The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Original post by ItsJustMe17
Haha really? just sounds normal to me (obviously lol). Mine isnt that fancy i dont think, or not as posh as the queens anyway! And sorry lol just realised tht! :smile:

Of course it sounds normal to you guys For me as a non-native speaker, British people sound pretty much the same^^
queens or not, it's always flat and fancy as **** ^^
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Origami Bullets
Yep, keeping an open mind sounds like the best plan of action :smile:

what year are you in now? and what student house did you stay in first year? :smile:
Original post by Hanover
Of course it sounds normal to you guys For me as a non-native speaker, British people sound pretty much the same^^
queens or not, it's always flat and fancy as **** ^^

Haha wish i could hear it from another persons perspective! Havent heard german accents tht much so dont know what i think about them yet! :biggrin:
Reply 703
Original post by ItsJustMe17
Haha wish i could hear it from another persons perspective! Havent heard german accents tht much so dont know what i think about them yet! :biggrin:

I don't have the German accent though (which is hilarious btw), people would think that I'm American :cool:
If anyone else is watching Fresh Meat now, then the library scenes with Howard were filmed in & outside UoM's library (though I'm yet to see anyone start a fight over a book!)

Original post by FlyHigh_er
what year are you in now? and what student house did you stay in first year? :smile:

I'm in third year now, but in first year I lived in Oak House :smile:
Received the last decision I was waiting for from Manchester - for International Business, Finance and Economics: AAB! Cannot believe I got a conditional offer for all 3, so happy! It's going to be so tough deciding though :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 706
If anyone else is watching Fresh Meat now, then the library scenes with Howard were filmed in & outside UoM's library (though I'm yet to see anyone start a fight over a book!)

Yeah our student guide showed us outside the library, pretty awesome :smile:!
Reply 707
Offer for International Business, Finance and Economics - AAB, add me to the list! Still waiting for three more offers/rejections so can't decide yet.
Original post by VK96
Yeah our student guide showed us outside the library, pretty awesome :smile:!

It's a pretty cool (massive!) library. It also holds the University Challenge trophy on the ground floor (it's been there fore the last two years, and given a bit of luck it'll be there for a third year)

The scene towards the end where JP goes to Sam's house and talks to her through the window was filmed at Ashburne Hall :awesome:
Original post by Hanover
I don't have the German accent though (which is hilarious btw), people would think that I'm American :cool:

Well that's even better :wink: Love the American accent haha
Hi,
I've got an interview for Biological Sciences: Physiology tomorrow and was just wondering if anyone on here has had one? I have no idea what to expect and any advice would be great!
How formal is it?And what should I prepare before I go?
Thanks!
Reply 711
A few points
- accommodation applications aren't actually open yet (there was a bit of confusion about that one)
- you can apply for accommodation and so get your place in the queue even before you've firmed or insured - you just need to have received an offer
- though it is first come first served, you're still guaranteed a place in halls if you apply before August 31st
- there are no halls that are so dreadful your life would be over if you were to get put there (and even if you did end up in a hall you didn't like, you can apply to move from 1st October i.e. two weeks after you move in
- there's no point insuring Westminster if you wouldn't be happy to go there. If you don't mind the risk of a gap year, you might like to consider insuring RHUL - last year they had an absolute bloodbath on results day, and ended up accepting people with AAB and ABB offers who got BBC for just about every course except psychology. These things do change year to year, so there's no guarantee that the same thing would happen again, but it's an option worth considering if you don't really want to go to Westminster.

In short, don't worry about accommodation, wait until you've got all your replies, and consider your insurance option carefully.

Thanks for the reassurance, that's interesting to know about RHUL. I'll be sure to thoroughly research which course to insure. Just to clarify- is it known exactly when the accommodation application process opens yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 712
Original post by iano101
Offer for Law (AAA)

I got an offer for Law LLB too!! Finally- now i have both of my offers from UoM for Law(AAA) and Law with Criminology(ABB) im definetly going to firm the Law offer now :colondollar::mmm::yep: how about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 713
I've just got an Invitation to Visit Day email, congratulating me on my offer but nothing has come through on track. Has anyone else experienced this?
Reply 714
Just got my offer for social anthropology! UoM is definitely going to be my firm!!! Unreal happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offer for philosophy ABB.

Over the moon

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Hey has anyone got an invitation for an applicant day for law? Just wondering because I haven't received one...
Manchester uni is really city based isn't it?
(edited 10 years ago)

:biggrin: I met someone at the open day/interview that lived there too, she recommended it. I had heard it was the party house.
Does anyone know what the interviews for biochemistry involve? or has anyone had an interview for biochemistry at Manchester at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending