The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7960
Mourinho said maybe the players were tired and that after a good performance on West Ham he was tempted to stick with his players who had done so well. That's not good enough, a manager of his calibre shouldn't be this naive especially when you have older players like Lampard and Eto'o, 2 days' rest was clearly not enough and he should put faith in his other players and trust them to play other games others than the Capital One Cup.
Reply 7961
Why you guys answering properly, clearly a troll. Shame as he's not even the good kind who gets people riled up in arguments.

Kidomo, go smoke a j or something, still ain't qualified.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
:yawn:

you can yawn all you like, but it doesn't change the fact your team was terrible from the onset.

not a single on target shot registered against basel ROFL! :rofl:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by The Assassin
And did we really not have any shots on target?!

our 2nd team beat your first team lul

Arsenal fans :redface:

Bendtner :lol:

Nice picture of Torres there!
I'm gonna be a bit controversial here...ok...here it goes..

Benitez > Jose Mourinho
Reply 7966
Original post by little_wizard123

Nice picture of Torres there!
:rofl:

How could they not have a picture of him in blue, he's been here for almost 3 years.
Original post by kidomo
I'm gonna be a bit controversial here...ok...here it goes..

Benitez > Jose Mourinho

That's controversial...get out.
Original post by EmperorMustard
Bendtner :lol:

Nicky B is quality mate.

And then Giroud later on :biggrin:
Reply 7969
Oh, and yeah, good assessment from nickinis part, lampard struggled against the pace and high tempo game of basel. Still I did want us to stay in the 4-3-3 the whole match, we could afford to experiment in a game like this due to the dynamics of the group. I'd also have thought it would be a waste of time doing so against bucharest, we'd probably win comfortably regardless seeing as they're the weakest of the group and didn't trouble us with pace the way in which basel did over the two games.

Our Central midfield is lacking, mourinho thought it was a good idea having an extra DM for cover as the pairing weren't good enough defensively, if it temporarily solves our problem with the lack of a good DM/CM then we should try it in low pressure ties against semi good opposition.
Original post by EmperorMustard
x
x

I don't have time for this, you most likely don't have time for this, lets be friends. Enough nonsense on the thread as it is. There's the match in a couple weeks time if we want to have a squabble over the other teams players. There'll be enough trolling with the controversy, styles of play and the result of the match.
(edited 10 years ago)
Nicky B is quality mate.

And then Giroud later on :biggrin:

Shhhh...details
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
That's controversial...get out.

u mad?

still bitter that Basel beat you TWICE? ! :rofl: The irony,of course, is it wasn't too long ago when you guys ripped Man united fans apart for losing to basel hahahaha

Karma.
(edited 10 years ago)
We won't win the league - fact
We've got one of the worst balance of team who this season are unable to create even a shot on target let alone chances.
It's not just this game, against every good side we've not created more than 2-3 chances. Can't break down a team for ****.
The idiot will keep playing Oscar when Mata made the team tick for 2 full seasons. Until Mata plays we will score very few goals each game, all of our goals recently have been lucky. No creativity whatsoever. Oh, about time we pay big for a striker cos we need 1.
And did we really not have any shots on target?!

our 2nd team beat your first team lul

Arsenal fans :redface:

Fabianski, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Monreal, Bendtner, Rosicky

FC Basel's beat your first team x2
Newcastle's first team beat your first team
Everton's beat your's
West Brom's would have beat yours bar a ridiculous ref

Time to spend another £700m, or sack the manager, or find a richer owner.

Love the way CFC fans take such pride in their squad size. RA opened the cheque book and bought some big names, what an accomplishment !!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by cleveradam
We've got one of the worst balance of team who this season are unable to create even a shot on target let alone chances.
It's not just this game, against every good side we've not created more than 2-3 chances. Can't break down a team for ****.
The idiot will keep playing Oscar when Mata made the team tick for 2 full seasons. Until Mata plays we will score very few goals each game, all of our goals recently have been lucky. No creativity whatsoever. Oh, about time we pay big for a striker cos we need 1.

Very well put. With that idiot in charge, Chelsea won't go anywhere.
:frown:
Original post by Zürich

Everton's beat your's

Love the way CFC fans take such pride in their squad size. RA opened the cheque book and bought some big names, what an accomplishment !!!

:rofl: hahahahaa
I won't be surprised if they lose against Southampton....a real possibility. I really hope they don't sack Mourinho :lol: he is doing a fantastic job at Chelsea!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7976
Original post by cleveradam

We're 4 points off top, have a good fixture list until january compared to the teams around us(bar united) can we talk then.

Kneejerk.
Reply 7977
Would quite like to see us try this 433 but with Mata taking Oscar's position, with Oscar sitting deeper replacing Lampard. Think Oscar definitely has the work rate to cope (7/8 tackles against West Ham, had a similar ratio against Villa/someone earlier in the season IIRC), and the fairly central positioning of Mata shouldn't stifle him as much as when placed on the wing in a 4231. The the 3-man midfield, particularly with the workrate of Ramires and Oscar should also help him with some of the tracking back responsibilities too. Something like:

Ivanovic---Terry---Cahill---Azpi--
----------------Mikel-------------------
----------Ramires---Oscar-----
--------Mata------------Hazard--------
-------------------Torres------------

Could potentially work quite well IMO.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7978
Original post by Zürich

Everton's beat your's

:yawn:
Seriously man, do you really have to do this all the time? You can put up your pile of gas when we face each other in a couple weeks time, if you beat us I'll man up and take your WUMming like a man. Otherwise just focus on your own team or contribute positively to this thread. It's almost an obsession the way in which you and others flock here whether you win or lose.

Funnily enough when posters here do the same in reaction to your Wumming, you guys complain and say they're hypocrites. I think a certain poster knows what I'm referring to by this paragraph, or the precise term I'm looking for here. I won't say it before it causes the inevitable ****storm.

Spoiler

Reply 7979
Original post by Nickini
Would quite like to see us try this 433 but with Mata taking Oscar's position, with Oscar sitting deeper replacing Lampard. Think Oscar definitely has the work rate to cope (7/8 tackles against West Ham, had a similar ratio against Villa/someone earlier in the season IIRC), and the fairly central positioning of Mata shouldn't stifle him as much as when placed on the wing in a 4231. The the 3-man midfield, particularly with the workrate of Ramires and Oscar should also help him with some of the tracking back responsibilities too. Something like:

Ivanovic---Terry---Cahill---Azpi--
----------------Mikel-------------------
----------Ramires---Oscar-----
--------Mata------------Hazard--------
-------------------Torres------------

Could potentially work quite well IMO.

Good point, I think that Mikel was often isolated today, he could have done with more legs in the midfield. A lot of the time he didn't seem to screen the back 4 well enough, gave away a couple fouls and his ball playing wasn't that great. Reminded me of how we played under AVB. Slow, unable to get behind the defence and just generally no chance creation, improved when hazard injected pace into the side, if we'd had started hazard I think we'd have probably won the game tbh despite how poor we were.

It's not as if lampards ball retention and general passing is so great that we're willing to lose a lot of mobility for it(pirlo/alonso get this freedom but not lamps) and his positional sense doesn't do much if he's not going to be able to track back and cover on time.

Latest