The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blayenne
Hi,

I'm a reapplicant from Poland and I was attending an interview at QMUL last year (was put on a Waiting List afterwards, and then nothing ;P). Got an invitation around 10th of December and as far as I remember the interview was scheduled on 28th of January.

Anyway, if you've got any questions feel free to ask, I'll try to answer as thoroughly as possible :smile: I keep my fingers crossed for all of us guys!

Thanks for the help. Wow seems that there is a big gap between invitation and interview. Makes sense because they can't just be doing nothing from now till end of Jan. They have all the scores, just need to invite/reject.

How was the interview? How much emphasis on the PS?
Reply 641
Original post by GCSE-help
Thanks for the help. Wow seems that there is a big gap between invitation and interview. Makes sense because they can't just be doing nothing from now till end of Jan. They have all the scores, just need to invite/reject.

How was the interview? How much emphasis on the PS?

I guess the gap was for all the students outside the UK, just to have some time to plan the journey. I received five different dates to choose from, most of them in February.

The interview wasn't very formal at all, I'd even say it was easy-going. Almost all of the questions were based on my PS, I'm sure the members of the panel read it right before calling me. It's worth mentioning I've always been doing loads of voluntary work of different types and my PS covered it all, so they might have had enough different topics to cover during the discussion ;P
Got email from Bart's, not an interview though lol

But they said that they have started ranking applications and awarding ucas tariff woop wooo
Reply 643
Original post by star10159

But they said that they have started ranking applications and awarding ucas tariff woop wooo

I didn't even get one!?
Did everyone else get the email?
Reply 644

Yayyyy! Finally the ball is rolling :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 645
Original post by nhta112
I didn't even get one!?

I haven't one yet :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
I smell lies
Reply 647
Original post by nhta112
I didn't even get one!?

I didn't get one..
Original post by nhta112
I didn't even get one!?

Lol don't worry

It wasn't a generic email, they wanted a scanned copy for one of my qualifications in order to award it ucas tariff.

But at least we know they have started.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 650
Lol don't worry

It wasn't a generic email, they wanted a scanned copy for one of my qualifications in order to award it ucas tariff.

But at least we know they have started.

to avoid it ucas tariff?
Original post by nhta112
to avoid it ucas tariff?

*award damn autocorrect
Reply 652
*award damn autocorrect

hahhaa I was thinking the same thing :P
Reply 653
Just to gauge whether I should've applied...

I achieved 3A*s at A-level and a b at AS (AS Physics) = 470 UCAS Tariff Points
I also attained 2960 on the UKCAT (740 AVG) w/ band 2 SJT

Would 470 UCAS Tariff Points and 740 UKCAT have been sufficient for me to secure an interview?

Thanks guys

Waheed
Original post by waheed786
Just to gauge whether I should've applied...

I achieved 3A*s at A-level and a b at AS (AS Physics) = 470 UCAS Tariff Points
I also attained 2960 on the UKCAT (740 AVG) w/ band 2 SJT

Would 470 UCAS Tariff Points and 740 UKCAT have been sufficient for me to secure an interview?

Thanks guys

Waheed

Hmm I think it's definitely worth a shot and you have a chance. UKCAT average seems to have gone up sharply this year so no one can be sure...
Guys, are we sure that we won't hear anything from Barts till January? Surely they'll start doing invites soon? Even if it is for January interviews.
Original post by GCSE-help
Guys, are we sure that we won't hear anything from Barts till January? Surely they'll start doing invites soon? Even if it is for January interviews.

I know they will start rejections in December :smile:
Reply 657
Hey guys

Ucas points : 640
Ukcat : 667.5

Is this actually good enough? Im getting sick of the waiting game.... urgh can feel a rejection
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 658
Guys, they said they would start sending out rejections in December and the interview invitations might be a bit later. It is usual for internationals to get a well soon notice but most of the time the notice is only 2 weeks ish.

So, NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS :smile: :biggrin:
Original post by nhta112
Guys, they said they would start sending out rejections in December and the interview invitations might be a bit later. It is usual for internationals to get a well soon notice but most of the time the notice is only 2 weeks ish.

So, NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS :smile: :biggrin:

Hey hey :smile: I remember you from the Dundee thread!! Looks like half our choices are identical (great minds think alike obvs XP).

Hopefully we'll hear back from Barts soon!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending