Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CJG21
Where are you stuck?

dont worry I've done it now :smile:
Argh! Copper is driving me insane!!! :mad:

Original post by ChemistryQuiz
Argh! Copper is driving me insane!!! :mad:

Yeah, I seem to have done the proper steps but I keep getting the final answer in millions :angry:
Reply 1963
gold's sequence makes no sense
Got it!!! :smile:
[INDENT]

Help on copper pleaaassee????

:eek:Bravo!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ivana_a.h

Help on copper pleaaassee????

Find out the mass of air using the density provided on Google. After finding the mass, use the formula Q=mct to find the energy. Then if you Google Methane and read the 'Fuel' part under the 'Uses' section. That should help. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by excal9
gold's sequence makes no sense

Make sure you're reading it correctly.

Yeah, I seem to have done the proper steps but I keep getting the final answer in millions :angry:

Same! I swear I have typed in literally everything and it's wrong! :angry:
Reply 1970
Original post by Doctor Feelgood
Make sure you're reading it correctly.

top to bottom then triplets?
Find out the mass of air using the density provided on Google. After finding the mass, use the formula Q=mct to find the energy. Then if you Google Methane and read the 'Fuel' part under the 'Uses' section. That should help. Good luck! :smile:

Is the c of methane involved in any case? :/
Ugh, I genuinely have no clue what to do with the 6-figure answer I have that it isn't accepting..... I did X x Y x Z (I think), so what now?
Is the c of methane involved in any case? :/

Nope. Google specific heat capacity of air at room temperature.
Nope. Google specific heat capacity of air at room temperature.

I've got the energy...and directly divide it by the 891 kj mol-1 provided?
I've got the energy...and directly divide it by the 891 kj mol-1 provided?

After you 'Q', Google the Methane part which I stated. You'll get what to do after you read that. :smile:
Original post by CJG21
It's just a crossword/word fit puzzle.

Fairly easy.

That's true actually, it took me embarrassingly long to get it considering that :colondollar: I kept making spelling mistakes and mucking everything up!
After you 'Q', Google the Methane part which I stated. You'll get what to do after you read that. :smile:

ive got q which is close to 2000 but i try to convert it and it doesnt work, are you on about the megajoules bit in google or am i looking at the wrong thing?
Original post by chemstudent2-13
ive got q which is close to 2000 but i try to convert it and it doesnt work, are you on about the megajoules bit in google or am i looking at the wrong thing?

yes, i am talking about the megajoules bit. and its close to 20000 - round figure. :smile:

Loads of thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest