The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SnA_JPH
ugh how do you read a dna sequence -.-
i really have no idea

Help please! I think I know what to do with the names of the countries i just get the wrong answer. ;'( How didd you do silver?
actually dw i got it! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
For copper I'm looking up specific heat capacity but I havent a clue which one im meant to use... is it of the products or combined gases in air? If latter, one is lost.
I may be wrong conpletely aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MistyDream
Thanks.
I think I got the energy required (is the answer it too big?), but how to i get the volume of Methane required to get that value? Thanks in advance. :smile:

Got it! :smile:

Original post by django123
Help please! I think I know what to do with the names of the countries i just get the wrong answer. ;'( How didd you do silver?
actually dw i got it! :smile:

How did you get Copper? Am so confused! :confused:
Reply 1923
Original post by ChemistryQuiz
How did you get Copper? Am so confused! :confused:

work out the mass of air, then the energy required to heat it. you can probably get the rest from there. :smile:
Reply 1924
after sleeping on it i have realised.... Rg is impossible to me XD i would really appreciate any kind of help i can get :smile:
i know how to do it, its just finding what goes where that im having trouble with :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SnA_JPH
work out the mass of air, then the energy required to heat it. you can probably get the rest from there. :smile:

I've got moles of air in the room, i'm confused how to get mass what's air's Molar mass gonna be?? I sound so stupid aha :s
Reply 1926
Original post by Nat_LPS
I've got moles of air in the room, i'm confused how to get mass what's air's Molar mass gonna be?? I sound so stupid aha :s

look at the density of air... that will give you the mass :smile:
Original post by SnA_JPH
dont worry did it ^_^

Help, please? :smile:
Reply 1928
Original post by rabirabbit
Help, please? :smile:
assume its an rna sequence... read it as that, then translate :smile: its quite a nice message
Original post by SnA_JPH
look at the density of air... that will give you the mass :smile:

Is it the density at stp?
Reply 1930
Original post by ivana_a.h
Is it the density at stp?

its always stp unless specified :smile:
How on earth did those 107 geniuses complete it? :eek: Either they're too quick or am too slow. Guess I'd go with the latter. :rolleyes: :tongue:
Original post by SnA_JPH
its always stp unless specified :smile:

Is the energy somewhere around the millions?
Reply 1933
Original post by ChemistryQuiz
How on earth did those 107 geniuses complete it? :eek: Either they're too quick or am too slow. Guess I'd go with the latter. :rolleyes: :tongue:
the annoying thing is one of them is in my chem class -.- no badge for me then XD
Reply 1934
Original post by ivana_a.h
Is the energy somewhere around the millions?

millions of joules yes :smile: if you are in Kj you went wrong somewhere
crying.
PV =nRT or deltaH = m x c x change in temp
this is another language to me jeez me teacher's taking his time getting to cambridge's favourite topic
Now I don't want to gloat, but I just full on guessed the correct answer to both bronze and gold.
Which is very lucky because I wouldn't have been able to work them out.
Original post by SnA_JPH
the annoying thing is one of them is in my chem class -.- no badge for me then XD

Hey! No worries. You've got 6 more months to go. Am sure you'll get it in January. :wink:
Original post by CJG21
Now I don't want to gloat, but I just full on guessed the correct answer to both bronze and gold.

Guessing tips, please? :biggrin:
Original post by CJG21

Have you done Rg??? I need help :/

Quick Reply

Latest