The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Portsmouth Offers 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by luketssf
Thank you so much! I already have my grades so that's probably the reason why. :smile:

Just in case you're interested I got AC at A2 and 2 D's at AS, which is strange considering the requirements are are 240 from 3 A Levels. Not complaining though!

Ah okay that makes sense, thank you :smile:
Wow, they probably just really liked your application! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 81
Has anyone had offers for biomedical science yet? I'm so impatient it's been a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by 7mathes
I got an offer for Architecture- 320 UCAS points from 3 A-Levels :smile: Has anyone else got an offer for Architecture???
My housemate is a 2nd year architect student ! He has soo much work to do, it's ridiculous ! Are you a fan of doctor who by any chance ?
Reply 83
Original post by nic-nac
My housemate is a 2nd year architect student ! He has soo much work to do, it's ridiculous ! Are you a fan of doctor who by any chance ?

Ahh well it's a pretty intense course tbh. Does he/she enjoy it. Also, is the accommodation mixed girls and boys? ahaa, no not a massive fan but I watch it every now and again. Why?
Reply 84
Original post by 7mathes
Ahh well it's a pretty intense course tbh. Does he/she enjoy it. Also, is the accommodation mixed girls and boys? ahaa, no not a massive fan but I watch it every now and again. Why?
They love it. The work isn't that hard if you're creative, it just takes a lot of time to do the drawings and use the software. Only 3/4 of first years get into halls, which is mainly mixed. There are some female only flats, but i'm not sure about male only flats. However the halls which are fully catered aren't arranged into flats, its more like a hotel where every room is completely separate with the dining area for the whole halls as the only communal area, because if it's catered then you don't need a kitchen/dining area between 6-10 of you like most halls have. Most people who have lived in and out of halls say they prefer private accommodation. But its harder to sort out if you're new as you usually don't know people well enough to arrange to live with them. If you don't get into halls, theres lots of help with finding a private place and facebook groups to find flatmates you're likely to get along with. I asked about doctor who because there's a model darlek and tardis Eldon building where some/most of your classes will be.
Reply 85
Original post by liamagic
I have mine, Bsc Forensic Computing, anyone else had an offer? or has had an offer for another course?

In my final year taking this course. You'll be extremely happy with the course leader, Gareth.
Reply 86
Original post by nic-nac
They love it. The work isn't that hard if you're creative, it just takes a lot of time to do the drawings and use the software. Only 3/4 of first years get into halls, which is mainly mixed. There are some female only flats, but i'm not sure about male only flats. However the halls which are fully catered aren't arranged into flats, its more like a hotel where every room is completely separate with the dining area for the whole halls as the only communal area, because if it's catered then you don't need a kitchen/dining area between 6-10 of you like most halls have. Most people who have lived in and out of halls say they prefer private accommodation. But its harder to sort out if you're new as you usually don't know people well enough to arrange to live with them. If you don't get into halls, theres lots of help with finding a private place and facebook groups to find flatmates you're likely to get along with. I asked about doctor who because there's a model darlek and tardis Eldon building where some/most of your classes will be.

Wow, that's interesting. I hope I get into halls. It will be much more practical and easier to make friends. Ahh that's soo cool, i look forward to seeing that building :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by 7mathes
Wow, that's interesting. I hope I get into halls. It will be much more practical and easier to make friends. Ahh that's soo cool, i look forward to seeing that building :smile:

But are you the partying type? If not, you might not like halls (at any uni) as they get really loud apparently with all the people partying and coming back late and being noisey.
Reply 88
Original post by nic-nac
But are you the partying type? If not, you might not like halls (at any uni) as they get really loud apparently with all the people partying and coming back late and being noisey.

Yeah I like partying to an extent. It's great fun! I can't wait until halls - if I get a place :smile: I go to boarding school, so I'm used to the noise :wink:
Reply 89
Got my offer for biomedical science. 45 credits at merit or above on my access to science. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
I have an unconditional to do Maths! I'm seriously considering making them my top choice, but I think I ought to visit first :smile: Anyone else doing Maths?
Reply 91
Original post by 03hope03
I have an unconditional to do Maths! I'm seriously considering making them my top choice, but I think I ought to visit first :smile: Anyone else doing Maths?
I know someone in their 2nd year studying maths! Well done :smile:
Reply 92
Received an unconditional offer for BA History! :smile:
Reply 93
Original post by jada897
Received an unconditional offer for BA History! :smile:

Congratulations!
Reply 94
Anybody got an offer for Law with Criminology :tongue:???
Reply 95
I've got an unconditional offer to study LLB Law & Criminology for September 2014 at Portsmouth. :smile:
Reply 96
Original post by jessmeow
Anybody got an offer for Law with Criminology :tongue:???

i have for Law!!:colondollar::smile:
Offer for environmental science! Definitely going to be my insurance choice!
Reply 98
I got an offer like a day after i sent it off for Sociology, all i need now are 2380 UCAS points!!
Reply 99
Got a conditional offer to study English Literature wahoooo :clap2:

Quick Reply

Latest