The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Got a 7 in my Thermal Concepts Physics test, and I'm top of the IB Chemists :biggrin:
Reply 7121
Original post by Mr.Nor
1 mark off a B in my film essay and got a B in my history essay wooooo

Original post by Bude8
Got a 7 in my Thermal Concepts Physics test, and I'm top of the IB Chemists :biggrin:

Well done to the both of you :h:
Damn man i need to revise, ive been gettin b's in end of topic tests, :smile:
Got my progress checks today :biggrin:

End of course estimates are:-

Media: A :biggrin:
History: C (want an A/B though, struggling with unit 2 edexcel - give me some advice peoples :biggrin:)
Photography: B (want an A though) :smile:
Applied Science: D (want B/C though) :smile:

HAPPY!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by zed963
What's the best way to truly understand a level math concepts ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

for me, it's just doing the hard textbook questions (which i usually cant do on first try) and then checking the answers to understand what I can and cant do. and then having a go at them later on to see if i truly grasped the concept and have a good understanding
Sooo...I feel like I should try and participate in parts of the forum. How's everyone enjoying year 12 here? :smile: Anyone regret any of their A level options yet, haha. (I sooo dread Chemistry, it used to be okay but then my teacher left on maternity leave, now one half of Chemistry is horrible *cry*).

Estimate predicted grade thingies OuO:
Maths mechanics A
Physics A
Biology B
Chemistry B

I think I'll be lucky to get that Chemistry, I hate the inorganic stuff >.> even though I find the organic stuff harder, I am somehow better since my organic teacher can actually teach, hah. I got a C in the inorganic practice test, and have a B and an A (weelll it was 79.5% but surely that rounds up to 80, yes? XD) in my two organic tests.

Ugh, I need to revise Physics. Anyone else here do OCR Advancing B? The text book is horrible to revise from. I wonder how good AQA Physics is, we're AQA for Biology and there's like LOAAADS of AQA books, yet OCR does hardly any books (also am OCR maths).
Reply 7126
Original post by Okkefac
Sooo...I feel like I should try and participate in parts of the forum. How's everyone enjoying year 12 here? :smile: Anyone regret any of their A level options yet, haha. (I sooo dread Chemistry, it used to be okay but then my teacher left on maternity leave, now one half of Chemistry is horrible *cry*).

Estimate predicted grade thingies OuO:
Maths mechanics A
Physics A
Biology B
Chemistry B

I think I'll be lucky to get that Chemistry, I hate the inorganic stuff >.> even though I find the organic stuff harder, I am somehow better since my organic teacher can actually teach, hah. I got a C in the inorganic practice test, and have a B and an A (weelll it was 79.5% but surely that rounds up to 80, yes? XD) in my two organic tests.

Ugh, I need to revise Physics. Anyone else here do OCR Advancing B? The text book is horrible to revise from. I wonder how good AQA Physics is, we're AQA for Biology and there's like LOAAADS of AQA books, yet OCR does hardly any books (also am OCR maths).

I'm doing that physics, the coursebook certinally is a pain. We got a couple of extra general physics textbooks given to us, not quite as useful as course-specific ones would be but helpful all the same. The Collins Advanced Science - Physics is supposed to be good, it's in the post for me.
Original post by borysek01
Quick question. How to self teach AS Physics?

basically read the textbook and use the internet. dead easy.
Original post by Cluck
I'm doing that physics, the coursebook certinally is a pain. We got a couple of extra general physics textbooks given to us, not quite as useful as course-specific ones would be but helpful all the same. The Collins Advanced Science - Physics is supposed to be good, it's in the post for me.

Ah, we were only given the one, and I have the CGP guide which helps, but lacks detail. I've heard that book is good, and am considering buying it (but ugh, it's so expensive D:smile:.

It's so annoying, the physics course. And the coursework is horrible >.>
Reply 7129
Original post by Okkefac
Ah, we were only given the one, and I have the CGP guide which helps, but lacks detail. I've heard that book is good, and am considering buying it (but ugh, it's so expensive D:smile:.

It's so annoying, the physics course. And the coursework is horrible >.>

I actually really like the coursework we've got so far (the materials research thing) :colondollar: The quality of measurement one looks tedious though, not looking forward to that.
so so so quiet
Original post by Bude8
so so so quiet

Maybe too busy crying.
Does anyone know about what mocks they have and when? Im getting worried as I havent heard a thing yet and its nearly december.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
so so so quiet

Well done chemist :wink:
Original post by Nat_LPS
Maybe too busy crying.
Does anyone know about what mocks they have and when? Im getting worried as I havent heard a thing yet and its nearly december.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I have full mocks in January. It's annoying because I'll have A2 French mocks as well which might end up being embarrassing.... :rofl:
Reply 7133
It's been quite a long time since I've posted in this thread.

My present performance grades are

Biology A
Chemistry A
Physics B
Maths B
Further B

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have my parent's evening in... A couple of weeks :woo:
Haven't got my grades but I'd imagine its:
Maths - A
Further Maths - A
Physics - B
Chemistry - C

I have no motivation to study the sciences at the moment. I may have picked the wrong options.
Original post by L'Evil Fish

5 days till mine:no:. They say the same thing every time anyway
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Mine is on Thursday... wooo

Regarding reports ACCC for my first half term but i think this will be BCCC my maths is slipping! :hmpf:
Original post by Red Fox
5 days till mine:no:. They say the same thing every time anyway

:woo:

Haha new school so we'll see what they say :erm:

Original post by SophF_rth
Mine is on Thursday... wooo

Regarding reports ACCC for my first half term but i think this will be BCCC my maths is slipping! :hmpf:

:nooo:
A levels are sooo hard! Its killiinn mee :frown:

Latest