The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've got an interview! St Mary's on 10th December :smile:

I never expected anything to happen this quickly!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2001
Original post by Descartes93
Thank you so much for finding this out!!! Where did you find this?

Emailed the admissions tutor :smile:
Reply 2002
Original post by Airfairy
I know of citizenship. If it was actually taught as a proper subject then I wouldn't have hesitated to do that. I don't know of any schools that have a citizenship teacher, so I was thinking about my employability.

If I could teach anything it would be A-Level politics or economics. I'm not saying I don't want to teach R.E, I'm just starting to wonder what the hell I was thinking assuming I'd have a chance!

Good luck to you too! Edge Hill is my first choice, so fingers crossed. I've never even visited, but it's close to me so would be good for commuting.

I did something over the summer that was considered to be a subject knowledge enhancement course. Found it on the oxford uni R.E PGCE website, so it must be known. It only took me three weeks though, so I don't think it can boost my application that much!

Sorry to hear about your lecturer. I can imagine how frustrating it is - I was frustrated after one day! Is she not replying to your emails?

Posted from TSR Mobile
]

Thanks! Same here!

The one I'm planning to do is 4 weeks, I think. I think it does make a difference and it will look good that you've already done it over the summer. Good luck, I hope you'll get an interview soon!

I emailed her twice (I sent the first email three weeks ago), it's very frustrating. I left uni last year and I'm working full-time, which doesn't make things easier. I tried to call her several time but she didn't answer the phone.

Original post by Juichiro
Hope as in Liverpool Hope?

Yep :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2003
I've got an interview - 12th Dec at IofE - terrified now!!
hi - new here! i've applied for the social scieence PGCE at IoE. Only sent it off today and got an invite within hours to go on Monday the 2nd! i have to prepare a lesson plan andthere is a wrtitten assignment and group discussion. A bit nervous but happy to just get an interview!
Original post by r275
I've got an interview - 12th Dec at IofE - terrified now!!

Omg congrats!! Thats where I desperately want to go!!! What subject is it for? Also, did you find out via track/email/letter?
Reply 2006
Original post by Descartes93
Omg congrats!! Thats where I desperately want to go!!! What subject is it for? Also, did you find out via track/email/letter?

Thanks! It's for Primary and found out via email - they said they're sending more info about the format of the day later this week, but it sounds like previous years - 5 minute presentation, individual interview, maths & literacy tests, group exercise
Original post by ginger.
]

Thanks! Same here!

The one I'm planning to do is 4 weeks, I think. I think it does make a difference and it will look good that you've already done it over the summer. Good luck, I hope you'll get an interview soon!

I emailed her twice (I sent the first email three weeks ago), it's very frustrating. I left uni last year and I'm working full-time, which doesn't make things easier. I tried to call her several time but she didn't answer the phone.

Yep :smile:

I know it must be frustrating!

What course are you applying for? I know I've probs read it but I get so mixed up with people on here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pthomas112
hi - new here! i've applied for the social scieence PGCE at IoE. Only sent it off today and got an invite within hours to go on Monday the 2nd! i have to prepare a lesson plan andthere is a wrtitten assignment and group discussion. A bit nervous but happy to just get an interview!

Seems like they are just putting most people that applied so far in a group interview. -_-
Reply 2009
I know it must be frustrating!

What course are you applying for? I know I've probs read it but I get so mixed up with people on here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

MFL (German and French)
Seems like they are just putting most people that applied so far in a group interview. -_-

would you say thats a good or bad thing? lol
Original post by ginger.
MFL (German and French)

oh of course, I remember you talking about that now.
Anyway, I do hope your reference sorts itself out soon!

I popped in to the school tthat did my reference today and left some chocolates at reception for the head and the teacher that did it. I felt really grateful they did it so quickly for me!
Original post by pthomas112
would you say thats a good or bad thing? lol

That would depend on the person. I don't like having group interviews with no chance of an individual one. I only know the interview procedures for one of my choices and they don't have a group interview, thankfully!

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh of course, I remember you talking about that now.
Anyway, I do hope your reference sorts itself out soon!

I popped in to the school tthat did my reference today and left some chocolates at reception for the head and the teacher that did it. I felt really grateful they did it so quickly for me!

That would depend on the person. I don't like having group interviews with no chance of an individual one. I only know the interview procedures for one of my choices and they don't have a group interview, thankfully!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ae you still volunteering at the school?
Yes one reference down..! Was getting worried I'd used the wrong email for a while..! :biggrin: cannot wait to have it in..! Has anyone applying to uni of Birmingham heard anything..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cutebat
Okay freaking out!!! Just logged into track and it says ST Marys twickenham is: course full…….

Mine says the same. Maybe it says that until they close the course and then go through the offers?

Saying that, Reading have actually given me an interview via email and there's nothing about it on Track haha!
Anybody who has already passed the skills tests able to answer this for me?

When it asks for your qts registration number on the application - how do you put it in?

As you have one for the maths and a different one for the english - yet it only lets you type in one of them.
If I were to change one of my choices before my references have been added do I have to resend a reference request? Or does everything just stay the same? I'm nervous about changing something and then having to resend everything!

A lot of interview processes for pgces have group interviews. One of mine had one, a teaching task and an individual interview. But it didn't tell you about the individual one until you got there,
Original post by dancing_shoes92
If I were to change one of my choices before my references have been added do I have to resend a reference request? Or does everything just stay the same? I'm nervous about changing something and then having to resend everything!

No it's fine you can change it now, that's what I did and I didn't need to resend my reference requests :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by magic_box
I've got an interview! St Mary's on 10th December :smile:

I never expected anything to happen this quickly!

Congrats, I didn't realise they would be interviewing so soon! Is that for primary? Does it give you any info on the layout for the day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending