The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angelica.
18 pts. and no interview.... personal statement must have been disastrous! :frown:

I havent heard anything from them!!! :confused: I'm freaking out :crazy:
Reply 441
Original post by mariliahoward
I havent heard anything from them!!! :confused: I'm freaking out :crazy:

have you had any other interviews?
and I know!! eeeek.:frown:
Reply 442
Original post by alihihg
Wow. They're interviewing already? I'm an international applicant and I have neither a rejection or invitation to interview. Do you think this means I've been rejected most likely?

Definitely not! They interview all the way through to at least February, it's still early.
Got an interview today for the 12th! Very pleased! What types of questions have people been asked?
Original post by myyrh
They do try stick to a tight schedule but interviews will inevitably vary due to the candidate responses and the interviewers themselves.

I really wouldn't over think this, the length of the interview isn't a reliable indicator of how well it went so don't worry. Mine was just over 9 minutes where as I know loads who had theirs lasting around half an hour.

Yeah mine was like 10 mins? do you think we are at a disadvantage? All the stuff I prepared
didn't even come up.
Reply 445
Original post by Mo_maths
Yeah mine was like 10 mins? do you think we are at a disadvantage? All the stuff I prepared
didn't even come up.

I'm a second year here so no it wasn't a disadvantage :smile: Like I said the length is not an indicator of how well the interview went. I understand that you prepared loads and didn't get the opportunity to say what you needed but that happens in most interviews anyway. Remember the interviewers aren't just looking at how you respond to the questions but also how you come across as a person. Liverpool interviews are normally really laid back because it gives them an opportunity to see your true personality.
Did anyone who have had interviews get asked difficult questions? By difficult, I mean like quite different/ strange ones.
have you had any other interviews?
and I know!! eeeek.:frown:

Nope
Its so bloody frustrating...
this wait is driving me insane, i check my ucas a million times a day. x

have you had any interviews?
Reply 448
Nope
Its so bloody frustrating...
this wait is driving me insane, i check my ucas a million times a day. x

have you had any interviews?

Yes I had one from Cardiff, so hopefully that went down well :colondollar:
It's just a waiting game... Liverpool either hated my ps or are keeping best till last ;P
Where have you applied?
I heard that you're not allowed to tell others about the interview questions... personally, i find that a bit pathetic. How can you prepare yourself for it if you don't have a clue about the scenario/situation that you're going to questioned about it. :-/
(edited 10 years ago)
Yes I had one from Cardiff, so hopefully that went down well :colondollar:
It's just a waiting game... Liverpool either hated my ps or are keeping best till last ;P
Where have you applied?

Aw Im sure you have smashed it and you will hear from them soon !!! :smile:

I applied to Liverpool , Liverpool John moors , Uclan and Edge Hill x
Reply 451
Aw Im sure you have smashed it and you will hear from them soon !!! :smile:

I applied to Liverpool , Liverpool John moors , Uclan and Edge Hill x

do John moores and edge hill do med?:s-smilie:
Original post by myyrh
They do try stick to a tight schedule but interviews will inevitably vary due to the candidate responses and the interviewers themselves.

I really wouldn't over think this, the length of the interview isn't a reliable indicator of how well it went so don't worry. Mine was just over 9 minutes where as I know loads who had theirs lasting around half an hour.

Hey, if you don't mind me asking I have few questions

Whats the nightlife like in liverpool and hows the social scene for medics?

Also does liverpool feel catered towards students to you?

Do you need a stethescope in first year?
Reply 453
Original post by Richyp22
Hey, if you don't mind me asking I have few questions

Whats the nightlife like in liverpool and hows the social scene for medics?

Also does liverpool feel catered towards students to you?

Do you need a stethescope in first year?

The nightlife is amazing, plenty of clubs and bars in the city. Medics are notorious for partying hard and they do not disappoint. I just came back from one the events and it was crazy! Liverpool is very student orientated, there are two other universities in the city too after all.
As for a stethescope, It would definitely be helpful as you have OSCEs in first year. However you can always just borrow one of from a friend when it comes to practice. You'll definitely need one for second year when you go on the wards though.
Original post by shah101
Tips for interviews

- The interviewers themselves are generally very friendly and easy to talk to; the interview will be more like an informal conversation rather than a grilling!
- PBL is being scrapped by the medical school; its on their curriculum review, so they may ask questions on it (the review is available on their website)
- The questions may be based on your PS and work experience, so make sure you know the most important aspects of both.
- Although the dress code says 'smart but casual' you may find everyone wearing fully formal clothing at the interview; do not worry about this as the interviewers are not too concerned about this (from my experience)

Good luck! Any questions just PM me (i'm a 1st year medic at liverpool)

Hello,
what do you mean by they could ask you questions on it? in what sense?
Original post by kd912
certificates, photocopies and the two forms seem to be all that are specified in the email

Hello,

What certificates and photocopies do we need, in addition to the 2 forms?
Thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by Parle à ma main
I am and thankfully the things that make Liverpool for me won't be changing for you. My favourite thing here is the immense support you get from other students, both in your year and older years. It's what's sustained PBL even with such a big year group and that won't be changing even if the course is :smile: You get assigned a mentor through the Liverpool Medical School Society, through the uni itself and to be honest you tend to meet medics everywhere (probably because of the big year groups thing) and every one of them says "if you need help, let me know". I've yet to meet anyone who hasn't been lovely!

Another good aspect that won't be being dropped is early clinical slant- we're only in week 6 yet we've learned how to do respiratory/lymph node/abdominal/thyroid exams to name a few! And the clinical exposure that you get from second year here is what other unis wouldn't get until like third or even fourth year!

I heard that you get a year long placement in a hospital in your second year, is that true? Thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by Delta, Δ
I heard that you get a year long placement in a hospital in your second year, is that true? Thanks! :biggrin:

Hi! Yes that's true currently- two days a week at hospital, and one day at GP. You're placed in one hospital in second year and all your placements are there.
Original post by Parle à ma main
Hi! Yes that's true currently- two days a week at hospital, and one day at GP. You're placed in one hospital in second year and all your placements are there.

Thanks !!! So do you go for 3 days a week in you second year (2 days at a hospital and 1 day at a GP)?
Reply 459
Original post by Delta, Δ
Thanks !!! So do you go for 3 days a week in you second year (2 days at a hospital and 1 day at a GP)?

Yeah but only when your GP placement block comes around (It's 6 weeks)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending