The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2320
Received an offer for straight Econ today - 6 weeks after my 5 week email!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by gracelich
I've applied for straight History too... What are your predicted A2's? I'm not feeling hopeful either, my GCSE's are really not up to LSE standard, plus I resat year 12 :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

A*A*A. My GCSEs are good, thankfully, but my AS Levels are only AABB and I don't think my personal statement was great. Don't worry, you'll have loads of other people in the same situation as you if you get rejected. What wider reading themes/extra curricular stuff did you talk about on your PS? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Belle18
Received an offer for straight Econ today - 6 weeks after my 5 week email!

Congratulations.

What were your GCSEs and UMS if you don't mind me asking? Also when did you send your UCAS?
Original post by SoggyTractor
A*A*A. My GCSEs are good, thankfully, but my AS Levels are only AABB and I don't think my personal statement was great. Don't worry, you'll have loads of other people in the same situation as you if you get rejected. What wider reading themes/extra curricular stuff did you talk about on your PS? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh, they're good predicted grades. I'm predicted A*AA, AS: AAAE. I spoke about a range of things. Henry VIII, Mao's china, French Revolution. I also spoke about my work experience as a local History researcher for Kirkstall Abbey museum. EC's include chairing the debating society at school, senior prefect, history society outside of school, head of student council, amended school curriculum, writing for a newspaper, rock climbing. Also spoke about 4 different books and Lucy Worsley's BBC4 History programmes. I hope all that stuff in my P.S is good enough for LSE!

What did you talk about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2324
Original post by Mike_123
Congratulations.

What were your GCSEs and UMS if you don't mind me asking? Also when did you send your UCAS?

12A*s at GCSE and 94% average UMS. UCAS was sent off on the 8th October. Have you also applied to LSE? (Good luck if you have!)
Original post by Belle18
12A*s at GCSE and 94% average UMS. UCAS was sent off on the 8th October. Have you also applied to LSE? (Good luck if you have!)

Yeah. My academics are roughly the same as yours, so fingers crossed. :s-smilie:
Original post by Belle18

DId LSE send you the questionnaire?
Reply 2327
Original post by shu.
Thanks! It's fine I got the two week email about a week after I applied and then the five week one the day after :smile: Good luck!

Thank you!
Reply 2328
Hi guys,

basically, I have submitted my application with my current IELTS results (which isn't great:frown:)

Listening: 8.5
Reading: 7.5
Speaking: 7.0
Writing: 6.5
Overall: 7.5

The minimum requirement is 7.0 in each section. Can I get rejected because of my poor IELTS results? :frown:
Or can they just tell me to resit it?

I got my country's qualification, which is equivalent to 5 A* and 9 A's
AS level: AABB
A-level predictions A*AAA

I am applying to Management, where the min. requirement is AAB.
(edited 10 years ago)
anyone heard anything for stats & finance? : )
Reply 2330
Got my your application is one of the strongest email today for Law - so relieved as hadn't heard anything when my five weeks was up seventeen days ago!! (Just thought I would post this to show it's not the end of the world if you don't hear dead on five weeks!!) - UK applicant (thought I would specify as saw a debate about this a few pages prior)
Original post by Belle18

congratulations on the offer and well done for those impressive results, I just hope now that LSE give me a god damn offer which gives me less pressure when I go to my Cambridge interview.
Original post by Truea96
Got my your application is one of the strongest email today for Law - so relieved as hadn't heard anything when my five weeks was up seventeen days ago!! (Just thought I would post this to show it's not the end of the world if you don't hear dead on five weeks!!) - UK applicant (thought I would specify as saw a debate about this a few pages prior)

Hey, do you mind if I ask what kind of grades you have?

Congratulations,

QuestionsQ

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lynutshell
anyone heard anything for stats & finance? : )

nothing yet, just a 7 week email received last week :/
Reply 2334
Original post by gera_95
Hi guys,

basically, I have submitted my application with my current IELTS results (which isn't great:frown:)

Listening: 8.5
Reading: 7.5
Speaking: 7.0
Writing: 6.5
Overall: 7.5

The minimum requirement is 7.0 in each section. Can I get rejected because of my poor IELTS results? :frown:
Or can they just tell me to resit it?

I got my country's qualification, which is equivalent to 5 A* and 9 A's
AS level: AABB
A-level predictions A*AAA

I am applying to Management, where the min. requirement is AAB.

They might reject you on other grounds but not because of the IELTS. They will just tell you to retake the the IELTS in your offer letter in case they decide to make you an offer. But they wont let you in if you don't satisfy the language requirements so take it seriously.
5 weeks ended yesterday, no reply but other people got offers on the last day of their 5 week email for Management.

Anyone know what that means? I got a Fee status questionnaire earlier, would that have delayed my decision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2336
Original post by The-Illusionist
What course is this for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

International relations
Original post by gracelich
Ahh, they're good predicted grades. I'm predicted A*AA, AS: AAAE. I spoke about a range of things. Henry VIII, Mao's china, French Revolution. I also spoke about my work experience as a local History researcher for Kirkstall Abbey museum. EC's include chairing the debating society at school, senior prefect, history society outside of school, head of student council, amended school curriculum, writing for a newspaper, rock climbing. Also spoke about 4 different books and Lucy Worsley's BBC4 History programmes. I hope all that stuff in my P.S is good enough for LSE!

What did you talk about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well. Why on earth are you worrying? You've done way more than me..or anyone else I can possibly think of. The only problem with your PS may be the fact that talking about 4 different books (and a TV programme and those zillion other things) means you might not have been able to go into enough detail about them. But I don't know. Probably doesn't matter.

I briefly mentioned Andrew Marr's 'modern Britain' book and then talked in depth about Paul Preston's 'The Spanish Holocaust' and the effect of the spanish civil war on modern Spain today. ECs: poetry, blogging (I mentioned I've recieved 100,000 views-not sure that matters though), volunteering at Oxfam, CCF, volunteering at outdoor history education centre (I've been there twice :wink: ), and EPQ on Apollo conspiracy theories.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SoggyTractor
Well. Why on earth are you worrying? You've done way more than me..or anyone else I can possibly think of. The only problem with your PS may be the fact that talking about 4 different books (and a TV programme and those zillion other things) means you might not have been able to go into enough detail about them. But I don't know. Probably doesn't matter.

I briefly mentioned Andrew Marr's 'modern Britain' book and then talked in depth about Paul Preston's 'The Spanish Holocaust' and the effect of the spanish civil war on modern Spain today. ECs: poetry, blogging (I mentioned I've recieved 100,000 views-not sure that matters though), volunteering at Oxfam, CCF, volunteering at outdoor history education centre (I've been there twice :wink: ), and EPQ on Apollo conspiracy theories.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I can't help but worry tbh. I didn't really get any proper help with my P.S, so I just kind of guessed as to what LSE would be wanting in a P.S.

You're E.C's sound good, and you've chosen some interesting topics to talk about. Good luck with your application!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2339
Original post by james8821
5 weeks ended yesterday, no reply but other people got offers on the last day of their 5 week email for Management.

Anyone know what that means? I got a Fee status questionnaire earlier, would that have delayed my decision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for Management and my five weeks also ends yesterday.. What is the fee status questionnaire?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending