The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Le-JokerFr

See I speak some French and I've always wanted to go to France but everyone tells me how racist it can be and you're proving them right.

I don't see why I'm learning it anymore if I don't feel like I can use it if I went there.
Reply 221
Original post by L'Evil Fish
See I speak some French and I've always wanted to go to France but everyone tells me how racist it can be and you're proving them right.

I don't see why I'm learning it anymore if I don't feel like I can use it if I went there.

how did you stumble upon this shazaib
Original post by Qari
how did you stumble upon this shazaib

I posted before
Reply 223
I'm going to start a thread called, "brits should start exiling muslims" :eek:
Reply 224
Original post by Zzzyax
I'm going to start a thread called, "brits should start exiling muslims" :eek:

You can be British muslim haha ...back to the drawing board.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 225
I reckon it would be a great language to learn especially when you think of the population that speak it in the world. The best way to connect with other cultures and understand the voice of the people is by understanding their language. So many things get lost in translation and sometimes there are just not words that are available in English but I guess that goes for all languages.
Reply 226
Original post by qr95
You can be British muslim haha ...back to the drawing board.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am a logical and passionate person, ok, the problem is the quran says women are not equal to men, but i believe in rights of women. the quran does not allow free speech and democracy , wicked and evil religion....

thumbs up if you agree!
Reply 227
Original post by Zzzyax
I am a logical and passionate person, ok, the problem is the quran says women are not equal to men, but i believe in rights of women. the quran does not allow free speech and democracy , wicked and evil religion....

thumbs up if you agree!

So your on tsr for the reputation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Plainview
لول

No. British kids should learn German, Latin and Spanish. Not in that order German and Latin because between them they give a very thorough understanding of our own language

I completely agree, I studied German and my English grammar improved significantly. I believe it to be an extremely useful language especially for anyone wanting to do international business due to the amount of german-made businesses. Life is too short to live in one language, but I wouldn't choose arabic.
Original post by Ornlu
'Twould be interesting but I think Arabic's major shortfall is that it's written one way, spoken another and then there are further quite large dialectual differences depending on where one is, all culminating in one large confusing mess... I would probably prefer to learn Farsi instead...

Lol this describes English perfectly :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 230
Original post by IntoTheWater
Lol this describes English perfectly :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahaha, true; however, to compare it to the case of Arabic, we'd be speaking English (in any dialect/accent) but would be writing in Old (Anglo-Saxon) English :tongue:
Reply 231
Original post by Zzzyax

thumbs up if you agree!

What democracy is there in Britain?
All it is posh people thinking they know how people from state schools and poor homes live and thinking they can decide how they live.
Where was the democracy when they decided to change the state school education, even though I doubt any of them know how it works due to them going to private schools?
Free speech. You say something about gays or don't allow them in your house/business you are eligible to a lawsuit is that free speech?

Posted from TSR Mobile
LOL.

No they shouldn't.
Reply 233
Original post by Dopamine Dreams
LOL.

No they shouldn't.

They should learn chinese i say

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
They should learn chinese i say

Posted from TSR Mobile

That'd be much more beneficial tbh.
Original post by Al-Mudaari
Get learning :smile:

The possibilities in Arabic for the use of figurative language are endless; its allusiveness, tropes and figures of speech place it far beyond the reach of any other language... Arabic loses on translation but all other languages gain on being translated into Arabic - Joel Carmichael, The Shaping of the Arabs

I am actually trying to learn Arabic. However, that Arabic I learn will not be utilised to write servile and sycophantic apologies for Islam but for both writing, reading and criticising the Quran. The light of truth will be turned upon it and translation will no longer provide a corrupt barricade to this criticism.
كنت لا ترى أن كنت فعلت القادمة
Translation you did not see that coming did you?
Original post by Rational Thinker
I am actually trying to learn Arabic. However, that Arabic I learn will not be utilised to write servile and sycophantic apologies for Islam but for both writing, reading and criticising the Quran. The light of truth will be turned upon it and translation will no longer provide a corrupt barricade to this criticism.
كنت لا ترى أن كنت فعلت القادمة
Translation you did not see that coming did you?

Thousands, countless poets were unable to criticize the literature and poetry of the Qur'an or were able to compare the likeof, upon hearing it their hearts tremble in astonishment, I pray for your heart to be open towards Islam One day.
Original post by Mentally
Thousands, countless poets were unable to criticize the literature and poetry of the Qur'an or were able to compare the likeof, upon hearing it their hearts tremble in astonishment, I pray for your heart to be open towards Islam One day.

A book being eloquent does not translate into it being empirically accurate. Macbeth is well written but do you view it as literal truth? Furthermore your idea of "openness" seems to be involve taking the Quran's dogma as 100% complete truth, hardly "open".
هل ترغب في إعادة المحاولة؟
Translation would you like to try again?
Reply 238
Original post by Dopamine Dreams
That'd be much more beneficial tbh.

Chinese people only know english because currently england was better than them in the next 100 years if china go ahead on wealth then we'd have to learn.chinese

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 239
I love English and we should all teach proper English first, especially to the youth. Some of their English is simply atrocious.

I think the best way to improve your English is to read books.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending