The Student Room Group

ITMB applicants 2014

Was just wondering if anyone else is applying to do the ITMB course for September 2014 entry and if so, where are you applying etc? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey!! :smile:I was thinking of applying for the ITMB degree too !!! But also for Computer Science.
And for ITMB, id probably apply for Manchester and Sheffield. I need help with my personal statement on writing that i have in interest in both ITMB and Computer Science.

Please could anyone help?????????????????
Reply 2
Original post by TopBlogs
Hey!! :smile:I was thinking of applying for the ITMB degree too !!! But also for Computer Science.
And for ITMB, id probably apply for Manchester and Sheffield. I need help with my personal statement on writing that i have in interest in both ITMB and Computer Science.

Please could anyone help?????????????????

ahh okee dokiee! well I'm just applying for ITMB so have tailored my personal statement for just that but i suppose if you focus more on the IT side of it. Although ITMB at Manchester is wayyy more business based than computing... if you look at exeter it is more computing based as although the course is the same, each uni focuses on either business or it more so.... :smile:
Reply 3
Hi, I've applied for ITMB at Aston, Manchester, Hertfordshire, Northumbria and Derby. The course seems really interesting, can't wait to start receiving offers!
Reply 4
Original post by tsimms
Hi, I've applied for ITMB at Aston, Manchester, Hertfordshire, Northumbria and Derby. The course seems really interesting, can't wait to start receiving offers!

Ohh ok nice and neither can I. Although you may be a bit hesitant in Derby as I phoned them up and they weren't sure if they were 100% running the course so I didn't put it down. They most likely are but still :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Go for Manchester! I'm currently in my second year of study and we have a lot more employer contacts, especially with our Business Team Project modules. Employers actually fund and sponsor the module and you'll work on real life problems, unlike some other Universities that don't run this module. Also, some students from other Universities that are studying the ITMB degree said they wished they applied for Manchester.

If you have any questions regarding ITMB at Manchester or the ITMB degree in general (as I am an ITMB ambassador fo the degree) feel free to send me and email ([email protected]) or message me on twitter (https://twitter.com/matnavin)

Hopefully to see you here in September,
Matthew
ITMB Student at The University of Manchester
Reply 6
I really want to go Manchester but the requirements are a lot higher than my other choices! Currently working at BBBb and Manchester say AAB on their website, how lenient are they with this?
Reply 7
Original post by s.khambatta
Ohh ok nice and neither can I. Although you may be a bit hesitant in Derby as I phoned them up and they weren't sure if they were 100% running the course so I didn't put it down. They most likely are but still :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah man! Who knows, I think Derby call to make offers anyway so I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. Where did you apply for in the end?
Reply 8
Hey, I've applied to the ITMB course at Uni of Hertfordshire :smile: Anyone else applied there and got an offer yet?
Reply 9
Original post by tsimms
I really want to go Manchester but the requirements are a lot higher than my other choices! Currently working at BBBb and Manchester say AAB on their website, how lenient are they with this?

I won't be able to find out until Monday about how lenient they are, but if you have any other questions feel free to email me [email protected] :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by tsimms
ah man! Who knows, I think Derby call to make offers anyway so I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. Where did you apply for in the end?

Ah okee dokiee.

I applied for Loughborough, UWE Bristol, Chichester, Oxford Brookes and Greenwich on monday and got an offer from UWE on wednesday :biggrin: where else did you apply?

I was going for Exeter but they never shift on their grades but theyve been in clearing before for this course...
Applying to Aston and Loughborough for ITMB.
Reply 12
Applied to UCL, Manchester, Sheffield, Queen Mary and Aston. Gotten offers from Manchester, Queen Mary and Aston. UCL is my first choice.
Reply 13
I'm applying for ITMB 2014. Got offers from UCL, Exeter, Loughborough, Sheffield and Nottingham. Not sure which i want as my first choice though.
Original post by Tobyd96
I'm applying for ITMB 2014. Got offers from UCL, Exeter, Loughborough, Sheffield and Nottingham. Not sure which i want as my first choice though.

Congrats :smile:
What are you predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 15
Thanks :smile: . I got predicted 37 points in the IB. Not really sure what that is in terms of A-Level grades.
Currently studying ITMB in my first year at Exeter. It's really worth it, learned so much stuff already
Reply 17
Original post by tsimms

I'm first year ITMB in Manchester and although they ask for AAB. I got ABBC and I still got in. They are usually lenient with the grades. A friend of mine who is also in first year got BBB and they have her a place. I think it all depends on how many applicants they receive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is this a 'soft' course?
Reply 19
Original post by chelseafan
Is this a 'soft' course?

I think it depends on the university as each university might have different modules

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending