Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2220
Original post by Caesar95
Hello! Where are you from?

I'm Italian, and I got an Oxford interview for Law, too. How are you preparing for it? :smile:

I'm still waiting for LSE, although the 5 weeks are now over... :frown:

I'm from Hong Kong! Which college did you apply to? I'm reallocated to Jesus College. I'm reading over the books i mentioned in my PS but I'm really nervous. :s-smilie:

Be patient and I'm sure you'll hear back asap! :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2221
Original post by Nik13
Me too! Im from Australia! You? I have one for Cambridge in 2 weeks or so :frown:

I'm from Hong Kong :smile: Best of luck for your interview! do you have to fly over? Mine is on the 11th. interviews are nerve-racking :eek::eek::eek:
Any lawyers feel like calling LSE just to ask about the current situation and the likelihood of hearing before Christmas?
Original post by bird in water
Which college you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gonville&Caius and I have just got my invitation!:smile: you?
Original post by CD315
There's usually activity on Thursdays with LSE, or at least recently there has been. Maybe we can expect to hear something today. My five weeks is up today for Maths with Economics.

mine too for straight Econ :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2225
Original post by runjennyrun17
mine too for straight Econ :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let's hope for the best then :smile:
my 5 weeks is up with LSE tommorow, don't expect anything tbh and won't do for atleast another week.
Reply 2227
Hi, just wondering for everyone out there who've already received an LSE law offer (or the "one of the best candidates in your cohort" email), what did you get for your GCSEs? And what are your predicted grades?
My 5 weeks will be up tomorrow and I'm so worried.
Thanks in advance! :smile:
Original post by CD315
There's usually activity on Thursdays with LSE, or at least recently there has been. Maybe we can expect to hear something today. My five weeks is up today for Maths with Economics.

hey, I am an international applicant, in the same position as you. Even I have applied for maths with economics and my 5 weeks got over yesterday
Original post by BlueIcee
Hi, just wondering for everyone out there who've already received an LSE law offer (or the "one of the best candidates in your cohort" email), what did you get for your GCSEs? And what are your predicted grades?
My 5 weeks will be up tomorrow and I'm so worried.
Thanks in advance! :smile:

Hey there, I believe (and I may be wrong) that this email has only been sent to international applicants. As far as the 5 weeks is concerned - please don't worry about that. I'm currently a week beyond the 5 weeks and I don't imagine that I'm going to hear before Christmas (though, once again, I may be wrong).

Best of luck,

QuestionsQ
Reply 2230
Original post by QuestionsQ
Hey there, I believe (and I may be wrong) that this email has only been sent to international applicants. As far as the 5 weeks is concerned - please don't worry about that. I'm currently a week beyond the 5 weeks and I don't imagine that I'm going to hear before Christmas (though, once again, I may be wrong).

Best of luck,

QuestionsQ

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 2231
Geography applicant here :smile:
Anyone received an offer for geo?
Original post by QuestionsQ

Best of luck,

QuestionsQ

thats not quite right. I know of a UK applicant who got the 'strongest in your cohort' email.
Original post by josiejo1970
thats not quite right. I know of a UK applicant who got the 'strongest in your cohort' email.

I'm talking purely about Law. Was this person applying for Law too?
Reply 2234
5 weeks are up tomorrow :colondollar: So...what's next?
Reply 2235
Original post by schlili
5 weeks are up tomorrow :colondollar: So...what's next?

You could be waiting numerous weeks after like quite a lot of people on this thread :frown: LSE don't seem to be committed to the timeframes they give us!

Or, you may get a response because it's the famous 'LSE Friday' tomorrow, good luck :biggrin:
Reply 2236
Original post by ErHi?
You could be waiting numerous weeks after like quite a lot of people on this thread :frown: LSE don't seem to be committed to the timeframes they give us!

Or, you may get a response because it's the famous 'LSE Friday' tomorrow, good luck :biggrin:

so i shouldn't expect to hear from them until uhm... after christmas? :redface:
What's the famous "LSE Friday"? :colondollar:
Well I guess no news is still good news...
Reply 2237
Original post by schlili
so i shouldn't expect to hear from them until uhm... after christmas? :redface:
What's the famous "LSE Friday"? :colondollar:
Well I guess no news is still good news...

You could by all means hear from them tomorrow! But there are people still waiting to hear back and they're on their 7th week of the 5 week email so it's all very disparate!

Oh haha, LSE seem to become quite busy on a Friday and give out quite a few offers/rejections to applicants :smile: I'm not sure if it was too busy last week on this thread but we are a small proportion of applicants :biggrin:

Yes indeed it is! I just surpassed my 4th week yesterday and no news yet! Clinging onto some hope, although there's not much left in all honesty haha :redface:
Reply 2238
Original post by ErHi?
You could by all means hear from them tomorrow! But there are people still waiting to hear back and they're on their 7th week of the 5 week email so it's all very disparate!

Oh haha, LSE seem to become quite busy on a Friday and give out quite a few offers/rejections to applicants :smile: I'm not sure if it was too busy last week on this thread but we are a small proportion of applicants :biggrin:

Yes indeed it is! I just surpassed my 4th week yesterday and no news yet! Clinging onto some hope, although there's not much left in all honesty haha :redface:

haha yeah... what did you apply for? I am applying for Management :smile: I actually hope I won't hear from them tomorrow because Oxford rejections are currently flowing in and I really don't need two rejections on a single day (or week... or ever.. haha)
Reply 2239
Original post by schlili
haha yeah... what did you apply for? I am applying for Management :smile: I actually hope I won't hear from them tomorrow because Oxford rejections are currently flowing in and I really don't need two rejections on a single day (or week... or ever.. haha)

Economic History :biggrin: Not the most well known of LSE courses but I've fallen in love with it :colondollar:

Oxford may give you an interview invite though, always be optimistic :wink: I can see where you're coming from though... Someone I know had 2 rejections in two consecutive days :/

Quick Reply

Latest