The Student Room Group

River island induction????

I have my induction for my christmas temp next week..
Anyone whos worked/works for River island..

HOW LONG DOES THE INDUCTION LAST?
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO?

x
Reply 1
Where is this induction of yours located at? Just curious because I have one too!
Original post by Pixelamp
Where is this induction of yours located at? Just curious because I have one too!

Northampton!
Reply 3
Probably about 2 or 3 hours, most of it will just be going through what the expect of you, the uniform, signing contracts etc. Then you'll get shown around and possibly get a bit of training depending on what department you'll be working in.
Original post by JKGB
Probably about 2 or 3 hours, most of it will just be going through what the expect of you, the uniform, signing contracts etc. Then you'll get shown around and possibly get a bit of training depending on what department you'll be working in.

You know if there's anything you have to take for it?
Reply 5
Original post by abbalarr95
You know if there's anything you have to take for it?

Your passport, National Insurance number and the details of the account you want to be paid into, I can't remember if that's everything.
Original post by JKGB
Your passport, National Insurance number and the details of the account you want to be paid into, I can't remember if that's everything.

Thank you!:smile:
Original post by JKGB

Thank you! Do you think i'll have to do a shift right after the induction? I need to go to a funeral in the afternoon and my inductions at 9am.
Reply 8
Original post by rochellehibbert
Thank you! Do you think i'll have to do a shift right after the induction? I need to go to a funeral in the afternoon and my inductions at 9am.

Have you been asked to do work after your induction? If not then I doubt it, most people have their induction a few days before their first shift.
Off topic but I had my induction today and I start next thursday. They didn't mention uniform and I forgot to ask.. what do I wear to my first shift?
Reply 10
Off topic but I had my induction today and I start next thursday. They didn't mention uniform and I forgot to ask.. what do I wear to my first shift?

You're not entitled to your uniform discount until you've been there for two weeks, so for those two weeks you can wear pretty much anything as long as it isn't branded or 'inappropriate'. If you have any River Island clothes then it's a good idea to wear them, especially if they're from the current season.
Original post by JKGB
You're not entitled to your uniform discount until you've been there for two weeks, so for those two weeks you can wear pretty much anything as long as it isn't branded or 'inappropriate'. If you have any River Island clothes then it's a good idea to wear them, especially if they're from the current season.

Thank you! How do I know what's branded as inappropriate though? :s-smilie:
Reply 12
Thank you! How do I know what's branded as inappropriate though? :s-smilie:

It's basically no short skirts, no hotpants, no midriffs on show, no low cut tops etc. Jeans and a blouse or top will be fine. You can't wear anything with a visible brand (i.e you can't wear a top with Abercrombie & Fitch across it)
Original post by JKGB
It's basically no short skirts, no hotpants, no midriffs on show, no low cut tops etc. Jeans and a blouse or top will be fine. You can't wear anything with a visible brand (i.e you can't wear a top with Abercrombie & Fitch across it)

Thank you! You've been so helpful!:biggrin:
Reply 14
Hi what did you do in your induction? i've got mine on monday and im just wondering.
Original post by krroddy
Hi what did you do in your induction? i've got mine on monday and im just wondering.

Mines on monday was well. Is it in London if you don't mind me asking?
What's the interview like??
Original post by chelseajanett
What's the interview like??

Was very relaxed seemed informal but you are being observed all the time, but it's not pressured. They just want to see that you are confident really. Most people came in their clothes from sixth form or wore jeans, everyone was friendly so it was easy to communicate with them. The main thing is to initiate the conversation, and to try and seem confident by perhaps suggesting to go first for an activity or something of the sort.
Reply 18
Original post by funkydee19
Was very relaxed seemed informal but you are being observed all the time, but it's not pressured. They just want to see that you are confident really. Most people came in their clothes from sixth form or wore jeans, everyone was friendly so it was easy to communicate with them. The main thing is to initiate the conversation, and to try and seem confident by perhaps suggesting to go first for an activity or something of the sort.

Hi, i've been invited to an assessment andI just want to know how long is your contract, assuming you're a christmas temp and also do you get the discount soon after you join or after a few months...? Thank you :smile:
Original post by zedaa
Hi, i've been invited to an assessment andI just want to know how long is your contract, assuming you're a christmas temp and also do you get the discount soon after you join or after a few months...? Thank you :smile:

I don't work there sorry, I have only had my interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending