The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by evie2014
Yes, I did like the Vale location when I went to the open day before Summer :smile: yeah, I think it's 2nd December, but it's different for Victoria Halls, as they're non-university owned, so I have to book separately with them :smile: I think they have like all the cutlery and crockery included, and swipe cards to get in, etc, so I quite like the sound of it :smile: I have no idea how close it is to the train station though - hopefully not too far! :P
Wow, mechanical engineering - I found GCSE maths hard, never mind engineering! Haha ;P I'm doing history and English literature :smile: have you been invited to an applicant visit day? xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it's just fairly central, which is pretty cool! Ahh ok, wow sounds like they include everything, explains why it's quite an expensive hall :P the train station is on the west of the uni, so I doubt it's very far :smile: haha, I'm the opposite to you, hate anything to do with essays! Although I did History AS, hated mass media! :L is your offer unconditional? I'm in a bit of a weird situation, I visited last year, had to have an interview and stuff.... But I ended up firming Loughborough (big mistake!) hated it as soon as I got there, so now I'm on an unplanned gap year :P definitely want to be in a city! Luckily they said I didn't have to interview again, so just gave me an offer outright, I might visit the uni again though! I visited my friend there a few weeks ago, didn't see the uni, but the night life was great! Have you been to any? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
I've got an unconditional for Drama and English Lit! Anyone else considering firming brum to do this course?? :smile:
Reply 582
Unconditional for English and classical civ if i firm, ABB if i don't. If I don't get Oxford offer i am sorely tempted.
Another offer from Birmingham for Philosophy! I applied twice and got both courses. Decision making will be very difficult...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unconditional for English and History!!!
I sent my application out 9 days ago and I just received an offer for BA History! AAB with an A in History. This is my firm Uni (fell in love with it after visiting for a day)
Reply 586
Just got an unconditional for Policy, Politics and Economics! So happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone going to the applicant day in February?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 588
Original post by RunningInHeels

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 589
I got an offer for law with legal german studies on the 20th
Any other fellow law student out there :tongue:
Unconditional for History and Conditional for War Studies, so happy
Reply 591
Original post by StevenGreeen
Unconditional for English and History!!!

Ah well done!!! :biggrin: you firming it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 592
Original post by iLayton
Yeah, it's just fairly central, which is pretty cool! Ahh ok, wow sounds like they include everything, explains why it's quite an expensive hall :P the train station is on the west of the uni, so I doubt it's very far :smile: haha, I'm the opposite to you, hate anything to do with essays! Although I did History AS, hated mass media! :L is your offer unconditional? I'm in a bit of a weird situation, I visited last year, had to have an interview and stuff.... But I ended up firming Loughborough (big mistake!) hated it as soon as I got there, so now I'm on an unplanned gap year :P definitely want to be in a city! Luckily they said I didn't have to interview again, so just gave me an offer outright, I might visit the uni again though! I visited my friend there a few weeks ago, didn't see the uni, but the night life was great! Have you been to any? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds good :smile: yeah I much prefer history A2 than AS, TBF :smile: yeah it's unconditional, but I'm not on a gap year, I'm still in yr 13 :smile: I applied to Loughborough! They sent me my first offer, but I've chosen Birmingham instead, obviously! :P yeah it's an amazing city :smile: no, I haven't been invited to an applicant visit day :L not sure, as I'm doing joint honours, whether to just go for another open day or a campus tour, and speak to both faculties :smile: I really want to see the library and sports centre (even though they're building new ones haha) as I didn't get a chance to last time I was there :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 593
Original post by evie2014
Sounds good :smile: yeah I much prefer history A2 than AS, TBF :smile: yeah it's unconditional, but I'm not on a gap year, I'm still in yr 13 :smile: I applied to Loughborough! They sent me my first offer, but I've chosen Birmingham instead, obviously! :P yeah it's an amazing city :smile: no, I haven't been invited to an applicant visit day :L not sure, as I'm doing joint honours, whether to just go for another open day or a campus tour, and speak to both faculties :smile: I really want to see the library and sports centre (even though they're building new ones haha) as I didn't get a chance to last time I was there :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I liked Russian history though! :P. Wow, fair play! They seem to be giving out a few of them this year? Pretty sure no one from my school got one last year, pretty impressive! Pretty cool you have no stress about getting into a uni, and a good one at that! Haha, yeah you don't want to fork Loughborough :wink: so have you firmed Birmingham all ready, or are you waiting for the rest of your offers? That's weird, I thought they have applicant days for each subject? Maybe email them? I know I will like it there, so can't be bothered to go to another open day :P just annoying I have to wait 10 months to start uni! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 594

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you find out about applicant visit days? I have an unconditional offer but haven't had an email from Birmingham or anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
They email it to you. When did you receive your offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 596
They email it to you. When did you receive your offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only just today haha maybe I'm being impatient!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer of AAA to study Economics & Geography :biggrin:
Original post by Abi_7
Only just today haha maybe I'm being impatient!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll probably get it tomorrow then!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an unconditional offer on the 18th, but they haven't emailed me about applicant visit days yet. Should I be worried? :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending