The Student Room Group

PSYB3 and PSYB4

Hi,
Is anyone else studying these units this year? I'm home studying and I don't know anyone else studying Psychology B. Anyone want to swap notes, revise together etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Hi, I'm self-teaching PSYB1, PSYB2, PSYB3 & PSYB4 this year.

How far are you through A2 so far?
Reply 3
Hi!

I'm a year 13 student currenty studying A level Psychology! I'm doing PSYB3 at the moment and then PSYB4 later.

Which units are you studying within PSYB3?
I doing Mood Disorders, Forensic Psychology and Cognitive Development in children!

We could help each other revise and quiz each other if you study the same units and help each other if you want?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Student_27! As I'm self-teaching I have no clue how Psychology is normally taught, but it sounds like you are just taught the same amount of topics as you will be questioned on? For example in Developmental Psychology there is a choice of Cognitive, Social and Moral development. Are you just learning one of these topics? And at AS for example when there was a choice of Memory and Perception did you just choose one of those?

Sorry for the questions - it's just I've been teaching myself everything! Getting to the point at A2 where it seems like I should narrow down and focus as there is a lot more information than there was at AS...
Hello all.

I would love a study buddy as find talking about psychology helps my understanding of it instead of just reading a folder with all info insude.

Currently studying Piaget and Vygostky theories on child development. Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Student_27
Hi!

I'm a year 13 student currenty studying A level Psychology! I'm doing PSYB3 at the moment and then PSYB4 later.

Which units are you studying within PSYB3?
I doing Mood Disorders, Forensic Psychology and Cognitive Development in children!

We could help each other revise and quiz each other if you study the same units and help each other if you want?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I'm doing Mood Disorders and Forensic Psychology as well! I'm doing Mood Disorders at the moment, not starting Forensic in class till next year :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by sunnysideup12
Hi Student_27! As I'm self-teaching I have no clue how Psychology is normally taught, but it sounds like you are just taught the same amount of topics as you will be questioned on? For example in Developmental Psychology there is a choice of Cognitive, Social and Moral development. Are you just learning one of these topics? And at AS for example when there was a choice of Memory and Perception did you just choose one of those?

Sorry for the questions - it's just I've been teaching myself everything! Getting to the point at A2 where it seems like I should narrow down and focus as there is a lot more information than there was at AS...

Hi! I'm only taught the topics that I was questioned on, I think there is a lot of information to know as it is! I have completed moral development in class and were doing mood disorders now, continuing with forensic in the new year. At As I only did memory, this was chosen by my teacher :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by sunnysideup12

Hi
In Unit 3, yes you only study one of the topics under developmental psychology. Depending on which areas of psychology you like most, pick one. If you enjoy cognitive approach and science in general the cognitive development would be best, if you enjoy psychodynamic approach then moral development would be best and social development has more to do with behaviourist approach.

For the rest of unit 3 you would choose 2 other topics from
-cognition and law
-schizophrenia and mood disorders
-stress and stress management
-substance abuse
-forensic psychology

In unit 4 you learn everything just like unit 1 at AS.
In unit 2' you again choose 3 topics from
-social influence or social cognition
-remembering and forgetting or perceptual processes
-anxiety disorders or autism
Original post by figuresk8rstudent
Hello all.

I would love a study buddy as find talking about psychology helps my understanding of it instead of just reading a folder with all info insude.

Currently studying Piaget and Vygostky theories on child development. Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yap. already finished those:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know where i can find the june 13 paper for unit 1? Or the unofficial mark scheme for Spec B? please can you share the link if you do?
Original post by figuresk8rstudent
Hello all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be your study buddy? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Student_27
I'll be your study buddy? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I join in too .seems like hardly anybody does spec B:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool.

Pm me for my email address. Currently studying Moral Development and covered the Psychoanalytic Perspective :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply