The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi all, just wondering whether anyone has applied to/ heard from Chichester, Brighton or Sussex unis yet?? Thanks!:biggrin:
Reply 1941
How did you find out about interview content?
Thanks
Original post by Zogs
How did you find out about interview content?
Thanks

I googled it and found a page from one of my unis with details and things to download. So if you google 'x uni pgce interview' something may come up
Got an interview at Reading but its a week today! So scared!
Original post by swarfliam

Ooh good luck!! Such little time. Get preparing!
Original post by swarfliam

That was quick!!!! Well done. When did you get your welcome pack from a UCAS?
Original post by Lucy_jucie
That was quick!!!! Well done. When did you get your welcome pack from a UCAS?

Mine hasn't arrived yet, Reading emailed me directly :smile:
Original post by Airfairy
The Cumbria uni campus is actually in Lancaster, not Cumbria. I don't know if you've been to Lancaster but it's pretty nice. Accommodation is average for a student city, maybe 60-70 a week. Locals are friendly.

In terms of the work exp you quoted me about, I did it like this for example-
Brown high school, brown road. 7/5/2013-13/5/2013. Observation of years 7-11.

I just did that for each one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lancaster has clobbled streets, right? It looks like a small market town rather than a city. :/
Btw, how will they know if you did the minimum 2 weeks? From what I see above I see you did 6 days but in this case:
Brown high school, brown road. 7/5/2013-27/5/2013. Observation of years 7-11.

How will they know if I did 15 days or just 4 days (one day per week).

I am asking because the above is my case.
Original post by madl24903
Is the personal ID for track different to the personal ID on our emails?

I think so, seeing as the personal ID for track & the ones we had for applying don't work. I've tried singing in with my email/password/personal ID in the email, but no luck! Just have to be patient and wait for the welcome letter, although UCAS say they do email the welcome letters to you as well. Whether this is true, idk!

Scroll down to where it says 'waiting for a UCAS Welcome letter?' (though there are links to other useful tidbits as well)

http://inagist.com/all/405313193326542848/
Original post by Juichiro
Lancaster has clobbled streets, right? It looks like a small market town rather than a city. :/
Btw, how will they know if you did the minimum 2 weeks? From what I see above I see you did 6 days but in this case:
Brown high school, brown road. 7/5/2013-27/5/2013. Observation of years 7-11.

How will they know if I did 15 days or just 4 days (one day per week).

I am asking because the above is my case.

Yeah if you want to stay in a place with a big city feel, don't go there. It is a market town. Depends what you like. I won't be staying there if I get in, I live close enough to commute.

My example isn't actually what I did, it's just to demonstrate (I don't know where you got six days from). But anyway, so say you did one day per week like you did, I'd put:
13/11/2013, 20/11/2013, 27/11/2013...and so on. So just list the dates separately.
Original post by JMR26
If it's any help, I thought that they were easier than the practice ones. The mental arithmetic was definitely easier. If you pass the practice ones, you'll find the real ones fine :smile:

I passed my literacy test today, yay! It was actually way more stressful than I thought. I think the pressure got to me a little and I was questioning how to spell the most simple of words. Overall though it was ok, and I passed which is the main thing. Now to revise for the mental arithmetic questions...eek!:s-smilie:
Reply 1951
I think I've accidentally sent an email through ucas to my second referee again. I've not heard from them so I thought I'd double check that I wrote the right email address on my ucas form and pressed 'edit' and it was correct but I didn't edit anything and then it said I can send an email to them.. So I did haha oops! I hope the Headteacher doesn't get annoyed.. But I thought it's a good idea instead of waiting two weeks to send another. Just thought I'd share this on here incase anyone else wants to pester their references through ucas instead of yourself (I won't do this again, just after pressing edit I got worried incase the first email wouldn't work or their log in wouldn't work anymore)..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fabay
I think I've accidentally sent an email through ucas to my second referee again. I've not heard from them so I thought I'd double check that I wrote the right email address on my ucas form and pressed 'edit' and it was correct but I didn't edit anything and then it said I can send an email to them.. So I did haha oops! I hope the Headteacher doesn't get annoyed.. But I thought it's a good idea instead of waiting two weeks to send another. Just thought I'd share this on here incase anyone else wants to pester their references through ucas instead of yourself (I won't do this again, just after pressing edit I got worried incase the first email wouldn't work or their log in wouldn't work anymore)..

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL I did the same thing to my reference!! I would be ashamed...but it worked!
Original post by bellylaugh
I passed my literacy test today, yay! It was actually way more stressful than I thought. I think the pressure got to me a little and I was questioning how to spell the most simple of words. Overall though it was ok, and I passed which is the main thing. Now to revise for the mental arithmetic questions...eek!:s-smilie:

Can you just confirm that the test is still the same as the online practice tests, i.e. Spelling, Punctuation, Grammar and Comprehension?

Congrats btw :smile:
Where can I find the practice skills test questions on line?
Reply 1955
Original post by Descartes93
LOL I did the same thing to my reference!! I would be ashamed...but it worked!

Did you get a reference then? I hope it works for me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smiler000
Hi all, just wondering whether anyone has applied to/ heard from Chichester, Brighton or Sussex unis yet?? Thanks!:biggrin:

Not yet, are you applying for primary or secondary ?
Original post by miss_disney
Not yet, are you applying for primary or secondary ?

I'm applying for primary... And yourself??
Original post by smiler000
I'm applying for primary... And yourself??

Primary too ! Could potentially see you at some interviews then :smile:
Original post by Fabay
Did you get a reference then? I hope it works for me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, my references sent their parts on Friday so I paid and sent then. Just waiting on the uni's now :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending