The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by GCSE-help
I know this opinion has been criticised, but there is a possibility that they are inviting highest UKCAT scorers last. I know people with really high UKCAT scores (800+) have interviews but that may be because they also happen to have 10A*+ at GCSE.

I will put this theory to bed immediately if someone with greater than 800 ukcat and less than 10 a* has an interview :colondollar:

I'm afraid I know someone in my year with 8A* 4A and 810 ukcat who has a December interview, so it isn't that straightforward.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Soraia
I'm afraid I know someone in my year with 8A* 4A and 810 ukcat who has a December interview, so it isn't that straightforward.

Hmm that's strange. In my year, there's a guy with 840 UKCAT and 9 A* who hasn't got an interview. I've also seen his PS and I remember being very impressed when I read it.
Reply 962
I think I've come to the conclusion that it's completely random..
As horrible as it sounds we will only know what the cutoffs are when the rejections roll out. Best we can do is check portal and hope, if you have other interviews focus on them because they may be your only shot!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cocochannel1
I have 9a stars and 837.5 ukcat and no interview :frown:

ohhh what about your alevels/predictions?
Reply 965
Any international students with an interview date yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kitnimohabbathai
ohhh what about your alevels/predictions?

AS level = aaaa A2 predictions = A*A*A*
I know this opinion has been criticised, but there is a possibility that they are inviting highest UKCAT scorers last. I know people with really high UKCAT scores (800+) have interviews but that may be because they also happen to have 10A*+ at GCSE.

I will put this theory to bed immediately if someone with greater than 800 ukcat and less than 10 a* has an interview :colondollar:

I have 805 and 7a* and interview on the 18th....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has everyone who has an interview got/predicted A*s at A level? (Just blue sky thinking here after exeters rejection)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kittyallsop
I have 805 and 7a* and interview on the 18th....

Posted from TSR Mobile

My theory put to bed :colondollar:

Well done on the interview!!:smile:
My theory put to bed :colondollar:

Well done on the interview!!:smile:

Thanks, I really don't quite know how they are doing it though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by callummj6747
Has everyone who has an interview got/predicted A*s at A level? (Just blue sky thinking here after exeters rejection)

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I'm predicted AAAB, I really am clueless as to how they are allocating the interviews...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 972
*in admissions office*
"Hey you guys wanna start givin som more interviews?"
"Not yet," *hits bong* "alright let's go"
Original post by cocochannel1
AS level = aaaa A2 predictions = A*A*A*

hmm maybe you're an anomaly! :P lol I seriously don't know how they're selecting for interviews now if people like you still haven't got one!
Hey guys. My interview is tomorrow. Just like to ask anyone who's done the interview already whether you actually do have to write an essay? None of the documents I was sent through the portal mention an essay. Only a questionnaire and ethical case study.
Original post by cazmasetro
Hey guys. My interview is tomorrow. Just like to ask anyone who's done the interview already whether you actually do have to write an essay? None of the documents I was sent through the portal mention an essay. Only a questionnaire and ethical case study.

hmm I don't think you've read the 'info for applicants' document carefully! it says task 1 is an ethical case study and task 2 is an essay! no mention of a questionnaire anywhere?!??! check that document- its with the criminal check thing! its not very helpful though- seems very vague to me! could someone who has already done the interview clarify what the essay is actualyl on? btw good luck with your interview tomorrow!! hope it goes well :smile:
Original post by cazmasetro

My interview is next month. On the portal it says I have to complete an essay and ethical case study. 15min time allocation each.

Good luck for your interview. Please let us know how it went.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Latif95
Has anyone had the thought
That kings give out interviews based on the UCAS applications they receive first? Ie. The earlier the you submitted your application, the earlier they receive it, and the earlier you possibly get a reply!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent mine on 14 october and got an invite early last week, So it''s probably nothing to do with when applications were received.
Original post by pkozman
*in admissions office*
"Hey you guys wanna start givin som more interviews?"
"Not yet," *hits bong* "alright let's go"

This made me giggle! Damn right....

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am going to hypothesise that they are giving out interviews in (wait for it......)

UCAS candidate number numerical order! Might explain the apparent randomness of the whole thing. Lowest UCAS number through to highest.

Maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest