The Student Room Group

Chemistry Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Coral Reafs
york have yet to send me an invite... its been 3-4 weeks now :confused:

Really? :confused: Well, in the email it says this: "At this stage in the admissions system we only consider applicants who, on the basis of the information on their UCAS forms, definitely appear to be capable of making a success of a degree course. I am pleased to say you come in this category..." etc. So perhaps they're just looking at yours later for one reason or another?:redface:
How does everyone prepare for their interviews? I'm curious :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ethery
Really? :confused: Well, in the email it says this: "At this stage in the admissions system we only consider applicants who, on the basis of the information on their UCAS forms, definitely appear to be capable of making a success of a degree course. I am pleased to say you come in this category..." etc. So perhaps they're just looking at yours later for one reason or another?:redface:

I'm a post A-level applicant with A*AAabc in maths chem bio, and further maths, english lit, and critical thinking AS respectively.

I thought that would be enough :s-smilie:
Original post by Coral Reafs
I'm a post A-level applicant with A*AAabc in maths chem bio, and further maths, english lit, and critical thinking AS respectively.

I thought that would be enough :s-smilie:

I would've thought so too. Rather odd. :s-smilie: I guess all you can do is wait, though! Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine with those grades. :smile:
Original post by Gotzz
Sheffield have finally put my offer through: AAB including Chemistry :smile:

Congrats. :biggrin:
Reply 725
Original post by CJG21
Congrats. :biggrin:

Thanks!
Original post by Gotzz
Thanks!

Where else have you applied?
Reply 727
Original post by CJG21
Where else have you applied?

Keble college Oxford (interview), Imperial (interview), Nottingham (offer), Sheffield (offer) and Warwick for Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry, who I still haven't heard back from. :smile:
What about you?
Original post by Gotzz
Keble college Oxford (interview), Imperial (interview), Nottingham (offer), Sheffield (offer) and Warwick for Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry, who I still haven't heard back from. :smile:
What about you?

Congrats on the offers.

I applied to Somerville Oxford (interview), Imperial (interview), Warwick (offer), Bristol (interview) and Durham who I haven't heard back from.

When's your Imperial interview??
Reply 729
Original post by CJG21
Congrats on the offers.

I applied to Somerville Oxford (interview), Imperial (interview), Warwick (offer), Bristol (interview) and Durham who I haven't heard back from.

When's your Imperial interview??

Thanks, you too!
January 22nd I think, though I won't be attending in the unlikely event I get an offer from Oxford. You?
Original post by Gotzz
Thanks, you too!
January 22nd I think, though I won't be attending in the unlikely event I get an offer from Oxford. You?

That's the date mine is too :P

I'll attend regardless on the off chance I could get an AAA offer.
Reply 731
Original post by CJG21
That's the date mine is too :P

I'll attend regardless on the off chance I could get an AAA offer.

I don't really know if I'd wanna go there. And if I got an offer from Oxford that'd obviously be my firm and then I wouldn't want AAA as an insurance :redface:
Original post by Gotzz
I don't really know if I'd wanna go there. And if I got an offer from Oxford that'd obviously be my firm and then I wouldn't want AAA as an insurance :redface:

It'd be silly to not even go to the interview though, you may as well, you'd have nothing to lose.
And what's wrong with AAA as an insurance??
Reply 733
Original post by CJG21
It'd be silly to not even go to the interview though, you may as well, you'd have nothing to lose.
And what's wrong with AAA as an insurance??

I'd lose time and it would still be stressful, when I would already know I wouldn't be going there.
Well having only learnt half of my A2 content so far, I don't feel confident enough on getting AAA and I wanna make sure I go to uni! I'd feel much more comfortable having AAB as my insurance :tongue: Just in case I bomb bio!
Original post by Gotzz
I'd lose time and it would still be stressful, when I would already know I wouldn't be going there.
Well having only learnt half of my A2 content so far, I don't feel confident enough on getting AAA and I wanna make sure I go to uni! I'd feel much more comfortable having AAB as my insurance :tongue: Just in case I bomb bio!

I suppose. I think I'd insure at AAA anyway and just take the risk, would certainly make results day more "exciting". What prep have you done for Oxford? I'm panicking.
Reply 735
Original post by CJG21
I suppose. I think I'd insure at AAA anyway and just take the risk, would certainly make results day more "exciting". What prep have you done for Oxford? I'm panicking.

How would it make results day more exciting? Because you'd be less certain you've gotten into uni? :lol:
Not much really, had a mock interview, got two more on Tuesday. Revising AS chem, re-reading books I mentioned on my PS and reading a couple articles.
I don't feel very prepared.
What about you?
Anybody going for the Cambridge chemistry challenge tonight?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gotzz
How would it make results day more exciting? Because you'd be less certain you've gotten into uni? :lol:
Not much really, had a mock interview, got two more on Tuesday. Revising AS chem, re-reading books I mentioned on my PS and reading a couple articles.
I don't feel very prepared.
What about you?

Yes, it would give it an added edge. I'm just a maverick like that.

:O
I need to read the books I said I read on my PS. I'm screwed. I had a small mock interview and that's it.

Ah well, que sara and all at.
Reply 738
Original post by CJG21
Yes, it would give it an added edge. I'm just a maverick like that.

:O
I need to read the books I said I read on my PS. I'm screwed. I had a small mock interview and that's it.

Ah well, que sara and all at.

It sounds like more than it is, I still haven't finished revising AS chem and re-reading the books, so I still have a lot to do.
I don't know what "que sara" means.
And you may not need to revise any content, but I tend to forget everything very quickly so I'm just going over the most important topics.
Original post by Gotzz
It sounds like more than it is, I still haven't finished revising AS chem and re-reading the books, so I still have a lot to do.
I don't know what "que sara" means.
And you may not need to revise any content, but I tend to forget everything very quickly so I'm just going over the most important topics.

I'm going to try revising things quickly next week. Not in much detail. They aren't really looking for knowledge but more application into unusual circumstances. When are you in Oxford??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending