The Student Room Group

What is the ugliest University in the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kpwxx
Nope, I love them too. My other half does as well... he really likes that kind of 60s architecture with loads of massive blocks sticking out and stuff though. This kind of thing:

Spoiler

I love the way UEA looks, but maybe it's just because I love the atmosphere and place so much that it has good associations for me.

UEA-zig.jpg

Woo! :biggrin:

Yeah I do like that kind of architecture. I went to the open day but ended up not applying there, the chem department wasn't great...

But I do love this building :biggrin:

Spoiler

Edinburgh King's Buildings
On a side note though, UEA does make up for it by the good student life and teaching.

UEA was my firm choice before my gap year! It still has a small place in my heart xD

Original post by techno-thriller
Oh wow, why does that look like a construction site?

:rofl:
Original post by andyt8765
Am I the only person who actually likes those buildings at UEA? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I LOVE it..I just don't like all the steps. Esp when drunk or my foot's injured (like today)
While I can't speak for most universities I'm not fond of Brunel. It's grey concrete with patches of lifelessness in-between.
Original post by jelly1000
I can't say I like them but I don't object to them either as they are fine on the inside.

Yeah same here..but ALL the steps :frown:
Original post by und3niable_
Yeah same here..but ALL the steps :frown:

Oh yeah Ziggurat steps are quite lethal and the other halls don't have lifts. Keeps you fit lol and lifts are always breaking down.
Oh yeah Ziggurat steps are quite lethal and the other halls don't have lifts. Keeps you fit lol and lifts are always breaking down.

The steps on the square are way too steep as well!
Original post by und3niable_
The steps on the square are way too steep as well!

I've not found them too bad (and this is coming from someone with no balance!)
Original post by James A
On a side note though, UEA does make up for it by the good student life and teaching.

UEA was my firm choice before my gap year! It still has a small place in my heart xD

:rofl:

What made you decide not to go there then when you reapplied?
No offence to city university students but that Uni was pretty ugly, it looks like a council estate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What made you decide not to go there then when you reapplied?

Because they would have made an offer of AAA, which would have been out of my reach.

Reading offered AAB so I knew that I would chose them.
Original post by James A
Because they would have made an offer of AAA, which would have been out of my reach.

Reading offered AAB so I knew that I would chose them.

Ah I see, thats a shame.
Warwick
Neither Essex or UEA are particularly beautiful.
Original post by Pedd
I think this is what they're talking about....

024596_38343126.jpg

I for one can't see the issue! :colone:

That is really hideous.
Reply 36
Roehampton is pretty ugly
Reply 37
Of the unis I visited, Bath uni was the ugliest by far. Bleh :tongue:
Reply 38
OMG Essex is pretty bad. When I was on the website to apply they showed their campus at a good angle to make it look modern. I take the modern part back now lol. I'm applying as their History modules make up for it nevertheless :tongue:
Reply 39
Original post by ElChapo
Roehampton is pretty ugly

I second that :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest