The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2280
Original post by SoggyTractor
Just got an e-mail saying 'your application is strong enough to be considered for the BA history programme...your qualifications will be assessed further" etc etc.

I'm not feeling too optimistic because I know some other people got the 'your aplication is among the strongest in this admissions cycle" e-mail. They're prpbably the only ones who stand a realistic chance. Does anyone know why they told me that their final decision could take 7 weeks to be made when it usually takes 5 weeks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I'm pretty sure you have an equal chance of getting in because the email with "your application is strong enough to be considered for the BA history programme...your qualifications will be assessed further" should be the one you get before the "your application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle". I'm guessing they only give the latter one out if they still can't decide whether to give you an offer after your 5/7 weeks is up, but this is just what I think. I'm not sure whether I'm right.

Also, I think they told you 7 weeks because they have lots of applications coming in now so they need more time to process them all.

Hope this helps! :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Nearly had a heart attack when I saw LSEs email but it said I have to wait another four weeks. I received the email 7 weeks after my 5 week email and it says I'm one of the strongest in the admissions cycle etc

For anthropology and law no real news is good news I guess
Reply 2282
Original post by shu.
OFFER ABOUT 15 MINUTES AGO!!
AAB for Management

GCSE's: A*, 7A's 6B's
AS grades: AABB (maths, history, economics psychology)
Predicted: A*A*A
Got my offer right on the last day that my 5 week period ends! So happy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

congratulations! Well done! I also applied for Management, but sent mine only a few days ago.. :frown:

When do you usually get 2 week email? Cuz i got quite confused, i got only email saying that they have received my application..
Reply 2283
Original post by yxcai
Anyone heard from BMS?

Not yet. I am still on my 5 week email for BMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my offer for LSE maths with economics three days after my five week email, so very happy!!!!
Anything from the Philosophy dept?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2286
Original post by silonthesofa
Not to bug, but when did you send off your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

14th of October, and got 5 weeks email on 22nd of October :smile:
Reply 2287
Original post by schlili
Oh i am sorry :frown: i haven't gotten my oxford rejection yet... did you apply for economics & management too?

Nah, I applied for History and Politics
Reply 2288
Original post by pommes
Thanks!! I'm an international student so I havent sat for my AS, will do next year along with my A2. For the equivalent of GCSEs in my country, I got 6A+ and 4A.For my internal exams, i've gotten full marks for some maths modules and IELTS of band 8.5. My predicted grades are A*A*Aa.

Omg same grades and course as you! Predicted grades are A*A*A* ! YOU give me hopeeeeeeeee!
Have any lawyers heard anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2290
Original post by gera_95
congratulations! Well done! I also applied for Management, but sent mine only a few days ago.. :frown:

When do you usually get 2 week email? Cuz i got quite confused, i got only email saying that they have received my application..

Thanks! It's fine I got the two week email about a week after I applied and then the five week one the day after :smile: Good luck!
Original post by QuestionsQ
Have any lawyers heard anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope :'( A week past my 5 weeks, you?
Original post by paperclip345
Nope :'( A week past my 5 weeks, you?

Yeah, I'm in exactly the same position. So tempted to call them, but I don't think anything will come of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I'm in exactly the same position. So tempted to call them, but I don't think anything will come of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! I don't want to annoy anyone but I want an offer so badly, LSE is my first choice! Where else have you applied?
Original post by paperclip345
Me too! I don't want to annoy anyone but I want an offer so badly, LSE is my first choice! Where else have you applied?

Fancy calling on behalf of all lawyers? xD I've applied to Oxford, LSE, UCL and Durham. I should probably add a fifth choice at some point. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thinkthings
10 mins ago, a law applicant who received an interview invitation at Oxford posted on the Oxford thread that he received a rejection from LSE 2 minutes ago (so about 12 minutes ago).

Ah, I just saw that. Hmm, perhaps they're just dealing with all the international applicants first?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fancy calling on behalf of all lawyers? xD I've applied to Oxford, LSE, UCL and Durham. I should probably add a fifth choice at some point. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am very tempted but I live in Dubai so I don't think my mum would be too happy with the phone bill if I did :tongue: I applied to Oxford, UCL, Kings and Warwick (and LSE lol) and so far all I have is an interview at Oxford - I suppose preparing for it is taking my mind off why LSE haven't replied yet :frown:
Original post by masterclass@14
Got my offer for LSE maths with economics three days after my five week email, so very happy!!!!

Congrats man, so you received your offer today? When did you apply?
Original post by masterclass@14

Congratulations on your offer!!!
Would it be okay if you could state your Gcse and AS grades, and A2 predictions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lisa96
After 5 weeks of waiting, I have finally received the 7 week email for Law. I doubt i'll get an offer due to my poor GCSEs, and average AS, but I'm pleased that they're still considering me. I don't think my personal statement will outweigh my grades though :/

About time! :tongue: Stay positive, if they didn't think you were good enough they wouldn't have moved you onto the next stage! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending