The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Just got an offer from LSE for straight economics ! :smile:))

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Epic Flawless
Just got an offer from LSE for straight economics ! :smile:))

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow congrats! i too applied for this course.

May i ask when you sent off your application? And what were your GCSE and A level grades?
Original post by season1209
wow congrats! i too applied for this course.

May i ask when you sent off your application? And what were your GCSE and A level grades?

Thanks. I sent it on the 8th of October and my 5 weeks ended exactly one week ago. My GCSEs are 10A*s and my ASs were 4 As.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer from LSE for management this morning (9.30 a.m) !!!!!
YESSSSSSS!!!

Exactly the last day of the five week
Reply 2264
No rejection today?
Reply 2265
Original post by CalvinTsao
Got an offer from LSE for management this morning (9.30 a.m) !!!!!
YESSSSSSS!!!

Exactly the last day of the five week

曹老板好~!:p:p:p:p
Original post by yws0212
Just got an offer from LSE for international relations.

Ummmmmmmmmmm, very delicious!

Not to bug, but when did you send off your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lisa96
It has officially been 5 weeks since I received my two week email for Law. I emailed LSE on Saturday asking them about the status of my application, and they haven't replied to that either :frown: LSE friday tomorrow as well. :frown:

From recollection, LSE take a very long time to reply to emails. You're always better off calling them if you want an immediate response (although it's probably slightly more annoying for them). But, it benefits everyone if you ask 'what's the situation in the law department - are we likely to hear before Christmas?' xD

Good luck!
Original post by lolzzzic
I'm from Hong Kong! Which college did you apply to? I'm reallocated to Jesus College. I'm reading over the books i mentioned in my PS but I'm really nervous. :s-smilie:

Be patient and I'm sure you'll hear back asap! :smile:

I've applied to Worcester, and was invited there.

I'm reading the books too, but still don't feel ready ahah!

Good luck :smile:
Reply 2269
Original post by yws0212
You have exactly same top choices as me.

Although I just got a rejection from Oxford.

Oh i am sorry :frown: i haven't gotten my oxford rejection yet... did you apply for economics & management too?
Reply 2270
Original post by Yuqi96
Wow LSE Friday is sure looking promising..Please LSE just give me an offer or something so I can walk into my Oxford interview going "I dont need this!" (last day of five weeks for government and economcis here)

Ditto.
Reply 2271
Got an offer for IR today, exactly a week after my I received my 7-week email. Beyond excited!! Did not expect to hear of a decision this soon I still can't believe it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It seems like they haven't handed out any accounting and finance offers yet :frown:
Any offers/rejections for History?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have any Social Policy applicants received offers yet? Been a couple of weeks since I got the seven week email so still early days.
Reply 2275
Original post by pommes
Got an offer for IR today, exactly a week after my I received my 7-week email. Beyond excited!! Did not expect to hear of a decision this soon I still can't believe it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only a week after 7-week email? Wow, stats please? Well done btw!
Reply 2276
Original post by benq
Only a week after 7-week email? Wow, stats please? Well done btw!

Thanks!! I'm an international student so I havent sat for my AS, will do next year along with my A2. For the equivalent of GCSEs in my country, I got 6A+ and 4A.For my internal exams, i've gotten full marks for some maths modules and IELTS of band 8.5. My predicted grades are A*A*Aa.
Just got an e-mail saying 'your application is strong enough to be considered for the BA history programme...your qualifications will be assessed further" etc etc.

I'm not feeling too optimistic because I know some other people got the 'your aplication is among the strongest in this admissions cycle" e-mail. They're prpbably the only ones who stand a realistic chance. Does anyone know why they told me that their final decision could take 7 weeks to be made when it usually takes 5 weeks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2278
Original post by SoggyTractor
Just got an e-mail saying 'your application is strong enough to be considered for the BA history programme...your qualifications will be assessed further" etc etc.

I'm not feeling too optimistic because I know some other people got the 'your aplication is among the strongest in this admissions cycle" e-mail. They're prpbably the only ones who stand a realistic chance. Does anyone know why they told me that their final decision could take 7 weeks to be made when it usually takes 5 weeks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the same email for my course a week ago (never received the "among the strongest" email) and I got an offer today. You can still get positive news, mate!
Reply 2279
Anyone heard anything for law this week?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending