The Student Room Group
University of Northampton
Northampton
Visit website

Really like Northampton uni & Business Entrepreneurship FDA, anyone else?

I really like the look of Northampton uni and after deliberating over which universities to apply for I think this one is definitely going to be one of my choices.

Is anyone else applying for the Business Entrepreneurship FDA or any other business courses?

Scroll to see replies

im applying for the FDA business entrepreneurship at northampton :smile:
Northampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by hopefully go uni
im applying for the FDA business entrepreneurship at northampton :smile:

Glad I've found someone! How comes your applying for the fda and not BA? Have you been to an open day yet?
Original post by glitterpink
Glad I've found someone! How comes your applying for the fda and not BA? Have you been to an open day yet?

Im applying for the fda because i dont think i will get the grades for the BA, ive been to the open day 2 or 3 weeks ago, i think its brilliant :smile: Northampton is my main choice
Reply 4
Im applying for the fda because i dont think i will get the grades for the BA, ive been to the open day 2 or 3 weeks ago, i think its brilliant :smile: Northampton is my main choice

Same for me really plus I like the flexibility of being able to leave after 2 years or completing a third year if you decide to.

I haven't been to see the uni yet but I really want to soon. What did you think of the accommodation?
Same for me really plus I like the flexibility of being able to leave after 2 years or completing a third year if you decide to.

I haven't been to see the uni yet but I really want to soon. What did you think of the accommodation?

yeah thats also a bit i liked the idea of, i didnt see the accommodation when i went but i have looked on the virtual tour and they look nice, some of them are a bit small but they look alright, i like the look of the kitchen space in all of them tbh, but i would have a kettle in my room for tea coffee and chocolate so i dont have to keep going to the kitchen lol.

you can also hire laptops for the day i like that idea as my laptop is slow
Reply 6
yeah thats also a bit i liked the idea of, i didnt see the accommodation when i went but i have looked on the virtual tour and they look nice, some of them are a bit small but they look alright, i like the look of the kitchen space in all of them tbh, but i would have a kettle in my room for tea coffee and chocolate so i dont have to keep going to the kitchen lol.

you can also hire laptops for the day i like that idea as my laptop is slow

Yeah it does all look nice on the website. I'm really glad it's all on campus too! Would be good to just be able to walk like 2 minutes to be at a lecture. Think I would try to get a standard single room as I don't think its worth the money to have an ensuite.

Haha I would definitely have a kettle in my room too! Im constantly making drinks so it will come in handy
Yeah it does all look nice on the website. I'm really glad it's all on campus too! Would be good to just be able to walk like 2 minutes to be at a lecture. Think I would try to get a standard single room as I don't think its worth the money to have an ensuite.

Haha I would definitely have a kettle in my room too! Im constantly making drinks so it will come in handy

Yeah the fact that it's on campus is really good for me because it will give me a break from having to cycle to and from the bus stop for a 30 minute journey

i don't know whether I would go for a small single or a standard single?
Reply 8
Yeah the fact that it's on campus is really good for me because it will give me a break from having to cycle to and from the bus stop for a 30 minute journey

i don't know whether I would go for a small single or a standard single?

Yeah that is a long time! Ohh yeh I didn't realise there were different size rooms. Think I would rather just have the small and have more money to spend on myself!

Where else have you applied to? Other uni's ive decided on for definite are Keele and probably Wolverhampton. Keep changing my mind about the rest.
Yeah that is a long time! Ohh yeh I didn't realise there were different size rooms. Think I would rather just have the small and have more money to spend on myself!

Where else have you applied to? Other uni's ive decided on for definite are Keele and probably Wolverhampton. Keep changing my mind about the rest.

Aha yeah that's a good idea lol

ive applied to the kent and Canterbury Christ church, all I have to do is finish off my ps and send it off.
Hi there have you heard anything back from Northampton yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Hi there have you heard anything back from Northampton yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No as I still haven't sent of my ucas yet. Keep changing my mind about where to apply. Have you heard back?
Oh right haha, can't make up your mind then?

I haven't finished my personal statement yet nearly done though then just gotta pay and send it off

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Oh right haha, can't make up your mind then?

I haven't finished my personal statement yet nearly done though then just gotta pay and send it off

<font size="1"><a href="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app" target="_blank">Posted from TSR Mobile</a></font>

Haha yeah I have 3 I deffo want to apply for, Northampton, Keele and Wolverhampton but keep changing the last two!
Haha yeah I have 3 I deffo want to apply for, Northampton, Keele and Wolverhampton but keep changing the last two!

so your first choice is Northampton?

what makes you keep changing the others then?
Reply 15
so your first choice is Northampton?

what makes you keep changing the others then?

Yes my first choice is Northampton or Keele but Wolverhampton is more of a back up as they have lower requirement so I know I will get an offer from them.

Well the others are between London South Bank, Canterbury and Durham. Durham is to do a foundation year first. I've spoken to them and they said I fit the criteria and should apply but the competition is soo high.
Yes my first choice is Northampton or Keele but Wolverhampton is more of a back up as they have lower requirement so I know I will get an offer from them.

Well the others are between London South Bank, Canterbury and Durham. Durham is to do a foundation year first. I've spoken to them and they said I fit the criteria and should apply but the competition is soo high.

I need to complete my application but the page on ucas is down :/ I am applying for the foundation courses at Northampton and Canterbury as well as the full Ba(Hons) and then ive just applied for the full Ba(Hons) at Manchester Met.

i suggest you apply for Durham because if they say you fit in than all you need to do is make sure you ps stands out.
Reply 17
I need to complete my application but the page on ucas is down :/ I am applying for the foundation courses at Northampton and Canterbury as well as the full Ba(Hons) and then ive just applied for the full Ba(Hons) at Manchester Met.

i suggest you apply for Durham because if they say you fit in than all you need to do is make sure you ps stands out.

I think I'm going to wait til after xmas now to send mine off especially as I forgot it costs like £20 and I've spent all my money on presents haha. Thanks I think I will to be honest but im running out of things to put in my ps. I thought it was done but he more I read over it keep finding things that need changing!
Haha my mum paid mine, I got it in last night so it's all sorted now just gotta wait for replies.

What sort of stuff do you do that will help towards the courses that you can put in the ps?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Haha my mum paid mine, I got it in last night so it's all sorted now just gotta wait for replies.

What sort of stuff do you do that will help towards the courses that you can put in the ps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's lucky. Well good luck! Hopefully they will get back to you soon with offers!

I dont have that much to write about tbh other than my qualifications and job but it's only in retail. Written a lot about wanting to run my own business in the future so hoping this will be enough along with other bits about how a degree will help me. Can't wait to just send off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending