The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone applied to University of Hull for primary? if so, have you heard anything yet?
Reply 2261
Original post by Caina
I have an interview for a place on the Primary course at Institute of Education. In the interview email it doesn't mention anything about a presentation or a maths and english test - does anyone know what exactly we're expected to do on the day?

I have an interview with IoE (for Secondary Physics with Maths) and they told me there would be a presentation and written piece, so if they haven't mentioned anything I guess it would be just a normal interview.
Original post by xxstace123xx
As far as I am aware, SCITT is a consortium of schools with one main school in which you learn (I am applying to do early years - so curriculum studies and creative learning) things like that, but you can be placed in any of the schools in the consortium (there are 12 in my top choice) for any of the 3 placements.

I think it varies because one SCITT I am applying for has the training facilities in the lead school whereas the other SCITT has a training building within an industrial estate.

School direct is mainly focused on one school who have more control over which training they decide to give you, but the place I have applied for is accredited by my top choice SCITT too so the schools will be similar.

I think School Direct only has to place you in one other school, as you are like their member of staff.

It varies a lot though dependent on where you have applied to :smile:

Do you get QTS with SCITT?
the place I have applied for is accredited by my top choice SCITT too so the schools will be similar.

I was going to apply for a SCITT and SD both accredited by the same provider, but after emailing them, they said that it would be a waste of a choice because they all go in the same pile!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juichiro
Do you get QTS with SCITT?

Yes.
Has anybody applied for PGCE/School Direct at Leicester or Chester? :smile:
Original post by jeffercake
I was going to apply for a SCITT and SD both accredited by the same provider, but after emailing them, they said that it would be a waste of a choice because they all go in the same pile!

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I went to the open day for the SCITT they encouraged us to apply for both as it gives you more chance. They also said it goes to the same place but the person from the school direct place will look at the application alongside them.

Plus I want to do early years and there is only 3 courses in my area that do it, so may as well apply for them all.
Reply 2267
Original post by BlissedBlessing
Whats the difference between Scitt and school direct

As far as I am aware, SCITT is a consortium of schools with one main school in which you learn (I am applying to do early years - so curriculum studies and creative learning) things like that, but you can be placed in any of the schools in the consortium (there are 12 in my top choice) for any of the 3 placements.

I think it varies because one SCITT I am applying for has the training facilities in the lead school whereas the other SCITT has a training building within an industrial estate.

School direct is mainly focused on one school who have more control over which training they decide to give you, but the place I have applied for is accredited by my top choice SCITT too so the schools will be similar.

I think School Direct only has to place you in one other school, as you are like their member of staff.

It varies a lot though dependent on where you have applied to :smile:

Regarding the choice of training School Direct places sometimes choose to use Uni based training. I know my uni said some of the school direct schools they are working with will be signing up for their students to attend most of the PGCE, so it's very similar to the PGCE apart from you're based in one school.

xxx
Thank you
Original post by Nicola_1990
Has anybody applied for PGCE/School Direct at Leicester or Chester?

I am applying for Leicester PGCE. :-)
Reply 2270
Just in case anyone wants to see and hasn't yet, there is an interesting and possibly eye-opening thread about the stresses of teacher training here. I find it fascinating, and there is some good information within the discussions, including a link to this blog which I am now enjoying scanning. ^^
Do you reckon the UCAS website is down to update our status' on our choices? Or is it just boring code updates :frown:
Original post by kpwxx
Regarding the choice of training School Direct places sometimes choose to use Uni based training. I know my uni said some of the school direct schools they are working with will be signing up for their students to attend most of the PGCE, so it's very similar to the PGCE apart from you're based in one school.

xxx

Just to clarify, all teacher training courses have at least two placements. So although you're based at one school you will go to another for at least a month.
Original post by madl24903
Do you reckon the UCAS website is down to update our status' on our choices? Or is it just boring code updates :frown:

They wouldn't put it down to update it... that would mean they have to do that every single time they need to update! It will be to do maintaince on track.
Original post by Esmeralda4
I am applying for Leicester PGCE. :-)

Ah great, have you sent off your application yet?/Heard anything? :smile:
Ah great, have you sent off your application yet?/Heard anything?

No. My final reference should be done Monday so I will be sending it then. Have you heard anything yet?
No. My final reference should be done Monday so I will be sending it then. Have you heard anything yet?

Saaame..I'm waiting for references. I go to the UoL already so it's frustrating, just want to go and hand it in and stop messing around with UCAS :P
Saaame..I'm waiting for references. I go to the UoL already so it's frustrating, just want to go and hand it in and stop messing around with UCAS :P

Ugh I know! I just want it sent so it is finally out of my hands. Lol.
Where else are you applying?
Ugh I know! I just want it sent so it is finally out of my hands. Lol.
Where else are you applying?

To Thomas Estley School Direct in Leicester and Chester Uni..you??
Original post by awe
Just in case anyone wants to see and hasn't yet, there is an interesting and possibly eye-opening thread about the stresses of teacher training here. I find it fascinating, and there is some good information within the discussions, including a link to this blog which I am now enjoying scanning. ^^

Oh god, just read through this, and it's horrifying.

Latest

Trending

Trending