Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2360
Offer from Edinburgh!
Reply 2361
Original post by eco94
Offer from Edinburgh!

Congratulations, what was the offer?

And what are your predicted grades may I ask?
Original post by NesQuiK.
Will take a guess that this post relates to cambridge interviews, in which case I would say scrap wasting any time on c4/fp2/d1, and focus on knowing c1-c3 and s1 inside out.

Ok will do, does this mean that I should also know fp1 inside out too????
Reply 2363
Original post by Jkizer
That list was a while back :smile: though some other additions. (Looking back, I didn't know how little ambition I had :redface:)

I am applying to surrey, Southampton, Exeter, holloway and reading.

My first choice is extremely tough! Southampton and Exeter are the obvious due to the prestige and AAA offers. But Surrey has a niche sandwich year too ! (Exeter has one, but I doubt I'll get an offer from them :tongue:)

I'm still torn. And I'm not sure whether to put surrey as an insurance or an ABB entry university!

What's your other choices may I ask? Any replies of offers yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

have you considered appying to UCL and lancaster? I'm in a similar situation i don't know whether to put Leicester as my insurance ABB or Keele BBB. I want to put Surrey as my first choice AAB.

I'm applying to Surrey x2 , Queen Mary, Leicester, Keele
Reply 2364
Original post by JeromeM
Congratulations, what was the offer?

And what are your predicted grades may I ask?

Thank you! I'm predicted 3A*s :smile:
Reply 2365
Original post by eco94
Thank you! I'm predicted 3A*s :smile:

Nice, what was the offer?
Reply 2366
Just got an offer from University of Bristol for Economics and Econometrics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lynnny8
Just got an offer from University of Bristol for Economics and Econometrics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TerribleTej
Ok will do, does this mean that I should also know fp1 inside out too????

Don't go based on just my word as it's been a few years since my experience applying for undergrad, but I don't think knowing fp1 inside out is going to be of much use. Tbh, knowing all of these modules inside may well be unnecessary, because in many cases questions require very basic c1/c2/c3 knowledge, but more importantly require you to think outside of the box.

The most important thing of all before these cambridge interviews/tests is to have a clear head to be able to spot the sometimes very simple answer to a rather oddly asked question.
Reply 2369
Original post by lynnny8

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've just applied for that course! What were your AS & predictions if you don't mind saying? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did everyone's regional heats go for target 2.0?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NesQuiK.
Don't go based on just my word as it's been a few years since my experience applying for undergrad, but I don't think knowing fp1 inside out is going to be of much use. Tbh, knowing all of these modules inside may well be unnecessary, because in many cases questions require very basic c1/c2/c3 knowledge, but more importantly require you to think outside of the box.

The most important thing of all before these cambridge interviews/tests is to have a clear head to be able to spot the sometimes very simple answer to a rather oddly asked question.

Oh ok fair enough, as I am applying for economics, would also knowing the economics content inside out be important or just going through the content be enough? I don't have much time so I can only do one unit thoroughly if I have to go through the content inside out.
Original post by Epic Flawless

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine is tomorrow!
Reply 2373
Offer for Warwick and Durham L100 Economics. Waiting for UCL and LSE, gotten Cambridge interview invite.

Exciting but anxious at the same time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2374
Original post by ross95
I've just applied for that course! What were your AS & predictions if you don't mind saying? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My AS were:
Literature: a
Math: a
Biology: a
Chemistry: a

Predictions:
Math: A*
Biology: A
Chemistry: A
Reply 2375
Original post by lynnny8
My AS were:
Literature: a
Math: a
Biology: a
Chemistry: a

Predictions:
Math: A*
Biology: A
Chemistry: A

Great I have similar grades! Congratulations :smile:
Original post by robin1125
Mine is tomorrow!

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Epic Flawless

Posted from TSR Mobile

We didn't win but I'm hugely proud of our team. We started late since a school dropped out giving us a spot. So coming 3rd (out of 6) with less than a week to prepare is amazing.

How did yours go?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lynnny8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats, is that your first choice?

Original post by dente
Offer for Warwick and Durham L100 Economics. Waiting for UCL and LSE, gotten Cambridge interview invite.

Exciting but anxious at the same time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations on those offers, if you don't mind me asking, when did you receive the Warwick offer.
Original post by NedStark
We didn't win but I'm hugely proud of our team. We started late since a school dropped out giving us a spot. So coming 3rd (out of 6) with less than a week to prepare is amazing.

How did yours go?

Mine was better than expected. We placed 2nd, losing to a team who subbed in for a team that dropped out. Nonetheless, we gave it our best so I'm satisfied.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending