The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2380
Original post by NedStark
Congrats, is that your first choice?

Congratulations on those offers, if you don't mind me asking, when did you receive the Warwick offer.

Hi,

I received the Warwick offer just earlier today in the wee hours of the morning (1am thereabouts).

Good luck!
Waaheey, interview for economics and management :smile:)
Reply 2382
Original post by mahatma ghandi
Waaheey, interview for economics and management :smile:)

What college?
Original post by L1000
What college?

St Peters
Reply 2384
St Peters

well done!!
Original post by L1000
well done!!

Reply 2386

Yes, not looking hopeful for an interview since my TSA was absolutely awful
Original post by L1000
Yes, not looking hopeful for an interview since my TSA was absolutely awful

I thought my TSA was a disaster too but clearly it wasn't too bad. Good luck!
I just had a weird thought that a lot more people will be getting offers this year because all the exams are in the summer this year. What do you lots think about this?
Reply 2389
Original post by dente
Hi,

I received the Warwick offer just earlier today in the wee hours of the morning (1am thereabouts).

Good luck!

Congrats on the offers! When did you apply? :biggrin:
Original post by Epic Flawless
How did everyone's regional heats go for target 2.0?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ended up not coming second or first which was disappointing, especially given that I thought we'd done better than the team that came second...
Original post by TerribleTej
I just had a weird thought that a lot more people will be getting offers this year because all the exams are in the summer this year. What do you lots think about this?

i thought this too, although i doubt much more would have been given out.
got an email from UCAS today, my heart quickened in pace as a realised " oh my god i may have another offer " only to have my hopes dashed as i realise its an applicant newsletter. WHY UCAS WHY.
Original post by Fas
got an email from UCAS today, my heart quickened in pace as a realised " oh my god i may have another offer " only to have my hopes dashed as i realise its an applicant newsletter. WHY UCAS WHY.

Hahaha, I got exactly the same email when I was in my FM class and I hoped that was an offer too. :biggrin:

Our Target 2.0 heat was today but we had to leave early and don't know which we came yet. Waiting for an email from my Economics teacher.

Also, it was our Senior Team Maths Challenge heat yesterday, came 15th out of 36 teams which is pretty good as we didn't practice. :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Fas
i thought this too, although i doubt much more would have been given out.

Yeah you are right there, a lot of schools do exams in the summer only, but a lot also do exams in January so hopefully the uni's are aware of this and can realise that a lot more candidates may not do as well as they could due to being stressed out during exams because of the greater number hence they could give out more offers, even 10% more offers would make us feel a whole lot better I guess.

Original post by Fas

Exactly what happened to me :tongue:, my anxiety was only increased because my phone crashed just when I opened my email and the only thing I read was "UCAS".
Original post by purplemind

Also, it was our Senior Team Maths Challenge heat yesterday, came 15th out of 36 teams which is pretty good as we didn't practice. :tongue:

My school's team came 21st out of 36 in the SMC yesterday but I wasn't in it! :mad:
Hahaha, I got exactly the same email when I was in my FM class and I hoped that was an offer too. :biggrin:

Our Target 2.0 heat was today but we had to leave early and don't know which we came yet. Waiting for an email from my Economics teacher.

If you want to check on your own, the results from today's heats are here: http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/education/Pages/targettwopointzero/news/regionalheats.aspx. Also, my SMC heat was 2 weeks ago but we managed to come 6th, losing out to our local rivals. :<
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
My school's team came 21st out of 36 in the SMC yesterday but I wasn't in it! :mad:

I wasn't too desperate to do it this year again as I knew I'm going to be a bit busy. But we are an all girls school and there aren't too many people who were keen to do that. :tongue: (There are 5 of us doing FM, only 1 doing FM in year 12.)
Original post by Epic Flawless
If you want to check on your own, the results from today's heats are here: http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/education/Pages/targettwopointzero/news/regionalheats.aspx. Also, my SMC heat was 2 weeks ago but we managed to come 6th, losing out to our local rivals. :<

When they say the other teams, do they put them in the order of best to worst or is it random?
Reply 2398

When they say the other teams, do they put them in the order of best to worst or is it random?

How did you do? I think it's random
I wasn't too desperate to do it this year again as I knew I'm going to be a bit busy. But we are an all girls school and there aren't too many people who were keen to do that. :tongue: (There are 5 of us doing FM, only 1 doing FM in year 12.)

It's random unfortunately. In the heats, they only announce the winners and runners-up.

Quick Reply

Latest