The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

I never received a reply after confirming my attendance at interview - I assume this is normal? :smile:
Reply 921
Original post by g.k.galloway
I never received a reply after confirming my attendance at interview - I assume this is normal? :smile:

The following is from the email I received from Leicester, hope this helps.

'Please note that sending this confirmation email will automatically secure your place for the above date and time. You will NOT receive a response from us.'
Reply 922
Original post by HHaris14
The following is from the email I received from Leicester, hope this helps.

'Please note that sending this confirmation email will automatically secure your place for the above date and time. You will NOT receive a response from us.'

I don't like this. I need reassurance I've done the right thing :colondollar:
Reply 923
anyone know if there is any significance to being invited to one of the earlier interview dates? e.g. 11th? haven't seen many people with this date yet! :redface:
Reply 924
Original post by lilei_xu
anyone know if there is any significance to being invited to one of the earlier interview dates? e.g. 11th? haven't seen many people with this date yet! :redface:

Nope, they've said previously that regardless of whether you have the first or last interview date, it has no bearing on how much they like you or your chances of getting an offer. Especially as offers are based on interviews alone. :smile:
Reply 925
Interview on the 16th at 1pm, anyone else?
Reply 926
Got an interview yesterday for 16th have to be there at 8.45am!
Reply 927
Original post by Kukicool
Anyone with 58 got an interview today
<br />
<br />

I think I'm 58, I'm 29 in ukcat and I think 29 in gcses depending on whether they'll count my triple science as I was only an a in physics but had my other a*s but I got mine today x
I have a 24 in UKCAT, do you think that this is going to mean rejections from everywhere? Im so worried :frown:

But my marks give me a 29.. maybe 30, I don't know how to calculate IB wise.
Reply 929
Original post by meghollands
<br />
<br />

I think I'm 58, I'm 29 in ukcat and I think 29 in gcses depending on whether they'll count my triple science as I was only an a in physics but had my other a*s but I got mine today x

Congrats. I have a 58 so hopefully will get it in the future. What day is your interview.
I have received an interview invitation. 17th of December. Pre-interview score 60/60.

Here is the email I received copy and pasted:

"Further to your application to the Leicester Medical School, we would like to invite you to attend an interview on the morning of 17 December 2013. You should report to the Maurice Shock Building and proceed to Room 321 (third floor) by 8.45 am for registration and briefing.

As the interviews are Multiple Mini Interviews it WILL NOT be possible to accommodate applicants who arrive late.

The Multiple Mini Interviews will comprise 8 stations. The stations will test commitment, written communication, verbal communication, comprehension and interpretation, calculation, personal qualities, physical and social interaction and motivation to read medicine. Each station will be marked independently and the scores collated to achieve an overall mark for each applicant.

Should you be eligible for extra-time or have any other requirements that need accommodating at interview, please let us know in your reply. We will endeavour to make reasonable adjustments, but this may require us to change your interview date. It is your responsibility to notify us as soon as possible of any additional aids or reasonable adjustment that you need and provide evidence for this requirement so that we can assess your request.

The interviews and tours of the Medical School and Campus should be completed by 12.50 pm.

In view of the large numbers attending, only one other person may accompany you into the building. They may proceed to The IV coffee shop which is situated on the First Floor of the Maurice Shock Building. However, there are cafeteria facilities on the main campus to accommodate any other visitors.

As parking near to the University is very difficult, it is suggested that you use public transport where possible. Please see our website"

That's not the whole email, they go on to throw down a few criteria but inbox me if you want the rest of the email....

Peace out and good luck to you all x
Reply 931
Original post by goodluck96
I have a 24 in UKCAT, do you think that this is going to mean rejections from everywhere? Im so worried :frown:

But my marks give me a 29.. maybe 30, I don't know how to calculate IB wise.

The maximum you can get is 54 out of 60.. so I hate to say it but it's probably going to be a rejection. Considering that for the past two years the minimum for an interview has been 56. :redface:

Unless you have extenuating circumstances that you have informed them about in which case they may add some extra points to your score..
Original post by k1rby
The maximum you can get is 54 out of 60.. so I hate to say it but it's probably going to be a rejection. Considering that for the past two years the minimum for an interview has been 56. :redface:

Unless you have extenuating circumstances that you have informed them about in which case they may add some extra points to your score..

oh god. thank youuu
would you happen to know about ncl or aberdeen?
Reply 933
Original post by goodluck96
oh god. thank youuu
would you happen to know about ncl or aberdeen?

Newcastle requires a really high ukcat as that is literally the only way they select pre-interview (as long as you meet minimum requirements), so you'd need a score of at least 700+ average to stand a chance. Don't know anything about aberdeen. :smile:
Reply 934
Original post by k1rby

Hi k1rby. I have 58 and two people with similar scores have got interviews. Do you think that 58 would be the cut off. Getting worried.
Original post by k1rby
Newcastle requires a really high ukcat as that is literally the only way they select pre-interview (as long as you meet minimum requirements), so you'd need a score of at least 700+ average to stand a chance. Don't know anything about aberdeen. :smile:

omg. so I don't stand a chance
Reply 936
Original post by Kukicool
Hi k1rby. I have 58 and two people with similar scores have got interviews. Do you think that 58 would be the cut off. Getting worried.

Not necessarily! It could be that 59 is the cut-off and that they score 58's personal statements with the highest getting the remaining interviews.. this is just an example! Also those people with 58 might have some red flags/extenuating circumstances such that Leicester have added points to their score meaning they've actually got 59 or 60. They're going to be handing out interviews until february, so if it's march and you haven't heard.. THEN get worried. Having a february is no reflection on the quality of your application!
Reply 937
ahh sweet, nervous? :smile:
Reply 938
Original post by StudentAT
Well done! What's your score?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 939
How are people getting down to Leicester? Anyone taking the train?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending