The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by youraveragestudent
nothing yet, just a 7 week email received last week :/

did you receive a 5 week mail before that? how long after the 5 week mail did you receive your 7 week? I'm sooooo nervous:frown:(
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2341
Original post by QuestionsQ
Hey, do you mind if I ask what kind of grades you have?

Congratulations,

QuestionsQ

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I have 10 a* at gcse and 4a's
AAAB at a level with 100 percent in geography and history
predicted A*A*A* and a in another as

Some people probably haven't heard yet but have better grades than me - I think it just gets to a point when they have to send out another email update after you've been waiting a while after the 5 weeks!
Original post by Truea96
Thanks! I have 10 a* at gcse and 4a's
AAAB at a level with 100 percent in geography and history
predicted A*A*A* and a in another as

Some people probably haven't heard yet but have better grades than me - I think it just gets to a point when they have to send out another email update after you've been waiting a while after the 5 weeks!

It's pretty inconceivable that many have 'better' grades than you - but sure, there will be some.

Congratulations on reaching the next stage,

QuestionsQ
Anyone heard anything for History yet? Got the 5 week email about 4 weeks ago, but still if anyone has any offers...everyone is taking their time for history it seems :L apart from Exeter who offered me A*AA -.-
Reply 2344
Original post by james8821
5 weeks ended yesterday, no reply but other people got offers on the last day of their 5 week email for Management.

Anyone know what that means? I got a Fee status questionnaire earlier, would that have delayed my decision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am applying for management and my 5 weeks ended yesterday too... no reply, not even a fee status questionnaire... :frown:
Reply 2345
Applying to management, and my five week ended yesterday and got an offer yesterday........I nearly went crazy after seen that email...... And that was a big comfort for me as I was rejected by oxford PPE on Thursday.
Reply 2346
Original post by gera_95
Hi guys,

basically, I have submitted my application with my current IELTS results (which isn't great:frown:)

Listening: 8.5
Reading: 7.5
Speaking: 7.0
Writing: 6.5
Overall: 7.5

The minimum requirement is 7.0 in each section. Can I get rejected because of my poor IELTS results? :frown:
Or can they just tell me to resit it?

I got my country's qualification, which is equivalent to 5 A* and 9 A's
AS level: AABB
A-level predictions A*AAA

I am applying to Management, where the min. requirement is AAB.

I am also applying to Management, I got both 9s in listening& reading, 7 in speaking and only 6 for writing, and I got an offer from management!
They asked me to achieve 7 in IB English B HL as a condition though.
Reply 2347
Original post by CalvinTsao
Got an offer from LSE for management this morning (9.30 a.m) !!!!!
YESSSSSSS!!!

Exactly the last day of the five week

ME TOO!!!! I guess you are Chinese as well?
Reply 2348
Everyone who got offers, well done guys!!!

Hopefully, i will get offer for Management.. fingers crossed!:adore:
Reply 2349
Original post by Htx3
I am also applying to Management, I got both 9s in listening& reading, 7 in speaking and only 6 for writing, and I got an offer from management!
They asked me to achieve 7 in IB English B HL as a condition though.

Oh thank you for giving me hope! Congrats with your offer!!!:clap2:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2350
Anybody got any results?
My 5 weeks is over and I am hearing absolutely nothing.
Oh dear
Original post by farah95
Does a good personal statement make up for grades at LSE? I've got pretty solid IGCSEs but average AS and an A*AA prediction but after looking at other peoples predicted grades/as-levels I'm not feeling *too* great about my application even though I do fit all the entry requirements. I should probably stop overthinking it.

what were your IGCSE grades
Original post by gera_95
Hi guys,

basically, I have submitted my application with my current IELTS results (which isn't great:frown:)

Listening: 8.5
Reading: 7.5
Speaking: 7.0
Writing: 6.5
Overall: 7.5

The minimum requirement is 7.0 in each section. Can I get rejected because of my poor IELTS results? :frown:
Or can they just tell me to resit it?

I got my country's qualification, which is equivalent to 5 A* and 9 A's
AS level: AABB
A-level predictions A*AAA

I am applying to Management, where the min. requirement is AAB.

You will probably be asked to re-sit it.

By the way, I am ever more convinced that IELTS exam is pretty much useless. It doesn't really test the actual level of English. Being a test, is too generic and to my mind is not related to the real proficiency of the candidate and his/her ability to deal with daily conversations.

What's more, taking my application to Oxford as an example, I had to write an essay, to do a multiple question test and I am going to be interviewed. What do they need this bloody IELTS for?

(If it seems that I may have a chip on my shoulder, I got 8.5 overall, 7.5 as lowest)
Reply 2353
Original post by Caesar95
You will probably be asked to re-sit it.

By the way, I am ever more convinced that IELTS exam is pretty much useless. It doesn't really test the actual level of English. Being a test, is too generic and to my mind is not related to the real proficiency of the candidate and his/her ability to deal with daily conversations.

What's more, taking my application to Oxford as an example, I had to write an essay, to do a multiple question test and I am going to be interviewed. What do they need this bloody IELTS for?

(If it seems that I may have a chip on my shoulder, I got 8.5 overall, 7.5 as lowest)

I just find it so annoying. I already sat my IELTS exam 2 times. And i got the same results twice. I already received an offer from Exeter, however LSE is my firm choice..
Original post by masterclass@14
what were your IGCSE grades

Masterclass@14, what date did you apply?
Reply 2355
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
DId LSE send you the questionnaire?

The UMS one, I assume you're referring to? Yes, I received the questionnaire - quite early on as well in the process (before my 2 week email)!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2356
Original post by TerribleTej
congratulations on the offer and well done for those impressive results, I just hope now that LSE give me a god damn offer which gives me less pressure when I go to my Cambridge interview.

Those were my thoughts exactly when I received the offer. Good luck to you!
Original post by Belle18
Here's hoping! How far are you into your 5 weeker?

3 weeks only. :frown:

I'm guessing your PS was pretty solid then
Original post by Belle18
Those were my thoughts exactly when I received the offer. Good luck to you!

Thank you! :smile:
Whats the difference between the five and seven week email anyone? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending