The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by AnJuM218
For this interview I prepares both. One can help answer questions about how you would fit in medicine whilst the other is quite good for ethical questions. One thing that I felt hard when preparing was creating a structure to my answers, i had the knowledge but it is nothing without structure and I feel that is the main reason I am currently worried.

Isn't kings mmi?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 941
Has anyone had the thought
That kings give out interviews based on the UCAS applications they receive first? Ie. The earlier the you submitted your application, the earlier they receive it, and the earlier you possibly get a reply!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Grad applicants

I checked MyApplication today and saw a message from Kings asking that I send them my UKCAT reference number to allow them to match UKCAT scores with applicants.

They need this info by Dec 2nd

Thought I would mention it as it appeared on the portal but I did not get an email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 943
Original post by Tinuviel
Isn't kings mmi?

Its MMI format for graduates only:smile:
Original post by BWFC4life
Some people here talking about lower UKCAT people being first make me sick. Is that the kind of logic you use to explain why you don't have an interview? There are people who have worked incredibly hard to get an interview and there is no need to undermine their academic ability to make yourself feel better.

from everyone that has interviews at my college I would definitely say they're doing ukcat+gcse to rank applicants! around 8 people at my school have interviews and the first ones all have ukcats above 800 and 10A*+ and last week everyone with 9-10 A* and 750ish ukcats were called!
Original post by Kitnimohabbathai
from everyone that has interviews at my college I would definitely say they're doing ukcat+gcse to rank applicants! around 8 people at my school have interviews and the first ones all have ukcats above 800 and 10A*+ and last week everyone with 9-10 A* and 750ish ukcats were called!

I have 9a stars and 837.5 ukcat and no interview :frown:
Reply 946
Original post by AnJuM218
For this interview I prepares both. One can help answer questions about how you would fit in medicine whilst the other is quite good for ethical questions. One thing that I felt hard when preparing was creating a structure to my answers, i had the knowledge but it is nothing without structure and I feel that is the main reason I am currently worried.

Can I ask if there was a lot of reference to your personal statement during the interview? its ok if u cant answer bc of the disclosure thing, lemme know
Reply 947
i forgot to check my portal until now, and i've just realised i have an interview next week?!?! really got to crack on with interview prep :frown:
Original post by lixto
i forgot to check my portal until now, and i've just realised i have an interview next week?!?! really got to crack on with interview prep :frown:

Congrats! What were your stats?
Reply 949
Original post by cocochannel1
I have 9a stars and 837.5 ukcat and no interview :frown:

I have very similar stats and also don't have an interview :frown: I don't think it's as simple as GCSEs+ukcat
Reply 950
Original post by Ke299
I have very similar stats and also don't have an interview :frown: I don't think it's as simple as GCSEs+ukcat

I do think that the SJT banding has a part to play too, the majority of the people on the stalking page seemed to have band 1
Reply 951
Original post by BAZ1NGA
I do think that the SJT banding has a part to play too, the majority of the people on the stalking page seemed to have band 1

Yeah maybe, but I thought there were some with band 2/3? Then again they might have loads of a*s to make up for it
Reply 952
Original post by GCSE-help
Congrats! What were your stats?

thanks! 12A*s at GCSE, AAAB at AS, and UKCAT 760 Band 1 :smile:
Reply 953
Original post by Ke299
Yeah maybe, but I thought there were some with band 2/3? Then again they might have loads of a*s to make up for it

Probably :L, I haven't looked that closely but that seems logical :smile:, I don't think that anyone knows to be honest, I just feel now that we won't hear anything just now, so am hoping we hear something in the new year :P
Reply 954
Original post by BAZ1NGA
Probably :L, I haven't looked that closely but that seems logical :smile:, I don't think that anyone knows to be honest, I just feel now that we won't hear anything just now, so am hoping we hear something in the new year :P

Yeah i know there's really no point in trying to figure out how they're deciding but I just can't stop thinking about it :frown: Fingers crossed for after christmas though!
They January interview for undergrad so you could be called for interview in December for January :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 956
Original post by Ke299
Yeah i know there's really no point in trying to figure out how they're deciding but I just can't stop thinking about it :frown: Fingers crossed for after christmas though!

Believe me, I know exactly how you feel, it's definitely easier said than done :L
Original post by BAZ1NGA

i dont think it's sjt.... i have band 1, ukcat 837.5, 9a stars.....
Reply 958
It COULD be just random.
I know this opinion has been criticised, but there is a possibility that they are inviting highest UKCAT scorers last. I know people with really high UKCAT scores (800+) have interviews but that may be because they also happen to have 10A*+ at GCSE.

I will put this theory to bed immediately if someone with greater than 800 ukcat and less than 10 a* has an interview :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest