The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cutebat
Hi Swarmfliam,

Just to let you know you need to ring UCAS. I rung St Marys today and it shouldn't say full course, it means you've selected the wrong code. I put full time non-modular but it has to be modular. If it says course full it means the university haven't even received your application. I know! I'm so glad I rung today and changed it. My track now says nothing. Congrats on interview at Reading! I went there for my undergrad. :-)

Thanks for the info i'll ring promptly tomorrow!!
Has anyone applied and heard from Greenwich?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2082
Original post by smiler000
I got an email! Apparently there's an individual interview, a writing task, a five minute presentation (yuck!) :colondollar:

Thank you! What day is that on then? And yeah I'm not a fan of presentations haha. I'm sure you'll do amazingly though :biggrin:
Original post by andrea199
Congrats, I didn't realise they would be interviewing so soon! Is that for primary? Does it give you any info on the layout for the day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't either, I really thought I wouldn't hear anything until January to be honest. Exciting but a little scary! :eek:

It's for Secondary RE :smile:

Seems like it will be a long day - 8.20am beginning with several group tasks, subject knowledge audit, presentation and in the afternoon an individual interview if you get through to that stage. Seems like a lot!
Is their somewhere to see when Unis are closing applications?
hey I have a quick question, I know it is a little late but I was in the process of writing my school experience on the UCAS application and wanted to know how you guys wrote your school experience down? As there is not much room to write a lot.
xxx
Reply 2086
Original post by FilmExpert
Isn't the skills test supposed to be free the first time? As soon as I click through it's saying it's £20 for each test?

Also any advice on websites or online resources that are good for practice of the skills test?

Don't worry - this drove me crazy for a week, until I realised that when you go to the final checkout page, it will deduct the costs for you. Just get to the end and you'll see! I even had a careers meeting for that, they should deduct it earlier in the process to avoid the confusion.

'Numeracy Ready' was recommended by another applicant to me today - it does look really good and I think if you can spare the £20 it would be worth doing, as there seems to be a lot of help for all sides of the test. I can't really spend that much so just bought 'Passing the Numeracy Skills Test' by Mark Patmore on Amazon for £8. It'll arrive tomorrow so I'll let everyone know on here how it is. P: I'm only revising for numeracy; my subject is English so I'm fairly certain I will pass that test! Hopefully...
Reply 2087
I paid and sent my application yesterday and today have been invited to interview at the IoE on wednesday. Everything's moving much faster than I expected - I was hoping to have finished uni before going to any interviews.
Reply 2088
Original post by jeffercake
Yeh, your old school will be able to tell you, if you tell them the year you sat them. I had the same problem, I sat mine in 1996!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same problem, I sat mine in 1992! I do have the exam result slips that I first opened to get my results before certificates came through. Do you think that will do?
Reply 2089
I am waiting on my second reference to complete. This process is really unfair. It puts pressure on the applicant and on the referee. Surely UCAS could open the process 2 weeks before the application date, giving everyone the chance to have a fully completed application when the 21st came around. I know it's only been a week but with a number people getting interviews its really worrying me my application will be too late. My referee has a life and job, and some time around that they've got to do me a favour and write a reference, meanwhile I'm bricking it because its taken them a week. Seriously a week is no time at all, especially when they have million othrr things to do. Argh!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by cinderella25
hey I have a quick question, I know it is a little late but I was in the process of writing my school experience on the UCAS application and wanted to know how you guys wrote your school experience down? As there is not much room to write a lot.
xxx

It should simply be where it was, your positions and the dates you spent there.

Any detail of what you did should go in personal statement.
Original post by xxstace123xx
It should simply be where it was, your positions and the dates you spent there.

Any detail of what you did should go in personal statement.

something like this?

school x, date x, observing lessons from years 7-13
Original post by cinderella25
something like this?

school x, date x, observing lessons from years 7-13

Yeah :smile: I also put how many days I'd done overall.
Original post by xxstace123xx

Yeah :smile: I also put how many days I'd done overall.

Thank you!
Reply 2094
Original post by Fen2k
I am waiting on my second reference to complete. This process is really unfair. It puts pressure on the applicant and on the referee. Surely UCAS could open the process 2 weeks before the application date, giving everyone the chance to have a fully completed application when the 21st came around. I know it's only been a week but with a number people getting interviews its really worrying me my application will be too late. My referee has a life and job, and some time around that they've got to do me a favour and write a reference, meanwhile I'm bricking it because its taken them a week. Seriously a week is no time at all, especially when they have million othrr things to do. Argh!

I defo agree! But just think so many other people are in the same position waiting for references that I doubt courses will fill up etc.. It will be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2095
Original post by jadebythesea
I'm really not sure! I've done most of my planning and have most things booked so really hoping it will all be ok... Will be devastated if I have to cancel...!

Ahhh!

Don't panic too much though. I'd say just make sure you sort everything out early - make all the decor, stationery etc and all bookings during the summer. And anything that HAS to be done during the last 3 weeks like double checking bookings:

1: Write a very precise, clear diary of what needs to be done when so you don't have to worry 'have I done it all?!' as you can just go through the list and tick it off.

2: Delegate! Use your parents/in-laws, partner, other family and friends esp. wedding party!

Good luck with it anyway :smile:

xxx
Original post by magic_box
I didn't either, I really thought I wouldn't hear anything until January to be honest. Exciting but a little scary! :eek:

It's for Secondary RE :smile:

Seems like it will be a long day - 8.20am beginning with several group tasks, subject knowledge audit, presentation and in the afternoon an individual interview if you get through to that stage. Seems like a lot!

Well done for getting the interview! I really want to know how the subject knowledge audit is because obviously that's the bit I'll be concerned about. I just want to know what type of things they will ask - you'd think it would all be related to the curriculum.
One of my references is complete! Yay! :-D
And I see my manager tomorrow so can chase up the second then. Getting very nervous now!
Original post by Airfairy
Well done for getting the interview! I really want to know how the subject knowledge audit is because obviously that's the bit I'll be concerned about. I just want to know what type of things they will ask - you'd think it would all be related to the curriculum.

Thank you! :smile:
I'm quite worried about the subject audit as well - it says it is "likely to cover topics at the higher end of GCSE expectations and/or slightly further."
Now, for RE this is a pretty wide spectrum as you know! I won't be able to learn everything about every religion to this level by the 10th but I'm just going to read some introductory books and go over old GCSE papers I think.
Original post by magic_box
Thank you! :smile:
I'm quite worried about the subject audit as well - it says it is "likely to cover topics at the higher end of GCSE expectations and/or slightly further."
Now, for RE this is a pretty wide spectrum as you know! I won't be able to learn everything about every religion to this level by the 10th but I'm just going to read some introductory books and go over old GCSE papers I think.

Oh that is really wide, yeah. I'm gonna have to brush up on a lot! I will be asking all about it once it's done :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending