it when the application date was set for 1st November and haven't updated it since then.

Latest

Trending

Trending