The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deja Vu
You'll have to pay the exam boards for fresh copies if you can't find them.
Thanks, it's a bit of a shot in the dark as to what exam boards I took them with, but will ask the school on that.
Original post by Marcusian
Thanks, it's a bit of a shot in the dark as to what exam boards I took them with, but will ask the school on that.

Yeh, your old school will be able to tell you, if you tell them the year you sat them. I had the same problem, I sat mine in 1996!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2062
Original post by xxstace123xx
Your test is on the same day as mine :smile:

Anyway, if you don't mind spending the money - google 'numeracy ready'

Been a life saver for me, 20 practice tests with similar questions to the test, the answers, and then for everyone you get wrong they link you to one of their 'improvement centre' tutorials, there is one on every topic that is covered in the test. On the tutorials, there is videos with different approaches for the type of questions, examples and print out sheets.

It has helped me anyway aha, its £19.99 I think.

(: It looks really good, however I do think £20 is a little steep for me. =/ I am happy enough with the online tests so feel like I would only be paying for what I could get in other books? So think I'm going to order just a helper book for about £8 and hope that does the trick. Eek. Not helpful that I have to do a third of my dissertation next week, don't know where I'm going to get the time to revise! Thanks for the suggestion though. Good luck!
Isn't the skills test supposed to be free the first time? As soon as I click through it's saying it's £20 for each test?

Also any advice on websites or online resources that are good for practice of the skills test?

anyone who's done this before, got any tips or advice for the presentations? It says I can't bring prompts or anything written to read off, so do you get a board to write on?
Original post by andy1234567
Anybody who has already passed the skills tests able to answer this for me?

When it asks for your qts registration number on the application - how do you put it in?

As you have one for the maths and a different one for the english - yet it only lets you type in one of them.

Got the answer - i rang up and asked

Its the one beginning with TA
Woohoo! Interview with Brighton uni next week! So quick....oh god now I have to prepare :s-smilie:
Original post by Callie_
Thank you so much! (: And primary as well! fingers crossed for us both.

I heard from Brighton! I have an interview next week - hopefully this means they are moving their backsides, I hope you hear soon too and I might see you there!
I haven't even had acknowledgements from any of my unis, let alone interviews! I'm trying to relax by telling myself loads of people got acknowledgments for undergrad and I never did but it was okay...
Reply 2068
Original post by Descartes93
Yeah, my references sent their parts on Friday so I paid and sent then. Just waiting on the uni's now :frown:

Lol my 'trick' must have worked cos my second referee has accepted the request! Not done the reference yet but I'm just so relieved he's accepted it cos he's not responded to my last email and but at least I now know he's got it and will do it woohoo!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've emailed my second referee again, got no self control! Asked her when she's planning to complete it, and explained that I want to send my application off as soon as possible. Hope I don't come across as pushy but I really don't want to delay things!
Reference requests sent! Can't believe it's all happening now!
Original post by Airfairy
I haven't even had acknowledgements from any of my unis, let alone interviews! I'm trying to relax by telling myself loads of people got acknowledgments for undergrad and I never did but it was okay...

I know the feeling! I've had one acknowledgement but that's it. Keep telling myself that it's okay because at least I haven't had a rejection, would rather hear nothing for a while than be rejected in two days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2072
Original post by smiler000
I heard from Brighton! I have an interview next week - hopefully this means they are moving their backsides, I hope you hear soon too and I might see you there!

Ooh well done and good luck with it! I just checked track and my email and I haven't heard from them but i'll let you know if I do! How did you hear? And what sort of stuff do you have to do for the interview? :smile:
Original post by Callie_
Ooh well done and good luck with it! I just checked track and my email and I haven't heard from them but i'll let you know if I do! How did you hear? And what sort of stuff do you have to do for the interview? :smile:

I got an email! Apparently there's an individual interview, a writing task, a five minute presentation (yuck!) :colondollar:
Original post by Pebbles19
I know the feeling! I've had one acknowledgement but that's it. Keep telling myself that it's okay because at least I haven't had a rejection, would rather hear nothing for a while than be rejected in two days

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah and I know different unis do things differently, and I haven't heard anyone getting anything from my three so fingers crossed!
Reply 2075
Original post by swarfliam
Mine says the same. Maybe it says that until they close the course and then go through the offers?

Saying that, Reading have actually given me an interview via email and there's nothing about it on Track haha!

Hi Swarmfliam,

Just to let you know you need to ring UCAS. I rung St Marys today and it shouldn't say full course, it means you've selected the wrong code. I put full time non-modular but it has to be modular. If it says course full it means the university haven't even received your application. I know! I'm so glad I rung today and changed it. My track now says nothing. Congrats on interview at Reading! I went there for my undergrad. :-)
Reply 2076
Yay got an interview for Wandsworth SCITT on wednesday! so soon! has anyone heard from Roehampton?? :-)
Reply 2077
Original post by Descartes93
Interview at Institute of Education!!!!

Congratulations!! :-) xx
Just completed the application form and now waiting for the references!!! Excited but nervous.

Anyone know how quickly secondary maths PGCE tends to fill up? Especially at universities in London? I am worried my supervisor is not going to be able to finish his reference in time.

Oh, and happy thanksgiving from america!
Reply 2079
Original post by firegalley246
Just completed the application form and now waiting for the references!!! Excited but nervous.

Anyone know how quickly secondary maths PGCE tends to fill up? Especially at universities in London? I am worried my supervisor is not going to be able to finish his reference in time.

Oh, and happy thanksgiving from america!

I'm wondering the same! I'm not going to be able to send mine off until next Friday and then I'm waiting on references, so hopefully the courses won't be closed then :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending