SaraLandau
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
What is the difference between software engineering and computer science? Which one is easier? Which one has more content and maths? Do you need to be analytical and good at learning languages for both? Thank you
Damask-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Computer science is more mathematical, software engineering is more related to systems lifecycle and development etc. Computer science degrees will have a software engineering component, just obviously not as much. You'll probably do equal amounts of programming in both, maybe a little more in CS. They both require the same skill set more or less, but software engineering involves more writing and CS involves more discrete maths.
SaraLandau
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Damask-)
Computer science is more mathematical, software engineering is more related to systems lifecycle and development etc. Computer science degrees will have a software engineering component, just obviously not as much. You'll probably do equal amounts of programming in both, maybe a little more in CS. They both require the same skill set more or less, but software engineering involves more writing and CS involves more discrete maths.
Thank you
sjaan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Take the harder degree, not the easier one. Computer Science has more recognition by the way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.15%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (95)
10.61%
Lack of purpose or motivation (111)
12.4%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.92%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.36%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.06%
Financial worries (61)
6.82%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.58%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.26%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.91%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.61%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.04%

Watched Threads